The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Red Pokemon Grape [DEMO 3.1 / 7 GYMs Available!]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old July 29th, 2015 (4:45 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 80C View Post
    I changed Pokemon Movesets in order to match mostly Gen3 but also the next generation games' movesets.

Actually it was a reference to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas rather than GTA V (infact Demo 1 has been released before GTA V's release and the mention was already in there).
    Yes, this hack is full of references.

And now for something completely different:
    I finished SA years ago,but I don't remember anything about Kifflom xD
    Old August 1st, 2015 (5:17 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2015 by Glitch Kitty.

Two things I have to say: - One of the hikers in the cave/wood where one needs flash or the lighter has level 34 pokemon while the rest of the trainers are level 20+.
      - Magnemite has a glitchy backsprite...

PS: I must be blind and or stupid because It seems I am stuck before the fourth Gym...I can't find it in Buris City...I suppose I need surf to access it but when I try to go to route 64 it's blocked by Snorlax...I need the pokeflute to awake but to get it I need the Ghost Scope...which is probably in the part of the city I can't access yet because of surf...
      Does the hack stops there or do I have to go somewhere else to get surf and/or strength to continue ?
      Old August 2nd, 2015 (2:40 AM).
      The Greatest Hoenn Professor

Nature: Gentle
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Glitch Kitty View Post
        Two things I have to say: - One of the hikers in the cave/wood where one needs flash or the lighter has level 34 pokemon while the rest of the trainers are level 20+.
        - Magnemite has a glitchy backsprite...

PS: I must be blind and or stupid because It seems I am stuck before the fourth Gym...I can't find it in Buris City...I suppose I need surf to access it but when I try to go to route 64 it's blocked by Snorlax...I need the pokeflute to awake but to get it I need the Ghost Scope...which is probably in the part of the city I can't access yet because of surf...
        Does the hack stops there or do I have to go somewhere else to get surf and/or strength to continue ?
        Gastly's backsprite is also glitchy. Also to get to the fourth gym, you need to find the secret switch in the Game Corner similar to Red and you can get the Ghost Scope by beating the fourth gym leader. You can also get the Pokeflute by beating up all the trainers in the Spooky Swamp and then by talking to Mr. Abe, he will give you the Pokeflute.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Old August 22nd, 2015 (3:26 PM).
        "This is a text filler!"

Yes, I'm still alive and the project will be finished, meanwhile here's something completely new:

Old August 22nd, 2015 (11:00 PM).
          Returned!

Yeah best GEN 1 EVER MADE! really good hack!
            But it could have been nice,if you used B/W pokemon sprites...also will there be 16 badges??
            Old September 16th, 2015 (12:55 AM). Edited September 17th, 2015 by 80C.
            "This is a text filler!"

Finally... here are a few important updates:

Yes: Move Deleter. In Gen.1.

A preview of the Item Trading Sequence, with the addition of a few custom asm routines in the Pokemon Communication Center. And an exclusive leak (Mining! From Gen.4 Games).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ItWasABadDream View Post
              Really looks great so far. I just have one question. The thread title says you're on demo 3.2 but the link at the bottom of your first post links to demo 3.1. Where are you at?
              Whoops, my bad, when I updated the title to "Demo 3.1 Released" from "Demo 3 Released" I misspelled the last number :-/

Old September 17th, 2015 (5:17 AM).
              Genwunner / born 1989

Really looks great so far. I just have one question. The thread title says you're on demo 3.2 but the link at the bottom of your first post links to demo 3.1. Where are you at?

Old September 17th, 2015 (1:55 PM).
                Genwunner / born 1989

Looking awesome so far, 80C. I always get a rush of adrenaline when I see that you've updated the thread. Your rom hacking abilities are exceptional and inventive. I'm really looking forward to the final product. Godspeed!

LOL "When I was young I was a rapist..."

Old September 18th, 2015 (6:50 PM).

