• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
XSE Movement Script Problem

I'm trying to make a script similar to Oak's thing he does when you try to leave Pallet town before you have your first pokemon. I'm not sure what's wrong with this script (made in XSE), and instead of performing the movements, the game just freezes when I step on the tile. Here is the script.

EDIT: Probelm solved, thanks to the awesomeness of Nosman/Quilava's Master. That worked perfectly,thanks.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
Years
I'm trying to make a script similar to Oak's thing he does when you try to leave Pallet town before you have your first pokemon. I'm not sure what's wrong with this script (made in XSE), and instead of performing the movements, the game just freezes when I step on the tile. Here is the script.

Spoiler:
My guess is you did not change the Unknown:0000 to Unknown:0003 and the Var Number:0000 to Var Number:4050 in a-map

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Spoiler:
you're missing the setvar. right under @start put setvar 0x(variable number) 0x(0)

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
can some1 help me out & tell me how 2 fix the rival script bc im making a hack with some1 else & we need the script so we can release a beta.the rom is ruby & im using xse. the script:
Spoiler:

Years
ROM: Ruby
Editor: PKSV

I have my script ready. It is supposed to present a series of True/False questions, then give you items if all of your answers are correct. Unfortunately, when I enter this:
Spoiler:

I get this when I "open script":

Spoiler:

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
ROM: FireRed
EDITOR: PKSV

I wanted to have a long line of people that would disappear after the player received a starter Pokemon. So, I placed all the person events using A-Map then set a level script on the map like the one below:

Spoiler:

During testing, however, after I set the Pokemon flag, the line still didn't disappear. Is there something wrong with the script? Or do I not understand level scripts? I'm new and not very accomplished at scripting, so any help is appreciated.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
can some1 help me out & tell me how 2 fix the rival script bc im making a hack with some1 else & we need the script so we can release a beta.the rom is ruby & im using xse. the script:
Spoiler:
First of all, you don't need "waitmovement" after every single command. Only "applymovement" should be followed by "waitmovement"
Spoiler:

Well, I'm guessing you're going to fill in those gaps and ???s and add those movement pointers. Note that if you want to make the sprite disappear permanently, put the person ID as 0200 in your rival OW.

ROM: Ruby
Editor: PKSV

I have my script ready. It is supposed to present a series of True/False questions, then give you items if all of your answers are correct. Unfortunately, when I enter this:
Spoiler:

I get this when I "open script":

Spoiler:

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

I don't use PKSV, but I think you compiled onto existing data
i.e. You didn't compile to enough free space.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
First of all, you don't need "waitmovement" after every single command. Only "applymovement" should be followed by "waitmovement"
Spoiler:

Well, I'm guessing you're going to fill in those gaps and ???s and add those movement pointers. Note that if you want to make the sprite disappear permanently, put the person ID as 0200 in your rival OW.
thanks 4 the help. hope it works now.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
i need help with this script

Spoiler:

im using XSE

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years

He does not need setvar he has checkflag. I am no master scripter but even I figuered this one out all he has to do is change the var number and unknown in a-map and he does not need setvar at all.

Actually, he's right, but still wrong, and you're practice is just messy hacking :/.
A trick I learned is that you set a variable at the begging of your script where you would put a setflag, and then put that variable into either the var number. No checkflag though, as putting the variable you set in that spot acts as a checkflag in intself, and will not run the script when you step on that tile.
The advantage to this is that instead of the engine starting the script, then immediatly stopping it, it just never starts in the first place.
Your welcome :D

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
Sprites not disappearing Problem

Game Hacking: Fire Red
Scripting Program:XSE

Hello, peoples, I have another problem. The following script is made to give the player 5 pokeballs, and then move and disappear two sprites within the map and reappear two other sprites. Everything in this script works, so far, yet the sprites aren't disappearing, for some reason. They just go through the motions and stay on the map. Is there anything I'm doing wrong in this script? The part dealing with making the sprites disappear starts at @hereyougo.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I have 2 very noobish questions:

1: how do i choose where the player spawns after he/she names the character etc. and shrinks.

2: how do i assign scripts to various sprites in XSE?

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Using XSE:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
preparemsg @intro <----- Error 13 "Type mismatch, missing dynamic label"
waitmsg
playsong 0x11B 0x0
waitkeypress
trainerbattle 0x3 0x001 0x0 @defeat
msgbox @outro MSG_KEEPOPEN
fadescreen 0x1
closeonkeypress
hidesprite 0xC
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

#org intro
= Hmmm?\nWho are you?\pOh it doesn't matter.\pYou're not getting past me.

#org defeat
= Oh COME ON!

#org outro
= Hmph!\pYou only lost because my\nPOK\eMON are weak.\pYou've not seen the\nlast of me!
What am I missing here?

Last edited:

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I have 2 very noobish questions:

1: how do i choose where the player spawns after he/she names the character etc. and shrinks.

2: how do i assign scripts to various sprites in XSE?

1: Using a program called Start Map Chooser (can be found on whack a hack)

2: do you mean so if a script happens it does stuff to more than one sprite or just assigning a script to a person? (PM me about this one, I would like to script for your hack :) (if you accept me, I'm quite good, (can do complex scripts)))

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
here is my script for some reason the give pokemon part and the hidesprite dont work please help,
Spoiler:

thanks in advance

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Using XSE:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
preparemsg @intro <----- Error 13 "Type mismatch, missing dynamic label"
waitmsg
playsong 0x11B 0x0
waitkeypress
trainerbattle 0x3 0x001 0x0 @defeat
msgbox @outro MSG_KEEPOPEN
fadescreen 0x1
closeonkeypress
hidesprite 0xC
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

#org intro
= Hmmm?\nWho are you?\pOh it doesn't matter.\pYou're not getting past me.

#org defeat
= Oh COME ON!

#org outro
= Hmph!\pYou only lost because my\nPOK\eMON are weak.\pYou've not seen the\nlast of me!
What am I missing here?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The flags are there so the script won't repeat itself after stepping on the script tile. Put the person ID of the OW as '0200' if you want a permanent disappearance.
here is my script for some reason the give pokemon part and the hidesprite dont work please help,
Spoiler:

thanks in advance
It's not much, but here:
Spoiler:

Makes it a tad more convenient. The givepokemon part should work.
And make sure you've got the correct OW numbers for the 'hidesprite' or do you mean you want the OWs to permanently disappear?

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Firefox, I think a 0x4 msgbox type needs a closeonkeypress after it. Try adding closeonkeypress under/after msgbox @intro 0x4 and msgbox @outro 0x4. Hope that helps.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Thanks Chad, unfortunately I'm still getting the same error on the same line :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back