• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Heya, it's been a long time since I completed AshGray, 2 years ago? :D Just wanted to say I enjoyed it a lot and i'm just wondering when this will be completely finished, if you even have a completion date for it yet? (:

It's Never Fixed , Even Metapod Don't Know when he can Release next Beta so have Patience!

ViralHatred

Pallet Trainer
Years
Theres a bug in the orange island when you crash the blimp balloon thing,go through the backdoor of the building with the old lady and the game crashes even with the front door it crashes.does this happen to everyone?

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
Theres a bug in the orange island when you crash the blimp balloon thing,go through the backdoor of the building with the old lady and the game crashes even with the front door it crashes.does this happen to everyone?

This question has been answered so many times. But instead of telling you to look for the answer, I'm just going to tell you. That bug occurs only in beta 4.2. To get past it, use walkthrough walls, or download beta 4.0 on page 183.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Please tell me I haven't **** it up! I've done the MewTwo event, and in this second I notice that I don't have the Raft... and I must go to Seafoam Islands yet. No save, and overwritten emulator quicksave.

I DON'T want to play the whole game for 3rd time... specially because I almost have all Kanto pokemons...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Hi! I played Ash Gray(maybe v 3.61 but i'm not sure) on GpSPhone, out of the Diglett's cave probably i forgot an event and when Team Rocket tried to battle me the game have frozen,
I can't move my character and do nothing but music is still playing.
Like a dumb i saved the game..
How can i do??
I don't want to restart the game
I only have one other save-game but in this one i let charmender evolves in charmeleon before beating Sabrina, i would respect the order of events like the anime :(

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hi! I played Ash Gray(maybe v 3.61 but i'm not sure) on GpSPhone, out of the Diglett's cave probably i forgot an event and when Team Rocket tried to battle me the game have frozen,
How can i do??
I only have one other save-game but in this one i let charmender evolves in charmeleon before beating Sabrina, i would respect the order of events like the anime :(

That Happened Because after afterpassing the diglett cave 1st time you must have talked to diglett and not going further, go back to the Builder, Who will then give you soft sand and then that team Rocket Battle would have Happened Correctly!
My Advice if you want to play the Hack according to anime then Restart!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Bro I am as Exited as You are but we will have t wait and Beleive that Metapod can Finish it,Which he will Unless he Quits!
Do not multiple post...

How can i do??
Well... evolution of Charmander does not matter much... as it will have to evolve anyways... the main thing is not to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
[Quote =Well... evolution of Charmander does not matter much... as it will have to evolve anyways... the main thing is not to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

It matters because you will miss him in the episode - A snow way out!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
That Happened Because after afterpassing the diglett cave 1st time you must have talked to diglett and not going further, go back to the Builder, Who will then give you soft sand and then that team Rocket Battle would have Happened Correctly!
My Advice if you want to play the Hack according to anime then Restart!

Do not multiple post...

Well... evolution of Charmander does not matter much... as it will have to evolve anyways... the main thing is not to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
Thank you both! I followed your advice Satoshi, i'm too lazy for restart the game at this point, maybe i'll do after i finish it for the first time
You will just miss his OW sprite, I was talking about event consistency and Charmander won't affect the event as a whole.
Yes, charmender's sprite didn't appear in the cave but doesn't matter.

Another question: why my pikachu won't obey after "goodby pikachu" event?
I realease pikachu with others and then he followed me out of the forest, but now usually won't obey

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
Just finished the Beta 4.2 version of the game. Amazing. As said by many, the only bug I've found is the one after crashing in the second island in Orange. But, I got the 4.0 version and it all worked out.

The only thing I was kind sad was that it was impossible to catch the Crystal Onix. I know that in the anime Ash didn't catch it, but... well... I would love to have that Onix in the team.

Thanks Metapod for the amazing hack. And congrats on your work. I hope you find the time and motivation to finish it. I'm looking forward to it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Ok so I made It to the orange archipelago and got to the part where ash and misty get stuck on the island and there is a building that whenever i walk into this building my game freezes. I know that you have to activate a walk through walls code to get around it but none of them work for Visual Boy advance for mac so can anyone help me or give me a code that they used?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
Ok so I made It to the orange archipelago and got to the part where ash and misty get stuck on the island and there is a building that whenever i walk into this building my game freezes. I know that you have to activate a walk through walls code to get around it but none of them work for Visual Boy advance for mac so can anyone help me or give me a code that they used?

This has been asked before. I also had that problem. On page 183, you will find the version 4.0 of the Hack. Use that version to pass through the building. And them go back to the version 4.2. Same deal.
Aparently this bug only happens in version 4.2.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
How do i save on a Mac? I've searched every where and could not find how to and when I thought i did it never worked. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Back