• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MegaDex [Thread Version 2.0]

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Akitochi said:
Wow! These are amazing! My favorite has to be Jaspen. I love the shading, very well done - keep up the amazing work! :0

Thanks Akitochi!! Glad you like them. I believe you're the first person to claim Jaspen as their favorite. I finished the Jaspen sprite back in late 2005, but lost the file for a while and just recovered it the other week. Thanks for the comment!! XD

Typhlomence said:
Awesome, work. Absolutely, MegaFuz! I reckon Tustalk is better with the petals, gives him more of the grass type look.

I think I like the petal version better too, Typhlomence. It looks like that will be the final version. I appreciate the compliments. XD

[Update!!] Alrighty, I've finished a new sprite tonight. This is a water type I've named Qaspachi. It's a rather lazy Pokemon, often seen lounging in calm river shores or swamps. It's large body generates a great amount of body heat, so it prefers wading in water most of the time to keep cool. Its large mouth cavity is used to catch many small fish to eat at a time. Its body absorbs surrounding water and then sends it back out through the spot on its forehead in the form of powerful water attacks such as Hydro Pump. Drop me a comment with your thoughts on him!! XD

V2-Qaspachi.png

[Update!!] I had a moment to sprite so I did up the pre-evo of Qaspachi that I had sketched out. This line is now complete. The DexPad on Post #1 should be updated very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that. XD

V2-Qaspa.png
V2-Qaspachi.png

[Update!!] Here is the Yeti Pokemon I promised a while back. Its tentative name is Polanche (taken from Polar, Avalance). This creatures ice crystal fists act as clubs, which it uses to pound enemies relentlessly. It will smash until its fists completely shatter off of its body, then re-generates new fists by using the crystals on its chest and back to produce freezing temperatures.

V2-Polanche.png

[Update!!] Another new sprite to release here. This is Fongrel's evolution, Craterel. It's a Rock/Ground type and thrashes enemies viciously with its sharp claws and Rock-tipped tail. Packs quite a punch. =P Check him out below and let me know what you think of all the new stuff, please. XD

V2-Craterel.png

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Qaspachi? Hmm... the name seems to reverbate in my head as Quagsire.... but it looks very well sprited. I presume you didn't include the spot on Qaspa's chest to convey that he is not yet full developed and cannot use attacks such as Hydro Pump? You rounded it well and the shading is accurate. Also, the spot corresponding on the stomach gives it a very professional finish. Oh The back of Polanche is very-Kabuto-reminiscent, but I think it is suiting. Very clever how you related the crystal on its chest to its hands :) Oh and finally I like Craterel, but perhaps you could reduce the length of the eyes? You could also possibly push the position of his legs back a pinch and adjust the tail's shading? Okay, sorry for being picky, but apart from that it's impeccable. Awesome work as always, Megafuz! Tip of the hat to thee~

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Qaspachi? Hmm... the name seems to reverbate in my head as Quagsire.... but it looks very well sprited. I presume you didn't include the spot on Qaspa's chest to convey that he is not yet full developed and cannot use attacks such as Hydro Pump? You rounded it well and the shading is accurate. Also, the spot corresponding on the stomach gives it a very professional finish. Oh The back of Polanche is very-Kabuto-reminiscent, but I think it is suiting. Very clever how you related the crystal on its chest to its hands :) Oh and finally I like Craterel, but perhaps you could reduce the length of the eyes? You could also possibly push the position of his legs back a pinch and adjust the tail's shading? Okay, sorry for being picky, but apart from that it's impeccable. Awesome work as always, Megafuz! Tip of the hat to thee~

I'm not sure what you mean as far as the shading on the tail. I might touch up the rock on its tail when I get a chance. Anywho...I appreciate the comment. XD

[Update!!] New sprite to release here tonight. This is a new bird type, Nestwirl. Its pre-evolution should be finished soon. As always, let me know what you think!!

