• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Contest 2018

Bay

Years
Hey guys, you have less than 3 hours until entries for the Small Writing Contest are due! Remember to PM your entries to me and gimmepie and then say it in the thread here!

Bay

Years
Anddddd time! Okay, submissions are closed and we only have two entries. What happens now is gimmepie and I will judge those two stories and also due to the low turnout there will be alternate scoring/prizes by the end of this. Will come back again with the results sometime tomorrow!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Woops I forgot to finish today, only just started yesterday and hit a road block. Best of luck to those two! Should make it easier lol

Years
I think I still have artistic block. I had story and everything, but each time I tried to write it down, I kinda distracted myself with something else or straight up lost my motivation to write it down. Well, maybe next year...

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Woops I forgot to finish today, only just started yesterday and hit a road block. Best of luck to those two! Should make it easier lol

I think I still have artistic block. I had story and everything, but each time I tried to write it down, I kinda distracted myself with something else or straight up lost my motivation to write it down. Well, maybe next year...

Don't worry people; even getting to writing writing is hard, I would know. Both times (pre and post deadline extension) I felt the story was more or less "finished" shorter than 30 minutes before the deadline hit.

But hey, there's always writing other stories during the rest of the year. I'm sure more content is always welcome and it might help get our muscles flexed for the next SWC. Looking forward to see you around.

And don't forget to vote Koko 2018.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024

It's ok, don't worry about it, everyone has a writing block from time to time. that happens to me a lot, I may have a story sometimes but suddenly I end up changing a lot of things and don't like how it goes so I go back and check and if everything feels wrong I start all over again. And believe me I end up thinking about it again and again without even noticing, I really hope I didn't mix everything up in my story this time, and I still need to improve a lot character development in my stories. Maybe next get together SWC we will be able to read your stories and surely they will be great.
PD: try listening to a music that may inspire you and you think or feel goes well with what you are writing, It allowed me to finish mine this time and I was almost on the point of giving up.

Bay

Years
To be honest, I'm surprised there were barley any entries this time. Last year, we had over 10 or so participants and a few people turned in entries the few couple days already. For contests like this, I would just try to think of something short and sweet, doesn't need to be anything too epic.

Um, anyways, I'm here to give an update. So I read and scored the two stories, and I'm waiting gimmepie to see if he had started yet and how we'll go about giving away the prizes. Stay tuned!

Years
Results

Bay's Scoring
Spoiler:

gimme's Scoring
Spoiler:

Sorry I don't have a proper critique for you right now like Bay, I've run into some computer troubles and don't really have the time at this moment. I'll try to get some written here before the forum closes if I can, otherwise I'll keep an eye out for them in FF&W and you're welcome to request critique via PMs. Congratulations to Venia Silente who has won a Psychium Z for their tribe.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Well, congrats to Chr. Draco for participating with me, for one. I'm eager to read the story!

And congrats to the judges of course.

I will be posting the story sometime during the weekend; most likely the exact same version sent to the judges plus some minor corrections - and a side of meta / development commentary!

(Also I'm monitoring this thread to save its latest version before this section closes~)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi, Congrats venia on first place and thanks to the judges for hosting the event. I still need to improve a lot so also thanks for your patience, feedback and for reading my story, hopefully I'll be able to do better next time.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
To be honest, I'm surprised there were barley any entries this time. Last year, we had over 10 or so participants and a few people turned in entries the few couple days already. For contests like this, I would just try to think of something short and sweet, doesn't need to be anything too epic.

Um, anyways, I'm here to give an update. So I read and scored the two stories, and I'm waiting gimmepie to see if he had started yet and how we'll go about giving away the prizes. Stay tuned!
I'm bad at writing short stories, and writer's block generally sucks for me, which is why I didn't end up submitting anything.

Back