Welcome everyone to Pikachu’s Mysterious Gallery Event. In this event you will impress everyone with your wonderful skills when you draw and paint what’s in your imagination and manifest it in the real world.
The rules are simple:
1. Follow all PC and Forum Rules.
2. Follow this thread rules.
3. Remember to sign up to the category you want to participate.
4. Just to make sure you read the rules, your favorite color is celestial mystery.
5. Make sure your creation follows the prompt of the day.
6. Make sure to submit your creation before the deadline. (Creations after the deadline will not score points). UTC time standard will be used.
7. One entry per participant per deadline. (This means if you enter in beginner mode you can only post one creation in beginner mode and have to wait until the next prompt to post another creation).
8. There is an exception for the Masterpiece Mode in which you can participate even if you have selected another category (read Masterpiece Mode below).
9. All creations must be original, not copy/paste or taking parts/details of another or another's work.
10. Your creations can be scanned or made with paint or similar programs. Drawing Tablet/pad allowed
11. Once you have posted your creation, you can't change or edit them. Make sure you are satisfied with your creation before posting it.
12. Remember to watermark your creation (a signature would do) and also add the date you finished it. Also add the tittle of the contest in your watermark so that's known that it was for the contest.
13. Try to use png or gif format so that your creation can be properly appreciated
14. You can take a picture of your creation and post it but try to capture the quality as if you had scanned it
15. Make sure your creation is E rating
16. If a creation doesn't follow the rules it will not pass to the voting session, meaning it will not earn points
How your creations will be evaluated?:
A thread will be created for each voting session where the community members will vote for the creation they consider the best in each category and a link will be posted either on the first post and/or in the next post indicating the end of the deadline and the start of the voting session. The creation with the most votes will earn 1st place, the one next it 2nd and the next one 3rd. Example: If A got 50 votes, B got 25 votes and C got 60 votes, C would be 1st, A 2nd and B 3rd. The voting session will last for 24 hours to allow everyone to vote.
1. Beginner: This mode is for those that are good with fast sketches or simple drawings
2. Intermediate: This mode is for those that have some experience drawing and painting and give color and/or shades that complement well with their creations.
3. Advanced: This mode is for those that have experience and give details to their creations.
4. Masterpiece: This mode will put on test all skills and abilities of the creator.
Special rules for Masterpiece Mode:
Since this mode will require all of the skills and abilities of the creator, this mode will have its own theme/prompt and its own deadline. A participant has the option to participate in another mode while also participating in the Masterpiece Mode. While in the other modes participants can earn participation points, in Masterpiece Mode only 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will get points.
The deadlines from Beginner Mode to Advance Mode will be every 2 days, with the 3rd day being of creation judging.
For the Masterpiece Mode the deadline will be the last they of the Get Together.
5 points in all categories except masterpiece
To allow more people to participate I extended the deadline of the first prompt and will be updated soon, by trainer type I meant trainer class, so for the first promt you have to do a drawing as fast as you can of how you would look like as your prefered trainer class or just the trainer class you identify the most and either draw your favorite pokemon or your main pokemon partner in an adventure
New deadline: wednesday august 7th 23:59 GMT -5, depending on the amount of submissions I may have to do a couple of changes to the categories and the scores, after that deadline a poll will be created and a link will be added so that everyone in pc can access the poll and vote for the best creation.
I ain't feeling that sure about this since I haven't painted in a while, so my colors were a little uhhh... wasted? But hey, Skitty has a hat
I chose Pokemon Colosseum's Street Performer as my trainer class, and Skitty as my partner. Since my trainer has to represent me in some way I made some changes with it, starting with drawing a male version of the class because St Performers are female only, I changed some colors too, but the main inspiration is there.
My chosen trainer class is the Youngster as a Master Trainer from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, complete with the cute shirt pattern.
Spoiler: Here's a picture of someone in my trainer class, for reference
There's just one thing: quite a lot of time has passed since then, so I've already aged up to my current age today, 24. I'm simply a Youngster at heart. I also no longer wear my cap because it no longer fits me-- although I did buy a similar shirt from my Master Trainer Youngster days. Here I am posing with my strongest Pokémon, and my lifelong buddy, Arcanine:
All right, no more entries for prompt 1 after this message. Good job guys, you are doing an amazing job.
A poll Will be created soon and we will see how everything goes. I will wait for your answers in the meantime. Good luck.
New participants can still register and participate in prompt 2 that will be updated soon. stay tuned.
Ok the results of the poll were the following.
DramaticCubism gained 60% of the votes
Cid and Treecko 0%
DramaticCubism wins 1st place and earns 70 points for team pikachu
fourleafprince wins 2nd and earns 50 points for team pikachu
3rd place is a draw between Cid and Treeko, both earn 30 points for their respective teams. (Cid: Pikachu, Treecko: Eevee)
Some updates regarding the event:
Since the event has low amount of participants, an agreement has been established to merge the categories of beginner, intermediate and advanced into a single one with the following point system: 1st 70 pts, 2nd 50 pts, 3rd 30 points. Participation points have been increasedto 10 points.
Final but not least, the get together is coming to a close soon, so there won't be time for a second prompt. Meaning that Masterpiece is the only prompt still active and was set since the beginning of the GT. Because of this Masterpiece will grant participation points. The points for masterpiece remain the same and the deadline is still the last day of the get together, meaning that you have to send your entries the day before since a voting session will start that day for the best masterpiece. Once the voting session starts no more entries would be able to enter. I'll post a message indicating the start of the voting session.
Hope you have been working with your creations and having fun while doing so.
Good luck and enjoy the rest of the GT.
OK, time's up.
Thanks for participating in PMGE, hope you all had fun creating art in this event.
Point has been added to the respective teams.
Again, thanks for participating and enjoy the last hours of the GT.