• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Boro, Derby and Ipswich already winning. Gonna be one of those nights.

Edit - Bournemouth too, of course.

We missed a pen. Awful.

Last edited:
Years
Incredible start for us, but really this is just our ticket to being in a good position for Friday's game, it can all crumble by the end of the week again. This result also doesn't mean much if Bournemouth & Watford win.

As for TOTS, I don't think I've watched enough of the Premier League to have an informed opinion. De Gea is the only one I'd be sure of.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Much better in the second half. 6 points away at Bolton and Leeds without our player of the season, not bad.

Late Reading goal pls.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Friday's game was always going to be huge. Will probably end the automatic hopes of the loser.

90+12 penalty winner for Wycombe. Refball.

Years
Well I think for us there are positive to take from the season regardless of what happens from now on. We are definitely in the playoffs now which is great since our best position in these six seasons has been seventh so far. We aren't in a position were we need to sell players anymore so we should have another run at it next year if things don't pan out.

With Derby seemingly back on form, it's going to be one of the strongest playoffs for many seasons.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I don't even want to think about what would happen to our squad if we aren't promoted. You'll probably remember how happy I was to have only lost Fer and Snodgass last summer, I expect it'll be the opposite to that.

That being said there will probably be a fair few on their way out even if we do go up. Could put together a decent team out of players that haven't really gotten close to the team this season, especially under AN.

Years
Well you can send a few our way then ;)

Nah but seriously Ayala turned out pretty well so I'm sure we wouldn't hesitate to get a few bargains off you if we were a division apart next season.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Bunn - Young number 2 ahead of him
Cuellar - Think he only had a short term contract
Turner - Wrong sort of cb for our system
Miquel - Literally who - maybe we'll loan him out
Garrido - One of the unluckiest players at the club, certainly good enough to be play in the PL or La Liga
E.Bennett - Injury hit couple of seasons but good Champs player. Guess we might keep him around
Lafferty - I want him to stay. Think he left because he doesn't have the manager's work ethic on the training ground. If he fixed that and had a proper pre season I think he'd be great in whatever league we're in next season.
van Wolfswinkle - French club he's at have said they probably won't buy him
Becchio - lol

Take your pick.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
I wanted Miquel to get a chance with us, from what I saw of him he seemed a good player. Too bad we sold him.
As for you guys, the top championship sides are looking solid this season, I imagine a lot of the players will be picked up. Meaning if you do come back up you'll probably struggle, if you don't you'll be up against broken squads

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
If he hasn't impressed either of our managers enough to get a start this season then it's no surprise he didn't make it into the Arsenal side.

This Forest vs Watford game isn't particularly nice listening.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Le Coq only had a few starts for Charlton before being recalled and I don't recall Bellerin starting much for Watford last season. It's possible Miquel could've done the same, you're probably right but Coquelin and Bellerin have really given me a new perspective on PL loanees in the championship

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
2 stressful
RM7BfQT.png

Years
Van Wolfswinkel might be the safest bet out of those players which says a lot about how risky some of them are.

I'm putting my pessimism hat back on again. We can't play well against the big teams, as proven in the hilariously bad performances at Bournemouth & Watford, so we won't get the Friday result and neither Bournemouth or Watford will drop points anyway so we're screwed either way. When we get to the playoffs we'll then be soundly beaten by a resurgent Derby, the end.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Not sure about lowest risk but certainly a decent potential for reward. Wouldn't be surprised if both Laffery and Becchio scored more than him next season.

Our showing at the Riverside was actually our only bad one against any of the top sides. Still wouldn't fancy the playoffs though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Can someone PLEASE LOSE this tension is becoming impossible to handle...... played crap the last 2 games yet won both. Hoping for a draw/Boro win on Friday
If we win our next 2 and Boro draw with Norwich we will pretty much be up already come our last game thanks to our GD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKPgvcuN3yQ

No idea how we managed to hang on against Reading they threw everything at us and the ending was madness

Last edited:
Years
I didn't even know Bournemouth were a L2 side six years ago. I'm now even more sure they'll go up just to complete the fairytale.

Honestly I really want Watford to miss out and not just because that would make us PC members happy, I enjoy those sides who are always 'thereabouts' but never 'there' in the Championship.

Back