I was pretty excited about this project but I ran into an immediate and incredible concern. Maybe I have done something wrong but if that is the case, then it could do with reporting either way.
                    I am reallly struggling with this level cap.
                    So far, I have went through events as so:
                    Got starter, followed rival, couldn't beat the team rocket members in the house there.
                    Went into the cave left of the town you get the starter, eventually found my pokemon high enough to beat the two standing there, and now they just continue to stand there.
                    Afterwards, I got the gloves needed to pass through the aforementioned cave, and all my pokemon started exceeding the level 10 cap.
                    Now I'm at the gym in the city past that cave, and hes got level 20s! I will beat him eventually, but its soooo frustrating to not get to use a move for an entire battle because my whole team is not obeying.

So which is it? Have I missed a major issue that needs to be resolved, or is this just a frustrating level of difficulty intentionally implemented?
                    Old September 22nd, 2015 (1:50 PM).
                    "This is a text filler!"

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Blackhammer99 View Post
                      I was pretty excited about this project but I ran into an immediate and incredible concern. Maybe I have done something wrong but if that is the case, then it could do with reporting either way.
                      I am reallly struggling with this level cap.
                      So far, I have went through events as so:
                      Got starter, followed rival, couldn't beat the team rocket members in the house there.
                      Went into the cave left of the town you get the starter, eventually found my pokemon high enough to beat the two standing there, and now they just continue to stand there.
                      Afterwards, I got the gloves needed to pass through the aforementioned cave, and all my pokemon started exceeding the level 10 cap.
                      Now I'm at the gym in the city past that cave, and hes got level 20s! I will beat him eventually, but its soooo frustrating to not get to use a move for an entire battle because my whole team is not obeying.

So which is it? Have I missed a major issue that needs to be resolved, or is this just a frustrating level of difficulty intentionally implemented?
                      Yes, this hack has an increased level of difficulty, in many parts the difficulty is intense and frustrating but by grinding a lot the Pokemon and by proceeding further in the game it becomes more enjoyable, even if there are a few parts where you can get lost (some NPCs may give a hint about what to do).

And here's the second (and final) preview of the Safari Zone:

Here's a new preview showing the Safari Zone and a few cool things.
                      First of all, unlike previous dungeons, this one has 4 Areas.
                      Each area is inter-connected with another area; the result is a gigantic map without annoying nonsensical border-warps (unlike in the original Pokemon Red).
                      The resulting Safari Zone is so big that you may end running of steps quickly so, in order to reach the furthest areas, you'll have somehow to count your steps, step by step, following a precise pattern.
                      And... of course, that one was definitively a Gen.5 Pokemon.
                      At last, this one somehow resembles another Safari Zone, this time from one of the canonical Pokemon Games (here's a hint: a few months ago those games were very popular).

This is it, see you next time!

Old September 23rd, 2015 (10:20 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by 80C View Post
                        Yes, this hack has an increased level of difficulty, in many parts the difficulty is intense and frustrating but by grinding a lot the Pokemon and by proceeding further in the game it becomes more enjoyable, even if there are a few parts where you can get lost (some NPCs may give a hint about what to do).
                        Just so we are 100 percent clear, you are confirming it is INTENTIONAL that pokemon higher than level 10 do not obey, and thus you can not reliably control which abilities they use?
                        Old September 24th, 2015 (1:34 AM).
                        "This is a text filler!"

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Blackhammer99 View Post
                          Just so we are 100 percent clear, you are confirming it is INTENTIONAL that pokemon higher than level 10 do not obey, and thus you can not reliably control which abilities they use?
                          No, that wasn't intentional at all, it looks like an issue, the weird thing is that I haven't experienced, or at least, I didn't notice that problem when I downloaded Demo 3.1 and played it just to make sure everything was all right.

Have you patched the right ROM? (You had to patch a clear Pokemon Red ROM [US], and not the previous ROM of Pokemon Grape or other localizations).

Also, if you had a previos savegame from the previous version, in order to continue you had to save, possibly in a Pokécenter, in the older version before plyaing the new version.
                          Using a savestate from the previous versions while playing the new version generates errors since the internal data of the 2 ROM versions are different (even if the savegame is still 100% compatible) so the emulator reads "garbage data".