V2-Nestwirl.png

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Oh awesome! I like the the colour scheme and looks of this one! Reminds me a bit of Pidgeot and Swellow mixed together XD....But yeah.... its actually flawless!! I can;t say anything bad about that one~

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I really appreciate the kind words. =]

[Update!!] Bug Catchers can rejoice once again. This is another new bug type addition to the MegaDex, that I call Bonflyer. It's also a fire type, as you can see. Bonflyer is only ever seen in the wild at night. It uses its tail as both a weapon in which to unleash powerful fire attacks, and a mating signal. As always, let me know what you think. XD

V2-Bonflyer.png

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Wow, wouldn't want mosquitoes like that heh. No, it's an awesome sprite, you might just want to deflate his head a bit :)

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
It's actually supposed to be a type of firefly, not a mosquito. o.O I thought his head was a tad over-sized as well. I'll try scaling it down a bit and go from there. XD

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Ohh.. lol, and there I thought it was a blood-sucker :P Still awesome, if you make its head just a PINCH smaller, it would be PERFECTO.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Welp....I took your advice, Typhlomence. I scaled Bonflyer's head back a tad. Personally, I think it looks better. Check them out and compare them below and let me know what you guys think looks better.

V2-Bonflyer.png
V2-Bonflyer-1.png

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Yeah, much better, everything now looks proportional. I;m glad you didn't change the size of the facial features, too. Great job, Fuz!

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks Jae. As always, your comments are appreciated. XD

I apoligize for the lack of updates lately. I've just been extremely busy with college work. I have a few sprites in the works, so hopefully I can get them ironed out here shortly. Keep your eyes peeled. XD

Demonik Sorciz

Peace, Love, & Happiness 4EVE!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
This is a project that I call the MegaDex. The goal is to create a complete scratch sprited FakeDex. As I release more sprites, I'll rework the display pad to reflect the final lineup of the Dex. Notice, the starters are at the beginning of the Dex, while tentative legendaries will be the last few sprites. o.O

TitleBanner.gif

DexPad
DexPad-1.png

New Releases!!

August 28, 2006
V2-Nestwirl.png

September 18, 2006 [Edited Sept. 24]
V2-Bonflyer-1.png

[Attention!] There are now two Fan Buttons available to insert into your signature!! Since I don't allow the adoption of my sprites, never before has it been possible to have MegaDex sprites in your signature. Now you can show off MegaDex sprites, while showing that you support my MegaDex project. If you'd like to show support by adding a Fan Button to your signature, just copy and paste the appropriate code below!! Just be sure to take the *s out of the code. XD

Code:
[[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]URL="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65878"][[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/MegaFuz/FanButton1.gif[/IMG[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]][/URL[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]]

Code:
[[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]URL="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65878"][[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/MegaFuz/FanButton2.gif[/IMG[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]][/URL[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]]

koo fakemon, my faves are:
Tempsyra
Transpyra
Odinpurr
Odinther

(could use some more fire, dark, and psycic ones :D)

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Great choices as favorites, man. Thanks for commenting. XD

[Update!!] Wow. Been working on this little guy for some time now, and finally got some time to finish up the finishing touches. Here's a new fire type, Snuglow. As always...comments are greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think. =]

V2-Snuglow.png

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Ears look out of place. Alittle bright for the body, and maybe you could trim the outer edges( just the far left and right sides) a tad to make a wee bit smaller. Everything else about it is fine.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
The ears are supposed to look big. A lot of baby Pokemon have exaggerated features. When you said 'trim the outer edges' were you referring to the ears??

Demonik Sorciz

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
Great choices as favorites, man. Thanks for commenting. XD

[Update!!] Wow. Been working on this little guy for some time now, and finally got some time to finish up the finishing touches. Here's a new fire type, Snuglow. As always...comments are greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think. =]

V2-Snuglow.png

koo new "Megamon", you should make a dragon, i havent seen a dragon Megamon yet :D

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
The ears are supposed to look big. A lot of baby Pokemon have exaggerated features. When you said 'trim the outer edges' were you referring to the ears??
Yesh, it looks alittle too wide. But now I know it is a baby haha. But, meh you don't really have to trim the outer edges if you want.

Demonik Sorciz

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
Hey Megafuz, i made a pokemon for you to have/edit/ect. here ya go :D:

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Yesh, it looks alittle too wide. But now I know it is a baby haha. But, meh you don't really have to trim the outer edges if you want.

Ah. Well I'll considering editing it later. We'll see...

Hey Megafuz, i made a pokemon for you to have/edit/ect. here ya go :D:

Cool. I'll check it out and see what I can do with it.

[Update!!] Another new one here to release in the wee hours of the morning. This is the evolution of Snuglow, Warglow. Of course, it's a fire type once again. Check it out and drop me a line. XD

V2-Snuglow.png
V2-Warglow.png

Back