The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Red Pokemon Grape [DEMO 3.1 / 7 GYMs Available!]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old March 6th, 2016 (3:13 PM).

Looks cool. Will try. :)
    Old March 31st, 2016 (1:51 PM).
    "This is a text filler!"

After years of struggle I finally completed it, I'm sorry about not providing a better-looking message but this is it, Pokemon Grape Final Version is finally out.
      I'm no more interested into Pokémon, in fact, now I'm a pro-fisher and I don't have anymore time to surf the Web as now I work with a different kind of web... by the way,
      Here's the download Link!

Enjoy! ;)

Old March 31st, 2016 (2:28 PM). Edited March 31st, 2016 by Sir Nice.
      The Man of No Talent

Nature: Docile
        Hmm... even though tomorrow is April Fools, and this post seems very suspicious, I'm going to go ahead and take the bait.

EDIT: I've no regrets.
        Old April 12th, 2016 (8:40 AM). Edited April 12th, 2016 by Spherical Ice.

Nature: Naughty
          Hello, I would like to report this magnemite sprite bug(Sorry for the english)

forget
          Old April 28th, 2016 (1:11 PM).
          "This is a text filler!"

I apologize for being too late, I'm seriously busy in this period of my life... which is a great thing since it would be a serious issue hacking games "for kids" 99% of times at my age, and I'm starting to feel old for things like these, I was still a teenager when I began working on it, y' know.

Since this hack is so developed I'm not going to give it up, especially since I'm a few yards (or meters, for Euro-heads like me {XD} ) from the finish line.

Now, it's time for the so awaited answers:
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Doduozilla View Post
            Hello, I would like to report this magnemite sprite bug(Sorry for the english)

forget
            Unfortunately I'm well aware of that glitch, it's one of the 3 glitched backsprites (along with Gastly and Doduo), fortunately those ones were fixed for the Final Release.
            Speaking of it, I have a few new screenshots:

All right! Now that are supposed to be some real Mart Ruins!
            Here are two screenshots for comparison:

Normal Mart Mart Ruins

This was just a taste of some overhauls I did in the earlier dungeons in the game, there's a snapload of new stuff, the Final Version v1.0 is going to amaze the player, I promise.

I know that many of you are impatient about the Final Release, but I'd rather release a (very) good product rather than rush and miss something in the process (like in the case of the last release where I screwed up those 3 sprites... I still want to apologize for that).

Yes, I know, many might think:

... but since this is not a cake but rather the best Grape Jelly in form of ROM hack that has ever walked on the face of this planet I promise I'll release this very awaited version as soon as it's ready.
            I'm counting to release it this year, I still don't know for certain a date of release but I'm close to it, there's still a couple of cool things I have to work out but apart from those two things it's done.

Very well, see you next time! :)

Old June 12th, 2016 (5:36 PM).
            "This is a text filler!"

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
              The so-called "Holy Grail of Pokemon Hacking", i.e. Mew under the truck at the Port, has been finally ultimated after months of ASM programming done only with the support of a Hex-Editor (and ASM knowledge, of course), for so many months I couldn't make the script work properly until I fixed a wrong byte (responsable of the malfunctioning).

And now, here's the Update in the video!

Of course, in all these months I implemented various things, including:
              *Coloured and Shaded Text Font (like in the Gen.3 Games), as far as I know this is the first Gen.1 Hack to have this addon, another cool thing is that the text font isn't shaded during battles as you can see in the video;
              *Instant text (fastest text speed);
              *Custom NPC Events;
              *Custom scripts;
              *The newly added Fast Ship;
              *and of course more!

Of course, there's a ton of other cool features that I won't spoil until the release of the Final Version v1.0.
              I was about to release the hacl yesterday but I realized that almost no body would play videogames in general at Summer, so I decided to release it in the late second half of this year so I could focus on adding even more cool stuff (this way I can focus also on Beta testing).

Stay tuned, Pokemon Grape won't give up!

