• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Nope, I didnt open it because I have the Beta, mainly I reopened it because:

1-I felt like talking about the game, since a lot of time passed (and maybe other people also wanted to talk about the game)
2-Having it open will put a bit more pressure on my shoulders, and that way I'll be more focused and less distracted (except for when I have to pay more attention to Uni's business)

With that a bit more clear, the second thing to make clear is that:

1-Remember that we have the Help Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, so, all the questions related to gameplay (how do Pokemon evolve, what should I do next, and so on), please make them there.
2-Before we get any kind of questions related when will be the Beta released (although you know it's against the rules), in an estimation it may be around two or three months. Of course, it's merely speculation, because the many variables in life may affect and change everything, you know that.
3-I'll just repeat it the whole process to avoid white screens/problems with saving/progressing after the E4, because it's so common that I'm sure we'll get them here sooner or later. It's inside this spoiler, so please read it if you are having problems:
Spoiler:

So that's it for this first post. I'll do some update progress report on the next one. But, for now, I'll just update a few things:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquilae, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1y4qRxyM0
3-And, finally, I'm currently debating myself if I should use the Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries and/or common Pokemon, the problem I have is that, mainly for the common Pokemon, they may be too big in comparation with the humans' sprites. So, I want to hear your opinion as well (maybe I should stick to only use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon?)

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years

1-I felt like talking about the game, since a lot of time passed (and maybe other people also wanted to talk about the game)
2-Having it open will put a bit more pressure on my shoulders, and that way I'll be more focused and less distracted (except for when I have to pay more attention to Uni's business)

1-Remember that we have the Help Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, so, all the questions related to gameplay (how do Pokemon evolve, what should I do next, and so on), please make them there.
2-Before we get any kind of questions related when will be the Beta released (although you know it's against the rules), in an estimation it may be around two or three months. Of course, it's merely speculation, because the many variables in life may affect and change everything, you know that.
3-I'll just repeat it the whole process to avoid white screens/problems with saving/progressing after the E4, because it's so common that I'm sure we'll get them here sooner or later. It's inside this spoiler, so please read it if you are having problems:
Spoiler:

So that's it for this first post. I'll do some update progress report on the next one. But, for now, I'll just update a few things:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquila, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsvSIHS99Co&watch_response
3-And, finally, I'm currently debating myself if I should use the Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries and/or common Pokemon, the problem I have is that, mainly for the common Pokemon, they may be too big in comparation with the humans' sprites. So, I want to hear your opinion as well (maybe I should stick to only use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon?)

Well, about the MD sprites,
i think you should use them. The proportions of mini's are never right, i mean look at the ho-oh, lugia and the legendary birds in the game, way to big!

This is just a suggestion, but maybe you can use dp-overoworld people in combination with the md sprites. There is a great guide on WAH that tells you how to 'redimensionar' the sprites, it helpt me understand HEX a bit :). But whenever i use MD sprites, i also find one problem, the colours. There are just a few palettes available for mini's.

Anyway, good luck!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Loving the music. The things you do are what separate Shiny Gold and Lustrous Silver.

btw, LS will be making a return soon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2010
Hey Zel,

I have a few questions for you about the game:

1. How many masterballs are there going to be in the game, because there are a lot of legendary pokemon to catch in the game?
2. Are the Hoen legendary pokemon more difficult to find then the other legendary pokemon

anyway, your hack is great

Ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014

Spoiler:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquila, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsvSIHS99Co&watch_response

Thanks for credit, but I think you should give the credit to Aquilae instead of me...

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
I think you should just use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon. Using the sprites for the small Pokemon would look nicer, but also kinda weird comparing them with the people sprites. That's my opinion bud.

Glad to see ya back man, best wishes to you my friend.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
Zel, why not making a poll about MD sprites ? I would like to see all legendary pokemons with MD sprites. Just look on pokemon movies. Lugi is much bigger than humans. Also Legendary beast would look awesome with MD sprites (raikou has the best one in md). But this way you would have to make arrea where they sleep bigger (I don't see any problem in it :P)...

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2008
is it possible to evolve a pokemon like haunter on this rom? it only evolves from a trade but i was excited about caughting gastly im not going to train if i cant get a gangar

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2008
sweet thanks... yeah that will be a loong way away. one more question can i get a charmander on this game?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Just check the Help thread whenever you have questions about gameplay, here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, or check the Tourist section in the first post of this thread, as there are a few tutorials and the "Shiny Gold Dex" which may help you finding the Pokemon you are looking for.

I'll read the comments and update and all of that when I return tonight.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2008
Dang that champion music is awesome. The thing i was looking forward to the most was wether or not that music would be in it and it sounds amazing. ive been playing the game and have been loving it Zel. Thanks for some great experiences.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Wow the new Champion remix fits really well. Its going to be a nice addition to the game. As for the MD sprites; I have to say use them for legendaries (like Rayquaza) because the normal sprites just fail to make them appear as massive and epic as they should be. In any case, good luck with both SG and life in general.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
How did I notice notice this thread was opened? o.o;

Zel, I'll help around with this thread, since I'm on alot more than you are :D

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
CHe! Zel.
That's good to see at least here in CP over these assets, in order, I say that if you come to Green City and there is a disaster mapping, but nope nothing happens ... I think ... But the record that I = CRAVER, I am going to translate into Spanish the Shiny Gold ... Zel in order to say no more luck and I wish you bon voyage ...
We will in any Occasion... Suerte Papà!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
hey zel is a remix of the team rocket hideout going to be in the next beta i really want to hear that song remixed

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
elow there zel.
I was playing beta 5 earlier today, and I noticed this little glitch.
Dunno if it has been reported, but here's the video... :\

Back