• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
theyre deffinately gonna make one. they came out with a remake of FRLG when the RSE came out. (gen 1) then they came out with a remake of HGSS right before BW (gen 2) so you see the pattern? (they make a remake after every new game.) so theyre deffinately going to make one after B2W2.

XD As stated by others, 2 does not make a pattern. Also Gens 1 and 2 needed remaking because both games were not able to connect to the other games, which Gen 3 still can right now.

We don't know if they plan on continue remaking games after Masuda's last interview where he admitted that they didn't plan any patterns, the games just came out that way. We believe or hope that they will. That's pretty much all we have to hold onto.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
theyre deffinately gonna make one. they came out with a remake of FRLG when the RSE came out. (gen 1) then they came out with a remake of HGSS right before BW (gen 2) so you see the pattern? (they make a remake after every new game.) so theyre deffinately going to make one after B2W2.

XD As stated by others, 2 does not make a pattern. Also Gens 1 and 2 needed remaking because both games were not able to connect to the other games, which Gen 3 still can right now.

We don't know if they plan on continue remaking games after Masuda's last interview where he admitted that they didn't plan any patterns, the games just came out that way. We believe or hope that they will. That's pretty much all we have to hold onto.

No the pattern was that they made a remake after every new game. I think they are making remakes to bring back classics for more fun. Everyone likes the older games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
If remakes ever do come out, I do hope they have a "GBA Sounds" like the "GC sounds" for HGSS.

The RSE soundtrack is my fav next to RBGY.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
No the pattern was that they made a remake after every new game. I think they are making remakes to bring back classics for more fun. Everyone likes the older games.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Now that I think about it , gen 1 and 2 needed a remake to easily get pokemon. Now one could argue it is difficult to get all the hoen pokemon to complete the Pokedex and I can Attest to that as I've completed the national Pokedex in my white version , of course I had a 3ds a DS light pokemon sapphire , emerald,leaf green , heartgold , soul silver , pearl , platinum , white , Japanese white ,pokemon black and over 400 hours of free time lol.

So there is a need for a new hoen based game, but does it Necessarily have to be a remake? That's really the question , is it really a pattern if its Necessary?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

I think Xander is trying to say Masuda implied that there is no pattern with the game releases and remakes, it was merely coincidence and there were certain necessities.

/disappears from this thread forever

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not entirely sure about that. Now that I think about it , gen 1 and 2 needed a remake to easily get pokemon. Now one could argue it is difficult to get all the hoen pokemon to complete the Pokedex and I can Attest to that as I've completed the national Pokedex in my white version , of course I had a 3ds a DS light pokemon sapphire , emerald,leaf green , heartgold , soul silver , pearl , platinum , white , Japanese white ,pokemon black and over 400 hours of free time lol.

So there is a need for a new hoen based game, but does it Necessarily have to be a remake? That's really the question , is it really a pattern if its Necessary?

Between whats in the new games and what I already owned, I've already completed the Hoenndex. I'm maybe missing one starter, but other than that I've easily completed that dex thanks to all the events in HG/SS and D/P/Pt.

Oh I am missing Deoxys but that's hardly worth a remake for especially since Deoxys was released with FR/LG.

About 50ish percent of the Hoenn Pokemon are available in B/W and even more in B2W2 barring Legends which are events in HG/SS

B2W2 is only missing the Starters (Which you can get in HG/SS) Poochyena (White Forest), Zigzagoon, Wurmple (white Forest), Nincada, Whismur (White Forest), Torkoal, Duskull, Chimecho (Abundant Shrine), Snorunt, and the Weather Trio (HG/SS)

So more than 50% is catchable between Gen 4 and Gen 5. Not to mention most except a few choice ones, the Starters, and Weather Trio are also available in the Dream World.

Only reason to remake Hoenn at this point is to update the story and graphics (latter would also be reason for another R/B remake)((Funnily enough I told this to a manager at Gamestop and ended up getting a rant on how and why they should remake Yellow XD))

But as for my reason for posting, Pokemon isn't a reason for a remake as almost all are available. Though they don't really need to remake any game at all. They just do it for the money.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Between whats in the new games and what I already owned, I've already completed the Hoenndex. I'm maybe missing one starter, but other than that I've easily completed that dex thanks to all the events in HG/SS and D/P/Pt.

Oh I am missing Deoxys but that's hardly worth a remake for especially since Deoxys was released with FR/LG.

About 50ish percent of the Hoenn Pokemon are available in B/W and even more in B2W2 barring Legends which are events in HG/SS

B2W2 is only missing the Starters (Which you can get in HG/SS) Poochyena (White Forest), Zigzagoon, Wurmple (white Forest), Nincada, Whismur (White Forest), Torkoal, Duskull, Chimecho (Abundant Shrine), Snorunt, and the Weather Trio (HG/SS)

So more than 50% is catchable between Gen 4 and Gen 5. Not to mention most except a few choice ones, the Starters, and Weather Trio are also available in the Dream World.

