• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Years
https:// gyazo. com/a71040141afb1f934ed62a294002e796 - I cannot post links yet.
I was using your follower script and I noticed that this happen when I try to cross connected maps. I was in my game testing route 2 and Doyle city and this happened.
Tell me is this a bug or not ...or a known bug that is not fixed yet. Thank you very much once again

Not a bug I'll be fixing. That's not caused by dependent events, that's caused by how map connections are handled. KleinStudio's map connection fix script helps it a bit though.

I've added support for Lucidious89's Pokemon Birthsign's script, to incorporate his new birthday feature without your need to modify scripts. You still need the graphics he's provided, which can be found here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
The only downside to using KleinStudio's map connection fix script is that the map names don't really show up anymore. I tried using it and decided to stop once I realized the map names no longer showed. Though that's not really Mej's place to fix it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Not a bug I'll be fixing. That's not caused by dependent events, that's caused by how map connections are handled. KleinStudio's map connection fix script helps it a bit though.

I've added support for Lucidious89's Pokemon Birthsign's script, to incorporate his new birthday feature without your need to modify scripts. You still need the graphics he's provided, which can be found here.
Ty man I´ll use it like this...I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong...This bug does not bother me at all

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
Another question! When the forms of my pokemon changes the sprites doesn't. I've tried to give to my giratina a griseous orb and the sprite remains the same! (i've all the sprites in characters folder) How can i fix it?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
if i do Menu\Pokemon\Giratina\Item\Give everythings work, but if i give the item by Bag i got this error

Exception: NoMethodError

Following Pokemon:1932:in `pbPokemonGiveScreen'

PScreen_Bag:590:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Bag:587:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PScreen_Bag:587:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Bag:542:in `loop'

PScreen_Bag:610:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_PauseMenu:190:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:189:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PScreen_PauseMenu:189:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:143:in `loop'

Years
if i do Menu\Pokemon\Giratina\Item\Give everythings work, but if i give the item by Bag i got this error

Following Pokemon:1932:in `pbPokemonGiveScreen'

PScreen_Bag:590:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Bag:587:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PScreen_Bag:587:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Bag:542:in `loop'

PScreen_Bag:610:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_PauseMenu:190:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:189:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PScreen_PauseMenu:189:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:143:in `loop'

That line says
Code:
if ret>0
remove >0

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Hey Mej im using your follower system. When I add another dependy, even with my pokemon not following me at all this happens:
https:// gyazo. com/f64507439cb28b3644ef2f42f797d070
As you can see there is space between me and that (wooper in this case) depent event. Feels like someone invisible is behind me.
Anyways, to conclude is this a bug or normal or can I something about it?
Ty anyways and good day.
Note: sorry horrible english..again

Years
Hey Mej im using your follower system. When I add another dependy, even with my pokemon not following me at all this happens:
https:// gyazo. com/f64507439cb28b3644ef2f42f797d070
As you can see there is space between me and that (wooper in this case) depent event. Feels like someone invisible is behind me.
Anyways, to conclude is this a bug or normal or can I something about it?
Ty anyways and good day.
Note: sorry horrible english..again

"even with my pokemon not following me"
Just because you toggle a switch doesn't mean your pokemon isn't following you anymore. The graphic and any noticeable effects are removed, but the event still exists so that when you turn the switch back on it's still there. You actually have to completely remove the event, and then add it back later.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
"even with my pokemon not following me"
Just because you toggle a switch doesn't mean your pokemon isn't following you anymore. The graphic and any noticeable effects are removed, but the event still exists so that when you turn the switch back on it's still there. You actually have to completely remove the event, and then add it back later.

Sorry I´ve explained myself in a bad way. My english sucks..How can I remove the event completely?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
i got this error code when i talk to my pokemon or try to enter a new area
RPG__Sprite:123:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:434:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:433:in `each'
RPG__Sprite:433:in `effect?'
AnimationSprite:31:in `update'
AnimationSprite:88:in `follower_update'
AnimationSprite:87:in `each'
AnimationSprite:87:in `follower_update'
PokemonFollowingScript:1768:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Hi a small question do i need to keep overworlds in a separtae folder or do i even need an overworld?
I know u need but how do i define where the overworlds are kept in the script any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Years
Hi a small question do i need to keep overworlds in a separtae folder or do i even need an overworld?
I know u need but how do i define where the overworlds are kept in the script any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

They go in your Graphics/Characters folder.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Hey guys I got a question Im an amateur scripting and I want just 1 pokemon to follow my character like pikachu in yellow version how do I modify the main script?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
i got this error code when i talk to my pokemon or try to enter a new area
RPG__Sprite:123:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:434:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:433:in `each'
RPG__Sprite:433:in `effect?'
AnimationSprite:31:in `update'
AnimationSprite:88:in `follower_update'
AnimationSprite:87:in `each'
AnimationSprite:87:in `follower_update'
PokemonFollowingScript:1768:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'

I fixed it by changing:
def talk_to_pokemon
Code:
	    if e!=0	
      if e.hp>0 && !$Trainer.party[0].isEgg?
to
Code:
    if e != 0
      if e.hp > 0 && !$Trainer.party[0].isEgg?

And def update
Code:
    if $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.lastUpdate!=@lastUpdate
to
Code:
    if $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.lastUpdate != @lastUpdate

But, I'm using Klein's BW kit. so I don't know.

Years
I fixed it by changing:
def talk_to_pokemon
Code:
	    if e!=0	
      if e.hp>0 && !$Trainer.party[0].isEgg?
to
Code:
    if e != 0
      if e.hp > 0 && !$Trainer.party[0].isEgg?

And def update
Code:
    if $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.lastUpdate!=@lastUpdate
to
Code:
    if $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.lastUpdate != @lastUpdate

But, I'm using Klein's BW kit. so I don't know.

This problem is caused by you not closing RMXP before replacing the Animations file, not any sort of script issue.

Also, your "fixes" there don't even change the code at all, you just changed some spacing. It will be interpreted the same way.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
This problem is caused by you not closing RMXP before replacing the Animations file, not any sort of script issue.

Also, your "fixes" there don't even change the code at all, you just changed some spacing. It will be interpreted the same way.

But I did close RMXP. Multiple times as I thought I screwed up and didn't close it, since your thread says close it and any problems are probably your fault.
And I didn't know that the spacing doesn't matter. I was just looking for the synax highlighting, which didn't highlight the ! in the !=.
I'm just happy I have the following pokemon now. And I'm grateful for this being plug and play.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
They go in your Graphics/Characters folder.
I have trainers images named 001.png
so do I have to make them into trainers001.png and what do I do after making a modification like that nothing or like editing scripts?

Back