Old June 17th, 2016 (11:48 PM).
              Fighting (*o*)9

Nature: Careful
                why you add fakemons and faketypes? oh no i lost my interest... i'm sorry
                Old June 18th, 2016 (3:26 PM).
                The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

i like that there are other gens in it ;3;

Old June 18th, 2016 (6:04 PM).
                  Flushing Faithful

Nature: Lax
                    This ROM hack looks amazing! Everything I'd want in a GB ROM hack pretty much! Can't wait for the final version.
                    Old July 10th, 2016 (3:59 PM).
                    The Loneliest Cubone

Nature: Lonely
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 80C View Post
                      Here's a new feature I implemented,check the video down below!

In short: the new feature is the De-Stone that de-evolves Eevee's evoluted stages.
                      Hm... I wonder where you got that code from... Hmm...

I really do not mind you using my features. I really don't. Go ahead. Just please add a "Thanks to Danny-E", that's all I'm asking.

I seriously put a lot of work into getting the devolve stone functioning properly.....

I notice you have tweaked the devolve stone to only print "ABLE" next to Eeveelutions, rather than any evolved Pokemon, but I still came up with the base of code that allows this item to work.

Hacks made from my Pokémon Red - Gen. II Graphics Patch: (POKÉMON YELLOW - GEN. II GRAPHICS PATCH OUT NOW)
                      Pokemon Red Proud Eyes [Skeetendo Link] by break
                      Pokémon Red++ [Skeetendo Link] by Mateo
                      Pokemon Grape [Skeetendo Link] by 80C
                      Pokémon Red: Battle Factory [Skeetendo Link] by ShantyTown
                      Pokemon: EDM Version [Skeetendo Link] by ~Red
                      Hacks made from our Pokémon Red Full Color Hack:
                      Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe by TheScarletSword
                      Unnamed Pokemon Red Hack by Crystal_
                      Pokemon Pink by 80C
                      Administrator of The
                      Old July 12th, 2016 (9:03 AM). Edited July 12th, 2016 by 80C.
                      "This is a text filler!"

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Danny-E 33 View Post
                        Hm... I wonder where you got that code from... Hmm...

I really do not mind you using my features. I really don't. Go ahead. Just please add a "Thanks to Danny-E", that's all I'm asking.

I seriously put a lot of work into getting the devolve stone functioning properly.....

I notice you have tweaked the devolve stone to only print "ABLE" next to Eeveelutions, rather than any evolved Pokemon, but I still came up with the base of code that allows this item to work.
                        Hmmm... I'm ROTFL at your prepubescent envy {XD}... actually I, shall I say, imitated that feature from Miksy91's Pokemon Dark Energy which came out way before yours, he can actually confirm this so, yeah, actually I'm going to add a "Thanks to Miksy91 for the idea of de-evolution of Eevee" (wasn't that feature in Miksy91's hack inspired by Super Pokemon: Eevee Edition by the way?).
                        It seems also that you're greatly misinformed on how I actually hacked this game (by manual hex-editing rather than disassemblies or sorta), hence no "code" was ever needed as I simply looked at The World Famous Giegue's guide to hacking in order to know how to add or modify evolutions, so no extra code was needed as it's already all there in the original ROM.
                        So, basing on what you're telling us, you actually added some codes to allow evolution thanks to items twice when it was already there in Pokemon Red? Sir, you have discovered hot water.
                        Unlike you I don't have to bray about my lack of programming skills on somebody else's thread, that was unexpected from someone that was supposed to be mature, aren't you?
                        Are you still complaining about having your credit in the credit section of the main page? You're already there.
                        Your ego must have some serious problems then, so please if you feel about mutter other nonsense on the keyboard send me some more hate mails through the Private Mail system rather than posting here, because as of now you're annoying and envious beyond human immagination and I'm not your psychologist.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
                        Not pointing fingers or anything but how does one add a devolve function by doing nothing but hex editing? Your point to overthrow Danny's accusation just doesn't seem that valid, from another gameboy hacker's perspective. And I do believe you have been accused of stealing content in the past, this shouldn't even bother you lol.
                        To answer your legitimate doubt:
                        Judging from your post it seems that, despite you seem capable of creating Pokemon hacks, in Pokemon Red it's necessary change only a few bytes in the evolution data to achieve the "item evolution" effect.
                        Each pokemon has its own data that deals with evolution and learnset, item evolution was already in the original Pokemon Red\Blue (normally it is possible only through the use of an elementar stone) but I'm capable of adding new items and I'm capable of change or even add the effect to such newly added items, as you can see years ago I published a video showing that (the Lighter video, in particular).
                        And, by the way, the geniouses steal, but when I have just finished "stealing" any idea that was out there I suddenly ended my learning process and I started to create my own stuff, I entered my creative phase years ago. Just look at the new things I made in my previous posts or look at the dates of my videos. You're talking about stuff that happened more than 2 years ago. You're a bit outdated, aren't you?
                        Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Amazing how every few years many haters pop out from nowhere showing their inadequateness toward this project. Keep spamming here and I'm going to have you reported by a MOD.
                        - - -