Only reason to remake Hoenn at this point is to update the story and graphics (latter would also be reason for another R/B remake)((Funnily enough I told this to a manager at Gamestop and ended up getting a rant on how and why they should remake Yellow XD))

But as for my reason for posting, Pokemon isn't a reason for a remake as almost all are available. Though they don't really need to remake any game at all. They just do it for the money.
Are you just talking gen 3 remakes? I thought we needed gen 1 an 2 remakes to get pokemon that wasn't able to be caught in gen 3 and 4. And i don't think they do it just for a cash grab. The remakes they made were of good quality. To this date heartgold is my favorite pokemon game. The only thing is I wish it had some of gen 5 mechanics ( such as reusable TM's) and faster battles

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
Not sure if it's been brought up or if I'm even in the right Remake conversation but they need to remake the classics yellow, red and blue for 3ds. I'd buy them all.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Red and blue(leaf green) were already remade. Right now only RSE need to be remade. We have had Kanto too much. Thank god there's no sign of it in 5th gen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
@MrGriszell

Yes I was speaking about Gen 3 remakes. Gen 1 and 2 we needed. Gen 3 we don't. If everyone is saying the only reason we need Gen 3 remakes is because of older Pokemon, then we don't need Gen 3 remakes at all as you can get all(cept Deoxys) of the Hoenn Pokemon between Diamond/Pearl and Black2/White2. (Time not just those four games lol)

Gens 2 and 4 Kanto still don't count. No real story. Only point of them being there was to not extend Johto anymore than a little bit and to give a reason to battle Red. 4/5ths of anything considered a story is Johto based. Barely anything existed in what was left of Kanto which really isn't much at all. They could have easily done without Kanto.

Only reason Gen 3 needs any sort of update is cause of story. That's the only thing that gets altered that isn't graphic related. Anything graphic related can be carried over to support Gen 1 remakes/updates again.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i do agree that gen 1 and 2 were needed. but they could make gen 3 where they can have things happen at only a certain point making it easy for everyone to get all of the pokemon in gen 3. people never experienced having every legendary. like latios AND latias. and it was hard to trade using a link cable. (that was a horrible idea XD) and deoxys and jirachi. like you could only get deoxys or jirachi after the elite four. and latias and latios after the eighth gym. good idea? i understand if its not.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Maybe we don't need it, but there are new Pokemon fans every day. We've played the game, and now it's their turn. Remember, its been almost ten years since those games were originally released. These 6,7,8,9,10 year olds may have never gotten to play those games.

But the bottom line is these series makes money. Its about the money. If they can update a game and put a full price tag on it. They will.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Maybe we don't need it, but there are new Pokemon fans every day. We've played the game, and now it's their turn. Remember, its been almost ten years since those games were originally released. These 6,7,8,9,10 year olds may have never gotten to play those games.

But the bottom line is these series makes money. Its about the money. If they can update a game and put a full price tag on it. They will.

While money is important for a bussiness , game freak is not the type to put a game out there just for the money. If they put something out its because they believe its a good fun quality game, and its because of that they make tons of money. I think it's because satoshi tajiri has a form of Autism. What I mean by that is , the world we live in is full of bad influences and mostly all the that rubs off on children who grow up to care only about money cough cough ( Mitt Romney) but I think because of his situation he focused on something that he loved and he wanted to bring that to every one.Pokémon Red and Green took six years to produce, and nearly bankrupted Game Freak in the process; often, there was barely enough money to pay the employees.Five employees quit, and Tajiri did not take a salary, instead living off of his father's income.Investment from Creatures Inc. allowed Game Freak to complete the games, and in return, Creatures received one-third of the franchise rights.

I'm telling you I have great respect for this guy and what he has created.

So if some type of remake comes out ,we can Guarantee its gonna be a Superior quality game

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Power Struggle

Why do you refuse to buy a 3DS? I keep seeing this, mostly from people who think the 3DS is another "Super DS". The 3DS is a totally new system. It is not an upgraded DS like the DSLite and DSi. It is pretty much like a handheld Wii.

Actually, the power level's nestled between those of the Gamecube and the Wii

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
What kinda special features would you guys want ? Which characters from other generations would you like to see?
Personally I'd like an enhanced menu that we saw in HG/SS along with the follow me feature. Also I'd think it be cool if we saw some of the Seven Sages we didn't see in BW2. I think it was said they were strong trainers collected from many different regions , maybe one of them was from Hoen. I would also like some post game side story that gives more story to Archie and Max. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after you become champion you can watch over your fathers gym( let's say every Friday) and take on challengers kinda like the battle facility? Also I would want them to comment on the timeline such as The events in R/B taking place years ago.

Think about it can kinda be a R/B remake to. You know how in HG/SS you have rematches with the gym leaders after you get there numbers? Well instead of a PWT like in BW2 we meet Kanto leaders around hoen post game. The thing is they would be part of the post game plot. So once you finish there story they could give you there number for a rematch. But get this they would have updated appearances ( look older or at least different clothing) and during there side quest , we can be shown flashbacks( memory link style) to show us what's happening in Kanto (X) amount of years after gen 2

Something like this would be awesome

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What kinda special features would you guys want ? Which characters from other generations would you like to see?
Personally I'd like an enhanced menu that we saw in HG/SS along with the follow me feature. Also I'd think it be cool if we saw some of the Seven Sages we didn't see in BW2. I think it was said they were strong trainers collected from many different regions , maybe one of them was from Hoen. I would also like some post game side story that gives more story to Archie and Max. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after you become champion you can watch over your fathers gym( let's say every Friday) and take on challengers kinda like the battle facility? Also I would want them to comment on the timeline such as The events in R/B taking place years ago.

Think about it can kinda be a R/B remake to. You know how in HG/SS you have rematches with the gym leaders after you get there numbers? Well instead of a PWT like in BW2 we meet Kanto leaders around hoen post game. The thing is they would be part of the post game plot. So once you finish there story they could give you there number for a rematch. But get this they would have updated appearances ( look older or at least different clothing) and during there side quest , we can be shown flashbacks( memory link style) to show us what's happening in Kanto (X) amount of years after gen 2

Something like this would be awesome

Bottom part would be cool cept general knowledge right now has R/S/E happening at the same time as R/B/Y. Also if we met the Sages we wouldn't know them as they could be a bit younger or have different sprites.

I think they'd just keep the Battle Frontier as the main Post game attraction for R/S/E. Only enhancements I want are with the Decorating your own Secret base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back