• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

speak louder, i can't hear you

Years
how is your speech? do you talk tend to talk quietly or loudly? slow or fast? do you have any habits as far as speech goes, like adding 'uh' when you talk? do/did you stutter?

Sirfetch’d

while I have improved over the years, my speech is not great. I stutter a lot while talking and I have a lack of focus. this sucks because I am pretty sure this will end up costing me future jobs.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
My speech is a mixture of everything. I talk quietly, loudly, fast, sometimes adding uh, stutter when i'm excited.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Usually, I'm loud enough to be heard. Being around certain people can make my voice become naturally quiet.

I stutter occasionally, idk what causes it, but I can catch myself when it happens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Quiet and sometimes with some stuttering if I'm nervous or don't know what to say. I knew a guy who was bullied a lot for stuttering, very mean of them

Primarily mute like 98% of the time, because I talk and no one really cares

Years
I've always had an issue with talking fast. I have to tell myself to slow down most of the time. When I remember to do so, though, I don't really have any issues.

Bay

Years
I can get carried away with talking fast and overexplaining myself. I'm trying to learn how to be as precise as possible when speaking.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I tend to say uhh because sometimes I start speaking without exactly knowing how to convey what I want to say, so I have to think mids-speech lol. I hate doing this because it makes me feel dumb. So I try to slow down and fully know what I want to say before I start speaking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
as unbelievable as it is, i'm pretty softspoken irl.
i also dont really swear much outside of online.
I sometimes will repeat words sometimes in person (and online) as well and just not realize it, sometimes.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm a verbal waterfall that drowns out all opposition.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
depends on how tired i am. when i'm really tired i find myself mixing words around when speaking but overall my speech and voice has improved quite a bit from when i first started working. now when i have an employee that is being too quiet i can take over no problem where it was something i probably couldn't do when i first started hahah.

and i'm kinda better at speaking with other people too? still not great and i'm still quiet around people i don't really know and suck at starting conversations but still an improvement.

Years
Loud and somewhat fast. Surprisingly, a lot of people can understand me when I speak a little too fast, but I think I talk fast because of how much I can do at once. xD

But I will talk more slowly when I am having more serious conversations as well

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm a New Yorker. I'm really loud. :| People often tell me to lower my voice... I talk kinda fast, and often change the subject quite literally in the middle of a sentence.

Last edited:
Years
I talk too fast at times (to the point of tripping over words), and I'm certain I don't talk loud enough even though I feel like I am. I've had plenty of times where I thought I said something loud enough for others to hear, and nope, they somehow didn't. :| What, do I have to actually yell to be heard?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I feel like I have certain points where I slip up and talk too fast, or quietly, but in general I've gotten pretty good at talking loudly and confidently enough. I was really only nervous at work, and that's gotten easier over the years.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
In Swedish, I think I probably sound a bit weird nowadays, even sluggish at times. When I've been speaking English the whole day at work and with my boyfriend (and with you guys) and then meet up with Swedish friends, I tend to have to pause in the middle of sentences to find words and to halt myself before saying the English words instead; slowly English is turning out to be my main language :V

But generally, I'd say my voice and speech is pretty clear and I can capture an audience if I have to c:

Back