• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I have 1GB but only go over 100-200MB if I reeeally overuse my phone. And by overuse I mean I'll download a podcast if it's near my reset date and I see I'm still only at 11%. The highest I've ever managed was ~500MB and that was when I was on vacation for two weeks in Canada without wifi.

I don't understand how people need such massive limits, haha. Though, it does help that I have access to wifi almost all the time. If I'm not at home, I'm usually at school and both places have internet for me to use. I only use 3G when I'm out shopping, commuting between the two places, or on a trip.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have 1GB but only go over 100-200MB if I reeeally overuse my phone. And by overuse I mean I'll download a podcast if it's near my reset date and I see I'm still only at 11%. The highest I've ever managed was ~500MB and that was when I was on vacation for two weeks in Canada without wifi.

I don't understand how people need such massive limits, haha. Though, it does help that I have access to wifi almost all the time. If I'm not at home, I'm usually at school and both places have internet for me to use. I only use 3G when I'm out shopping, commuting between the two places, or on a trip.

I used it quite a bit when I was out of town and there was no WiFi where I was staying. D: That was brutal, but I only ended up using about 1.5GB because I was downloading a big file a few times xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
17 days, IWT!?!? Surprised you haven't keeled over and dried out like an old piece of fruit. Ah well, time for a swift revival...

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Agreeing right there :>, I really want to replay my Heartgold but I've got so many Pokemon stowed away I can't give up on and I can't transfer them over since I'm too lazy to finish Black 2. D:

Years
I really want to replay my SoulSilver and Platinum, but I have too much focus on 5th Generation right now.

The fact I have massive Pokemon collection in Black, and training for the Elite Four level grinding against Audinos in Black 2.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I actually haven't finished a single Gen IV game. I just got Platinum and I'm still playing the last person's save file. I want to catch a few more Pokemon, transfer all of her Pokemon over to my other games, and then I'll reset. I did the same thing with the used copy of Diamond I bought last year. Actually been playing Platinum alot lately.
I don't want to reset HeartGold cause I have too many good Pokemon on there and I'm too lazy to transfer them over. Never like reseting Pokemon games really and plus I've been too distracted by gen V games to finish them.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ahh good job :3! As for me, haha on my playthrough of Platinum, on my first go I barely had any idea what I was doing XD;. But yeah they're fun games aren't they <3? Speaking of which I still need to get started on my new playthrough of Platinum :(

Years
Ahh good job :3! As for me, haha on my playthrough of Platinum, on my first go I barely had any idea what I was doing XD;. But yeah they're fun games aren't they <3? Speaking of which I still need to get started on my new playthrough of Platinum :(

I'm on a new playthrough of Platinum, but I had to catch a Pikachu cos I was having trouble with Crasher Wake. I'm still too hooked on Black 2 right now lol (yeah, 5th Gen fangirlism again).

Years
I sold my Platnium off along time ago. Wasn't my wisest choice because I really want some of the 4th gen items (I'm looking at you, Electrolizer). I really need to put batteries in my Pokewalker as well. I unlocked the stupid amount of routes from beating the first half of the game, I haven't even touched them yet.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I didn't get a Pokewalker, after all, I only bought the HG cartridge from a 2nd hand shop.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hmm I actually never used the Pokewalker, I kind of just abandoned it... it didn't interest me too much although I might pick it up now and again. :>

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
4th gen? It's been a really long time since I played anything to be honest. I think I might be moving away. I can remember those games and they were pretty awesome! Maybe I should dig out Platinum sometime. As for HG/SS, I'm waiting on a certain hack to get a new release which sure is taking it's sweet time. At least I'll have the other games to play until it appears eventually.

FluffyChickon

A Chick-on of Fluffy
Years
im still on the Game Boy. i havent bothered to buy a DS and now the 3DS is out i may buy that i like the look and stats of some of the 4/5th gen. i read some where that you can trade between the DS and GameBoy. but i dont think ill bother with that. but!! if i trade say my hunter over to the DS will it evolve? in level 100 and it would be bring sweet to have ganger?? and what would be the besst buy pearl/diamond HG/SS B/W B2/W2 i was thinking soul silver becuase i could easy my way into the new pocket monsters or should i go all out with white 2??? any suggestions??

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
im still on the Game Boy. i havent bothered to buy a DS and now the 3DS is out i may buy that i like the look and stats of some of the 4/5th gen. i read some where that you can trade between the DS and GameBoy. but i dont think ill bother with that. but!! if i trade say my hunter over to the DS will it evolve? in level 100 and it would be bring sweet to have ganger?? and what would be the besst buy pearl/diamond HG/SS B/W B2/W2 i was thinking soul silver becuase i could easy my way into the new pocket monsters or should i go all out with white 2??? any suggestions??

You can't trade between DS and GBA or Gameboy because they're not compatible. Though by trade, you're probably talking about Pal Park which is a feature in the Gen IV games that allows you to transfer Pokemon from Gen III games. It uses the GBA slot on the original DS and DS Lite. So if anything I suggest you get one of those two if you want to do Pal Park. Personally, I have a DS original but I recommend the DS Lite. Better battery life, lighter, and brighter screens.

As for games, I would play at least one or two from each generation.
Gev IV: Platinum and HeartGold/Soulsilver : Personally I think Platinum is way better than Diamond and Pearl. The game runs faster and battles aren't as slow. Plus the extended Pokedex is a good plus cause you get a way better team and all the new evolutions introduced in Gen IV. Though the story is slightly different and if you want to experience the original story, then also get Diamond and Pearl. The version you pick is more of personal preference. I personally went with Diamond because I like the box legendary more.

I also say get HeartGold or Soulsilver too cause it's a remix of Gen II and I think they're way better than the originals. There are also some Gen III and IV Pokemon available after you beat the E4 and it will give you a feel of all the Generations more.

Now for Gen V, I would play the original games first then Black 2/White 2. This gives you more of a backstory of the original games when you play the sequels. But they are pretty much the same games, but Black 2 and White 2 have more features and more Pokemon available from the start before beating the E4. Though again the versions you pick depends on your personal preference. I would pick the versions that you like the version exclusives and box legendary more.

Back