• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would it be a good idea to increase or decrease the team amount?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Ever since the beginning of Pokemon, teams have always been made up of six Pokemon. But with the increase of Pokemon being made each generation, do you think the team count could be increased to seven, or even eight? Would this have a detrimental effect on the metagame?

As far as I know, VGCs let players pick four Pokemon to use from six available Pokemon. Do you think this method is effective? Could this be done to a better result with a higher amount of Pokemon to use and battle with? i.e. 6v6 Singles, but players can choose six Pokemon to use from fifteen available Pokemon before the battle starts.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I dislike any change of size to the pokemon team. :x 6 is where it should be imo and changing anything could be harmful to the metagame. Shrinking the size would make it almost impossible for teams to cover all the threats, and expanding it might make it too easy.

Back