By the way, here are a few updates:

I added some more moves from Gen.4 just like this one.

Where am I now? This looks familiar.

Don't forget this picture: this is the entrance to a living nightmare, the most difficult dungeon ever created for a Gen1 Hack: Panopticon.
                          Remember the Giant Maze from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? Sort of.
                          Remember also the Egg Dungeon from Zelda: Link's Awakening?
                          This dungeon mixes all these properties into one single map. And, for good measure, there are even wild Pokemon everywhere, so you'll end up ending your repels... can you get out of there?
                          Your final pre-League challenge doesn't include trainers, instead, you find yourself in this gigantic maze.

In addition, like if this dungeon isn't already hard to beat alone itself, there's even an underground sidescrolling area that includes a brainstorming lever-pulling puzzle (like in the Cinnabar Mansion) indispensable for reaching further areas in the main dungeon.
                          A bit sadistic, huh? I was even about to add poison-filled floor tiles or death pads just like in another dungeon (death pads were already showed in a previous video about this hack) but then I was able to say to myself "Please, stop. Don't torture the players so much".

This is it, see you next time!

Old September 24th, 2015 (8:10 AM).
                          Genwunner / born 1989

A side scrolling puzzle??? Hahahaha whaaaaaat! That's different. Looking forward to the final release!

Old October 5th, 2015 (10:27 AM).
                            "This is a text filler!"

Maybe it's time for some new screenshots:

Nice jump!

This summer, shortly after the last Demo release, our Prof. Bek bought a new catalogue of decorations for his lab, the result was, of course, amazing.

Thanks to Quantum Phisics (a là Interstellar) now it's possible to travel across long distances through a single worm-hole.
                              In particular, atop Wizard Peak there's now a Wormhole-alike tunnel that connects Wizard Peak with a hidden portion of Buris City connected with Route 70 (in particular with the HM02 House).
                              This means that:
                              *When you receive the PokeFlute from Mr.Abe in Gadow City, next to Wizard Peak, rather than cross all Frejo you can simply visit Wizard Peak and Route 71 and enter the wormhole tunnel to reach the HM02 House near Buris City by waking up the Snorlax blocking the access to the House;
                              *If you obtained the 3rd Badge in Snorkel City and if you have a Pokemon that learns Fly you can use Fly from there, this saves a lot of boring time previously used to cross Frejo 2 times;
                              *At the same time, you can enter this cave and visit a very short portion of Buris City earlier in the game BUT you can't teleport\escape-rope and sequence-skip to Buris City due to how the Flying positions in Gen1 work (first you have to enter a PokeCenter and heal your pokemon before the Flying Position is activated, I double-checked by testing it by playing, so no skipping :P )
                              *Wizard Peak's name has a sense now;
                              *More mystery is added to the game :D

Dive System Confirmed (works a bit differently from other work-in-progress disassembly hacks)

This is it for now, more news soon!

Old October 6th, 2015 (4:13 AM).
                              He once drank an entire bottle of windex

Nature: Bold
                                Great game 80c. This might have been the best gen 1 hack I've ever played. The new screenshots are looking great too, can't wait to play through them. Keep up the good work, I patiently wait for the next release.
                                Old October 9th, 2015 (3:00 AM).
                                Earnest

Could anyone tell me where the Phantump trade is?
                                  Old October 9th, 2015 (8:01 PM).
                                  The Greatest Hoenn Professor

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
                                    Could anyone tell me where the Phantump trade is?
                                    It's in Route 65.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                    Old October 16th, 2015 (7:25 AM).
                                    "This is a text filler!"

Here's a small update about the near-finished Final Version v1.0:

Forget the ugly-looking indoors of Pokemon Red!
                                      The Region of Frejo is proud of its monuments and important places, so during this Fall many inhabitants decided to revamp many indoor places, in particular the Museum: now it has a Gen3 feeling!

Old October 25th, 2015 (12:13 PM).
                                      "This is a text filler!"

Here's a new feature I implemented,check the video down below!

