• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Yeah, they won't play out of one ear anymore unless I twist them the right way.

That is like my multiword-input. It needs to stand up so I put a baseball to keep it up. Then if it falls in takes an hour to turn back on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
When my headphones go bad I just toss them... I usually just buy the cheap $5 ones from the discount stores... they usually last anywhere from 4-6 months.

Of course my laptop jack to my laptop is busted so I had to buy one of those USB external speaker amplifier things and plug my headphones into that.

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
When my headphones go bad I just toss them... I usually just buy the cheap $5 ones from the discount stores... they usually last anywhere from 4-6 months.

Of course my laptop jack to my laptop is busted so I had to buy one of those USB external speaker amplifier things and plug my headphones into that.

I just have these iPod earbuds I put in my Mac and they work fine. I just hate how my siblings lose their's and they take mine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My headphones always die and I don't know why. ;____;

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
also i manage to rip out my headphones out of the jack every time I get up from the computer.

I've actually destroyed quite a few sets of headphones doing that. I'd usually end up ripping the wiring right out of the headphone.

I've also destroyed the headphone input by doing the same thing.

I used to trip a lot over my keyboard (Set it on the floor, no where else to put it.) and I actually destroyed a USB port doing that. (I ripped out the plastic backcover on the contacts.)

Edit - You proably rolled them up to tight. The copper wiring isn't a single strand, its a lot of smaller strands. More flexible that way. (Most headphones will still work even if a couple strands are broke, but after that they stop working.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No I don't roll them at all. I put them in a loose pocket and don't do anything with them.

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
No I don't roll them at all. I put them in a loose pocket and don't do anything with them.

Maybe you need a twee folk to soften them up lol.
I think if the tangle they make knots and dislocate the wire. Thats happened to me.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

I guess its possiable for them to stop working for no reason.

I've had a couple sets like that.

One of them shorted out and almost melted the plastic casing. I took them out of my ears a couple minutes before that. I was pissed that day. I lost out on a perfectly good opportunity for a massive lawsuit against a company that has a lot of money.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Buahahahahahaha! Shizui will soon completely take over PC! c<
Legit, even I get confused as to who's posting in the B2W2 forums. It's ridiculous. D8

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But it's happened to so many headphones that it can't just be coincidence :( Maybe it's just cause I usually get not-so-expensive headphones, I've had my Skullcandy for a while and they haven't broken haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've only once had a pair of earbuds break on me. The left speaker stopped working. Every other pair just goes missing after a while. I lost my last pair in April and only replaced them over the weekend and it's so nice to have music again! I just buy $10 pairs of Sony earbuds each time I replace them so I don't mind doing it once a year or so. I'm not an audiophile in the slightest so I won't really notice the difference between a $50 set and my cheapie ones. :P

I know earbuds suck for sound quality... and I don't even have the better "in-ear" ones (I did for the last month and didn't use them much at all because they don't fit my ears xD)... but they're my favourite for ease of use, because I can still hear my surroundings with them, and they're easier to store than over/around-ear phones.

Years
I was tempted to get some Skullcandy headphones, but my friends say that the sound quality is not so great. That's why I got some usual Panasonic ones that still need to be opened.

droomph

weeb
Years
Buahahahahahaha! Shizui will soon completely take over PC! c<
Legit, even I get confused as to who's posting in the B2W2 forums. It's ridiculous. D8

Gurl you don't even know.

Yeah.

@Logiedan Everyone hates audiophiles. Don't be one of them. js

Also, on unrelated news, Call Me Maybe is being blasted by a car right outside my window.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I remember a study where they took self-proclaimed audiophiles and did a blind study where they had them listen to the same music through piano wire and through like $60-a-foot wire and they couldn't tell the difference.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Skullcandy is an awesome brand for earphones. Sucks that they cost SO much though. DX

What's an audiophile? o3o

Years
I have really good headphones, so they've survived being ripped out a lot. I also have put them in the microphone jack from time to time T_T

Personally, I don't like earbuds cuz they hurt my ears and I feel like I can feel myself going deaf while using them

@Jellicent(female symbol) It's getting really confusing haha. There was some thread where there were like 3 shizuis in a row and I was like lol what? Also, akuroma seems to be everywhere too...

Wow, I've been incredibly ninja'd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back