Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Trade Shops Need a very specific Pokémon bred or trained for your team? In this forum you can browse the vast collections of our most established traders!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 8th, 2016 (4:05 PM).
NOT Evil or Suspicious at all Alien Space Ferret
FC: 3883-7618-4217
IGN: Road

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukeamon View Post
i believe that if u redeem volcanion on a Japanese 3ds but the save file language is English then volcanion will have an English name and eng tag. name and tag depend on in game language. whenever i evolve Japanese pokemon the evolutions get their English names
Hi, I'd like to drop by and confirm this is the case! I live in Japan and bought tickets for the codes, and my first code I redeemed on my Japanese-region Y that was set to English. The name and region came out as English but all the other info matches.

Here is my Volcanion and all my redemption proof as an example:
Nevel Volcanion: Tickets (Used & Unused Code) with Proof of Purchase Receipt | Wonder Card Data
Basic Summary | Summary 1 | Summary 2 | Summary 3

So for all Volcanion with different language tags (or any events for that matter), it IS possible to redeem them that way, assuming the person has a Japanese region cart and chose a different language. Of course it's hard to know unless the person has proof of redemption at the time (Which I guess ~RNC~'s trader did?).

Trade Thread | Japan (GMT+9) | Dex Tracker

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 22nd, 2016 (7:14 PM).
FC:
IGN:

Nature: Lax
I received a shiny rhyperior in a wonder trade and I was wondering if it was hacked.

Here is some information about it:

OT: J.Paulo
ID No. 13191
Exp points 1,250,000
HP 362/362
Attack 308
Defense 243
Sp Attack 143
Sp def 149 speed 86
Ability Solid Rock Moves: Earthquake, Horn Drill, Megahorn, Rock Wrecker Nature Gentle
Seems to have travelled across both sapce and time in order to reach the kalos region from the unova region. Characteristic: Often lost in thought
Old September 22nd, 2016 (7:44 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daska View Post
I received a shiny rhyperior in a wonder trade and I was wondering if it was hacked.

Here is some information about it:

OT: J.Paulo
ID No. 13191
Exp points 1,250,000
HP 362/362
Attack 308
Defense 243
Sp Attack 143
Sp def 149 speed 86
Ability Solid Rock Moves: Earthquake, Horn Drill, Megahorn, Rock Wrecker Nature Gentle
Seems to have travelled across both sapce and time in order to reach the kalos region from the unova region. Characteristic: Often lost in thought
You didn't provide a level so I wasn't able to calculate IVs, but seeing as its nature is horrid I doubt it has anything competitive. 5th Gen had RNG capabilities so this could have been obtained that way, or just encountered/hatched.

There's more you can check but it looks fine to me. Of course, always be wary of anything you get from WT/GTS.

Old September 22nd, 2016 (9:10 PM).
FC:
IGN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMart View Post
You didn't provide a level so I wasn't able to calculate IVs, but seeing as its nature is horrid I doubt it has anything competitive. 5th Gen had RNG capabilities so this could have been obtained that way, or just encountered/hatched.

There's more you can check but it looks fine to me. Of course, always be wary of anything you get from WT/GTS.
Thank you so much for your help. I forgot to say it is at level 100, and doesn't have any perfect ivs. I also just checked the memory girl and she said this:

"The pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember And....Rhyperior was stared at by the Judge intensely when it met him with Daska The pokemon remembers that it felt sorry."

Does that fact that the girl said it doesn't seem to be able to remember mean that this pokemon is a hack?
Old September 22nd, 2016 (9:32 PM).
RKS
FC: 5215-0457-5124
IGN: Ashley (OR)/Blu (AS)

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Thank you so much for your help. I forgot to say it is at level 100, and doesn't have any perfect ivs. I also just checked the memory girl and she said this:

"The pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember And....Rhyperior was stared at by the Judge intensely when it met him with Daska The pokemon remembers that it felt sorry."

Does that fact that the girl said it doesn't seem to be able to remember mean that this pokemon is a hack?
Since it's from Unova, it would naturally have no memories. If it had a pentagon, then it's most likely hacked. Hope it helps!
Old September 22nd, 2016 (10:54 PM).
FC:
IGN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
Since it's from Unova, it would naturally have no memories. If it had a pentagon, then it's most likely hacked. Hope it helps!
Thanks for the information, it doesn't have a pentagon.
Old September 23rd, 2016 (12:23 AM).

Quote:
Thanks for the information, it doesn't have a pentagon.
Then he's definitely in the clear! Congrats on the cool new Shiny. ;3

Old September 23rd, 2016 (12:57 PM).
FC:
IGN:

Quote:
Then he's definitely in the clear! Congrats on the cool new Shiny. ;3
Thank you, and thanks so much for helping me.
Old November 1st, 2016 (12:06 AM).
Could we really hide if The Reaper calls?!?!?!
FC: 1907-8376-2678
IGN:

Nature: Modest
I visited the Pokecheck site, and saw that it only works with Gen IV and V. But the Pokémon that I wanna check, all shinies, are currently in my X. Some, if not most, are from past games. Does that mean that the Bank is the only way to check their legitimacy, or is there another way?
Old November 1st, 2016 (3:03 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tanaka View Post
I visited the Pokecheck site, and saw that it only works with Gen IV and V. But the Pokémon that I wanna check, all shinies, are currently in my X. Some, if not most, are from past games. Does that mean that the Bank is the only way to check their legitimacy, or is there another way?
Yes, Pokecheck is only for previous-gen games. In general, there is no outside source for checking the legitimacy of Pokemon. (I thiiiiink there's a way to analyze .pkm files by taking them off your game via Powersaves but I don't know anything about it.) Poke Transporter will catch some hacks and not allow them to be uploaded, but once the Pokemon are in VI they can be deposited into Bank just fine so it won't tell you even if it is a hack.