In short: the new feature is the De-Stone that de-evolves Eevee's evoluted stages.
                                        This way you can create an Eevee with an unusual (and powerful) moveset.
                                        The idea of de-evolving Eevee came from the RPG "Super Pokemon: Eevee Edition" which includes that feature.

There are even more cool features I implemented recently, but those will be a surprise for Pokemon Grape Final Version v1.0; speaking about that Pokemon Grape Final Version v1.0 has been finished and it's currently under Beta Testing.
                                        The release date is a surprise and it will be revealed at the last moment so don't worry about asking me when it will be released, the only sure thing is that this release will happen in the near future. Full stop.

Have any suggestion or doubt about this game?
                                        You're free to comment below here!

Old October 25th, 2015 (2:02 PM).
                                        PokemonMaster_j PokemonMaster_j is offline

Devolution? Awesome! I can't wait for the final release! IT's going to be great!
                                          Old November 2nd, 2015 (2:17 PM). Edited November 2nd, 2015 by 80C.
                                          "This is a text filler!"

Thanks PokemonMaster_j!

Finally I announce the new Official Trailer for Pokemon Grape! This is the definitive one.
                                            I chose to create a trailer completely different from the usual ones since... well, the entire hack is completely different from the usual ones, and this trailer matches perfectly the game's insanity!
                                            You may want to turn down the volume a bit before playing it. (Don't hear it with headphones, you've been warned!)

{XD}
                                            What do you think about it?

Old November 3rd, 2015 (3:53 PM).
                                            The Man of No Talent

Nature: Docile
                                              That was the best trailer for anything I have ever seen.
                                              Old November 3rd, 2015 (4:10 PM).
                                              blu rass

Nature: Timid
                                                I-I don't know what to say!
                                                That trailer had me laughing really hard, lemme tell you~
                                                Old November 3rd, 2015 (11:56 PM).
                                                Lunaturret Lunaturret is offline
                                                The Forgotten

Nature: Jolly
                                                You must of took a long time creating your traier. Its very nice and different keep up the excellent work :)
                                                Old November 5th, 2015 (11:16 AM). Edited November 5th, 2015 by 80C.
                                                "This is a text filler!"

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by badbullturret View Post
                                                  You must of took a long time creating your traier. Its very nice and different keep up the excellent work :)
                                                  Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
                                                  Yep, it took several times to complete the video (due to the program collapsing... I almost lost it two times).

By the way, I have an announcement for a request, but before... here are a few new updates:

Huh... what is this place?

I see... a Hot Spring!
                                                  How can I even enter the pool and then exit with perfectly warm clothes? This must be Hollywood.

An Underground Path... in an Underground Path?
                                                  After Mad scientists that want to poison a city, Epsilon Phanatics, wizards, deadly lasers on the floor, 4-Dimensional mazes and suicidal rapists I bet what's next...?

...Okay, after this one I'll return home...

...but on my way to my house somehow I ended up in this new Dungeon!
                                                  Note the infamous (unused) minecart and railroads from Pokemon Gold\Silver.

All right, now it's time for the announcement:
                                                  Since this hack is supposed to be in english rather than in engrish and I'm not a Native Speaker I might need some help at least for checking out if any dialogue in the game is misspelled.
                                                  I know (somehow) english, of course, but I'm well aware of the fact that I'm not the Encyclopaedia Britannica so I can commit a grammar mistake anytime.
                                                  What I need, in short, is a native-english speaker candidate who offers himself for pointing out any grammar mistake in the game.
                                                  I know, this is one of the most boring way of contributing to a fan-game, but it's strictly necessary for a high-quality hack.
                                                  Don't worry, the game's grammar is not supposed to be low like in Vietnamese Crystal, but in the previous Demos there were still a few embarassing grammar mistakes I'm afraid of.
                                                  50-55% of the game's dialogues were corrected (mostly before Demo 3.1) so it won't be long as you'd expect, it's not a hard task either (unless you have F- in english...).
                                                  If anybody is interested he\she can send me a PM; if you already did a similar contribute in the past to another hack it's even better.

Thanks for everything, more news at 11 about Pokemon Grape later!

Quick Reply