• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Well i had a spark of insperation this morning, and cam up with this as a 3rd stage evolution of primeape. So this is Kokong as in k.o. and king kong lol

let me know what u guys think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
well i have churned out something else this afternoon too. im not sure what to call them so if any1 has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated! ive typed them as Electric and Dark with a male and female variation.

please let me know what you all think

Many Thanks!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
6qcpxt.png
I like it!
The color combination works well.
Now that I see it, though, I realize that I should resprite it. That was my first completed scratch fakemon sprite. x:

The Dark/Electric is pretty cool. Reminds me of the Zebstrika line.

My plan for the Absol pre-evolution is a split evolution line.
It can evolve into either Absol or an unnamed Psychic type. Once I finish the designs, I'll create the sprites to explain the evolution line better.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I could try spriting them when I'm done with... whichever sprite I'm suppose to be doing now.

Just make sure they're nice and original and outlined well so I can clearly see the lines. :)

Edit : First post has been updated! Everyone make sure your most recent designs are up. Hellhexfire, you've been added to the list of contributors. :D Also, are you using copic markers to color your drawings? :o They're incredible.

Oh, and I'm going to have to resize your electric Pokemon. If you look at the first post, they're crazy big. I can do it if you'd like, or you can, but they must be smaller so they don't stretch the page.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
well i have churned out something else this afternoon too. im not sure what to call them so if any1 has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated! ive typed them as Electric and Dark with a male and female variation.

please let me know what you all think

Many Thanks!

This is great. Looks like a legitimate Generation 7.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Oh crap I didnt realise it was that big lol and yes u can go a head an resize them thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha, it's cool. I'll resize them later tonight. :] Also, you never answered my question. :p Are you using copic markers to color? Cause they have that "alcohol-based" marker look to me. I'm just curious.

Hey Delta! I'm glad you've found time to come by and compliment our artists. :D Hex hasn't been contributing to this project for long, but so far we're all very impressed by the amount and quality of his work. I'm happy that you've noticed as well. n_n;

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Lol sorry, no they are not copics, I never liked the finish u would get with them. My ones are letraset promarkers I have about 140 different pens so far think lol what did u think of the primeape evo?

Thanks for the coments delta! It means alot lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Lol sorry, no they are not copics, I never liked the finish u would get with them. My ones are letraset promarkers I have about 140 different pens so far think lol what did u think of the primeape evo?

Thanks for the coments delta! It means alot lol

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, I only use copics for black and grey personally, because they streak pretty heavily and they're unruly overall (and expensive! :x). Like I said, I was just wondering cause they had that look to 'em. Letraset's are pretty good though! I've never used them, personally, but I did a lot of research into the brand while hunting for new markers. They have some of the best fine lines out there in blacks. Not to mention, the price is waaayyy better. I also heard their inks and blenders are awesome.

Otherwise, I think the Primape evo is a super strong design. It carries all of the standard Primape characteristics, but is still distinctly your own. I also like how you took the liberty of changing the color. Question though... How would Primape evolve into Kokong? Because if you're looking for some feedback on that, I have a few cool ideas. :]

@ Fort : Wow. Those are... very... bright. :o I like them, don't get me wrong, I was just surprised when I opened that spoiler. It's good though! The more the shinys stand out, the more desirable they are, in my opinion. Just one note.. Ghost Eevee.. In my original sprite, areas of yellow on the mane/ears/tail were a reflection of the yellow coming from the light. If the light is green on the shiny version, the highlighting would be green too. Does that make any sense?

I'll go in and show you what I mean when I get time. @_@;

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Those Pokemon are awesome Hex :D , I specially like the Gorilla. Also fort the only thing I have a problem with its the poison Eevelution's blue , I think the color should blend with the main body in some way, maybe give the body a slight tone of blue.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Wow Hex, I freaking love that kind of art!

It's kinda like something you see out of old scans of magazines :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I already came up with two shiny variations for the flying-type Eeveelution (Cirreon? My memory is terrible). Should I go dig them up for comparison to Fort's? I also made one for the Ground-type that got good feedback, but was it confirmed as the shiny version?

I finished a drawing (not great quality, but still gives an idea) for the alternate Absol evolution. I'll try to post it sometime tonight. I also will pick up on recoloring sprites again, in the meantime. The only one on the front page that Fort or I haven't already done is the legendary. I have an idea for it, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, Slender, I may have forgotten to put them up. :c If that's the case, than we'll use yours (since you got to them first) and use Fort's designs for the others. I think that's fair.

Hex, I was thinking, maybe Primape can evolve into Kokong at level 45 when holding the Black Belt hold item. Thoughts? :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
3131zr6.jpg

Here's the Ground-type. Should I make the background transparent?

And I made two shiny versions for Cirreon, because I didn't know which you guys would like.
cultx.jpg

Once again, I can make the background transparent.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Sounds perfectly belivable 2 me lol. Im off work 2moro so ill get some designs down 4 the pesudo-legendary

Back