• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

Years
This is the feature I am most looking forward to. When I first heard that there would be player customization, I was really excited, but then my excitement waned when I realized that it would probably be very limited with what you could actually do. I'm so glad that's not the case. I'm also really glad that I'll be able to change the colors of the clothing (color is important to me). I can't wait to see how others outfit their characters, assuming there will be a moderate-to-large variety of clothing. :)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
...I like the idea of customization. I hope that we're able to unlock more clothes in the PGL! (Maybe, like, clothes that look like our Pokemon-Trainer-Club Avatars?)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
...I like the idea of customization. I hope that we're able to unlock more clothes in the PGL! (Maybe, like, clothes that look like our Pokemon-Trainer-Club Avatars?)

That's an amazing idea!

Like clothing that reflects events that happen as if it were merchandise

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I think being able to buy and sell your wardrobe would be a good idea, koff~

I think I'll need to pick up both copies to see how each gender fairs in the outfit department, koffi~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Anyone else wondering about gender exclusives? I'm wondering if there will be male only and female only clothing. It's typically okay for women to wear men's clothing but not the other way around... If there are gender exclusives I hope that the male trainer can get facial hair styles while the women get skirt/dresses.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Do we get shorts? I want shorts :3

THEY'RE COMFY AND EASY TO WEAR, koff~

In all seriousness, I'm sure we'll be able to, koffi~

Anyone else wondering about gender exclusives? I'm wondering if there will be male only and female only clothing. It's typically okay for women to wear men's clothing but not the other way around... If there are gender exclusives I hope that the male trainer can get facial hair styles while the women get skirt/dresses.

I'm sure that may be the case, koffi~

The boys may not get to wear the skirts or get facial hair, but I'm sure they'll have enough clothing of their own to make up for it

Years
I am assuming things like hairstyles will be unisex, as well as some clothing, especially accessories like sunglasses. However, some clothes will probably be exclusive to one sex and not the other such as skirts and blouses.

Also, I hope we get facial hair! The characters look too young. I am also wondering if face shape or any stationary physical characteristics beyond eye color, gender, and skin color.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I wonder if tatoos will be an option.Or earrings for boys.

Since Pokémon games are targeted mostly toward children, I don't they'd ever promote these kind of things to them. xD Plus, I'm not exactly sure if all parents would approve of it. It would be perfectly fine if they allowed girls to wear earrings though, since they are usually the ones who wear them. Boys could be given access to other accessories, such as watches and necklaces.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Yeah, I've got a strong feeling there are going to be gender specific items.
And as we all know pokemon is all about balance - so you'll see a pretty much even number of male and female clothing items and accessories.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Although they may have some on display, I highly doubt they'll have any skirts and dresses available for the male players to choose from. Just as some male clothing may be unavailable for the ladies.

I hope they have ties available. I'd really like to wear a tie like Cheren's.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Although they may have some on display, I highly doubt they'll have any skirts and dresses available for the male players to choose from. Just as some male clothing may be unavailable for the ladies.

I hope they have ties available. I'd really like to wear a tie like Cheren's.

Considering that Pokémon is mainly aim for kids, cross-dressing is a bit uh... Crossing the line.
Though I hope that there's an ultra rare item (think Shiny Charm, Oval Charm) that will let you wear opposite gender garments, similar to Dragon Quest IX. Girls will be gladly to wear Lt. Surge's army outfit, boys will be rocking with Roxy's outfit. Isn't that brilliant?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Though not gonna lie, I do agree that it would be cool if earrings were available for males to choose from, as unlikely as it would be xD;

Ikr? But those soccer parents can get a little too protective of their kids. So sadly the chance for that is... Like zero.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Considering that Pokémon is mainly aim for kids, cross-dressing is a bit uh... Crossing the line.
Though I hope that there's an ultra rare item (think Shiny Charm, Oval Charm) that will let you wear opposite gender garments, similar to Dragon Quest IX. Girls will be gladly to wear Lt. Surge's army outfit, boys will be rocking with Roxy's outfit. Isn't that brilliant?

Well, Animal Crossing New Leaf lets boys wear skirts/dresses, and although I know it's an universal appeal type of game, it's still very much aimed at kids, like Pokemon.

Still I don't see it happening.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Well, Animal Crossing New Leaf lets boys wear skirts/dresses, and although I know it's an universal appeal type of game, it's still very much aimed at kids, like Pokemon.

Still I don't see it happening.

Even the latest Harvest Moon installment on 3DS, allows boys dresses as girls and girls dresses as boys.

You are right there! For some reason, I don't see this happening in Pokémon... :(

Years
Even the latest Harvest Moon installment on 3DS, allows boys dresses as girls and girls dresses as boys.

You are right there! For some reason, I don't see this happening in Pokémon... :(

Pokemon suffer in the past from too much blaming(rasicts, nazis, supporting darwin etc.)
Those days they just trying their best not to bring to much attention and another reason to blame them.
So I don't this happaning.

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I like how you can finally be kinda black in this game. There was character art I saw for this game, though, who might've been a gym leader or something, and he definitely looked more like someone from African decent.

Then again, it is a game made in Japan based around a romanticized version of France. :P I ain't complainin' nohow.

As for changing the style, I don't know why, but I perked up when I saw it, though perhaps out of my own wishful thinking. And said wishful thoughts? "Is there a boutique for Pokémon too? ◕ω◕" You don't know how positively giddy I'd be if I could apply something as simple as sunglasses to a Vulpix. Or Squirtle, for that matter. Heck yeah. It's France, come on! I wanna make my Pokémon fashionable too.

As for the trainer, well if you can buy Italian suits, I'm all in. Pokémon Master? Nah, I wanna be better dressed than Giovanni, that's the lifelong dream.

Ahaha, and then put a neck tie on Meowth. Clearly I'm having too much fun in my own little world

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
hmm a funny thought just came to me. What if for female protagonist their are female version of the past male character clothing lol(female version of lucas anyone?) and the male protag can get male version clothes of the past female characters lol

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I'm known for my fondness of leather jackets, so as long as I can get an even vegly leathery looking brown or black jacket, and a nice pair of blue jeans I'm happy LOL.

Back