Tbh the best way to check is to thoroughly cross-reference their summary information. There's a general list of things to watch out for on the front page of this thread, especially for previous-gen Pokemon. For anything from 6th, I recommend:
- Taking it to the Memory Girl. All 6th Gen Pokemon have memories with its previous trainer and you; if it doesn't, it's a clear hack.
- Checking IVs. Near-flawless or flawless IVs are EXTREMELY hard to get (read as: impossible) on wild caught Pokemon but very likely on bred Pokemon.
- Make sure the ball its in is possible for the species (ie. it should only have HGSS balls if it's a 1st-4th Gen bred Pokemon that's catchable in the respective games).

I'm assuming you don't already know this stuff tho so if you do I don't mean any disrespect, just most people don't know how to do general hack checking these days. @w@ If for any reason yer unsure though, post the Pokemon's info here and someone can help you out! (Probably me as hack checking is my passion.)

Old November 1st, 2016 (3:23 AM).
IGN:

Quote:
I'm assuming you don't already know that tho so if you do I don't mean any disrespect, just most people don't know how to do general hack checking these days. ; If for any reason yer unsure though, post here and someone can help you out! (Probably me as hack checking is my passion.)
No disrespect taken. As someone who prefers the sentimental aspect of the series I wuv my little Kirlia like a daughter ~<3, I've little interest in being too technical. But if you're offering some checks, allow me to provide any and all info (forgive me, as I dunno most EVs):

Spoiler:
Pokémon: Rapidash, 54, female
OT: Plato
ID: 06859
EXP: 157,798
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Adamant
Origin: Sinnoh
Characteristic: Alert to sounds

HP: 160
ATTK: 143
DEF: 97
SPATK: 89
SPDEF: 105
SPEED: 145

Moves: Flame wheel, wild Charge, Iron Tail, Bounce

Pokémon: Ninetales, 72, female
OT: Plato
ID: 06859
EXP: 374,177
Ability: Flash Fire
Characteristic: Proud of power

HP: 201
ATTK: 122
DEF: 130
SPATK: 200
SPDEF: 160
SPEED: 194

Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Extrasensory

Pokémon: Abomasnow, 75, male
OT: Joey
ID: 15781
EXP: 545,569
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Hates to lose

HP: 255
ATTK: 180
DEF: 148
SPATK: 128
SPDEF: 172
SPEED: 116

Moves: Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Seed Bomb, Protect

I hope this info's sufficient.
Old November 1st, 2016 (3:50 AM).

Excellent! I'm happy to check them for ya! This information is fine, though I'd like to know what Poke Ball they are in as well just to make sure.

RAPIDASH: Tried to calculate IVs but the calc made me throw EVs in everything so I can't tell. (Based on characteristic it could have a 31 in Speed but I'm not sure it does; compared to the base stats for a Lv. 50 Rapidash all its stats seem mid-range at best.) Ponyta was catchable in DPPt so its origin is fine. Overall looks fine!
NINETAILS: Didn't bother to check IVs as the chracteristic doesn't indicate a 31 so it likely has meh IVs. Vulpix was catchable in DPPt with LeafGreen in the GBA slot so its origin is fine. Overall looks fine!

These have the same OT so I'm thinking the guy chained them in his DPPt game.

ABOMASNOW: Didn't bother to check IVs as the chracteristic doesn't indicate a 31 so it likely has meh IVs. Snover is DPPt native so origin is fine. Overall looks fine!

These all seem to be wild caught (which is fine as we had the PokeRadar back then) so I think they're all safe!

Old November 1st, 2016 (4:58 AM).
IGN:

Quote:
Excellent! I'm happy to check them for ya! This information is fine, though I'd like to know what Poke Ball they are in as well just to make sure.

RAPIDASH: Tried to calculate IVs but the calc made me throw EVs in everything so I can't tell. (Based on characteristic it could have a 31 in Speed but I'm not sure it does; compared to the base stats for a Lv. 50 Rapidash all its stats seem mid-range at best.) Ponyta was catchable in DPPt so its origin is fine. Overall looks fine!
NINETAILS: Didn't bother to check IVs as the chracteristic doesn't indicate a 31 so it likely has meh IVs. Vulpix was catchable in DPPt with LeafGreen in the GBA slot so its origin is fine. Overall looks fine!

These have the same OT so I'm thinking the guy chained them in his DPPt game.

ABOMASNOW: Didn't bother to check IVs as the chracteristic doesn't indicate a 31 so it likely has meh IVs. Snover is DPPt native so origin is fine. Overall looks fine!

These all seem to be wild caught (which is fine as we had the PokeRadar back then) so I think they're all safe!
Oh thank goodness, they look legit! I think Vulpix wasn't chained, on the count of me getting it at Level 1; probably bred. And the meh IVs look promising; mainly cuz I can just Hyper Train come Sun and Moon! XP

And just for your curiosity: all three are in regular Poke Balls.
Old November 1st, 2016 (5:38 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tanaka View Post
Oh thank goodness, they look legit! I think Vulpix wasn't chained, on the count of me getting it at Level 1; probably bred. And the meh IVs look promising; mainly cuz I can just Hyper Train come Sun and Moon! XP

And just for your curiosity: all three are in regular Poke Balls.
Ahh if Vulpix came at Lv. 1 then yeah, bred. It and Rapidash could also have been RNGed (I think you could do that with wild Pokemon, though I never tried) but there's no issue with that.

Hmm, Shinies caught in Poke balls that weren't bred seem really unlikely, but as everything else checks out it's probably fine.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links