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Batman Hakara View Post
                        I play hack today but there PRIMAL GROUDON not in game? Was very expecting to see that today when I play....
                        I know that a lot of people might expect more legendaries in a Pokemon Hack, I'm aware also that a lot of other hacks put them, but that's exactly the point, with this hack I'm going in my own way, not toward other more "mainstream" Pokemon hacks but rather on my own direction, that's also why I chose to add a couple of Fakemon.
                        There are lots of hacks with Groudon or other new things, I wanted to create this hack not for having people to search uniquely for legendaries (well, actually there are some newly added legendaries that you'll have to find, I'll explain it later) but to entertrain them... in Pokemon Grape's way.
                        When I play a hack I don't do that because I know that there are 65535 Pokemon from all generations or because there's a Legendary with Moves that deal damage beyond 500 Points, but because it might be an unique experience. That's the way Pokemon Grape was conceived, a unique experience of gameplay.

- - -
                        Next,

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCE:

I'm afraid to inform you that the savegame of the Final Version v1.0 is no longer compatible with the older versions (Demo 2 and Demo 3 in particular) because of some newly added events (mostly involving legendary PokéMON) that needed some changes to the Saving system.
                        That's the price for having the chance to involve your player into some new events that have to do with legendary Pokemon, one being the vent at Mew at the Port, the other ones, well, are a surprise, but let's give a little tease:

Ho-Oh event!
                        It works much like in Pokemon Fire Red (hopefully no new code was needed as GBA Games work differently from GB\C ones)., and it works also like Pokemon Gold\Silver where you have to be in possess of some particular item before you can encounter Ho-Oh (no, in Pokemon Grape you won't need a Gold Leaf, there's another item that works for both Lugia and Ho-Oh).
                        I won't spoil the whole thing about where's it or how the whole thing goes, I'll leave that for the Final Version... you'll have to discover that by yourself, I'll give you just a little hint: explore more frequently areas that were visited previously during your errand... that's it!

Nothing new under the sun: I've added more emotion bubbles, in particular this can be seen in my last video.

What is that temple meant for?

Animated lava, I've already published this screen months ago, it's just a reminder...

Something like this was briefly seen in the Trailer. Poor Sandslash.

Indeed. As you can see I've changed even some NPCs since last time.

Shaded and coloured text has a great feeling. What? The value now consists in gems rather than money? Ah, I see, Rupees.

Also, I have fixed the so-called "Save Game Oversight" that affected the original Pokemon Red\Blue, more info about that bug can be found on Bulbapedia.

By the way, I have updated the screenshot section a bit, so you might check it out as well.
                        See you next time!

Old July 12th, 2016 (10:54 AM).
                        Let's play a game...

Nature: Adamant
                        Not pointing fingers or anything but how does one add a devolve function by doing nothing but hex editing? Your point to overthrow Danny's accusation just doesn't seem that valid, from another gameboy hacker's perspective. And I do believe you have been accused of stealing content in the past, this shouldn't even bother you lol.

Old July 12th, 2016 (11:40 AM).
                        REJISHAN awakes...20 years later

I play hack today but there PRIMAL GROUDON not in game? Was very expecting to see that today when I play....
                          Old July 12th, 2016 (1:41 PM).
                          The Loneliest Cubone

Alright, I'll accept it if I'm wrong.
                            But you can't really blame me for being suspicious since when you usually "borrow" my ideas or code (like the exp bar), you announce it a few months after I release the code for it. But whatever. I apologize for being wrong about this one. Cool updates, though.

Hacks made from my Pokémon Red - Gen. II Graphics Patch: (POKÉMON YELLOW - GEN. II GRAPHICS PATCH OUT NOW)
                            Pokemon Red Proud Eyes [Skeetendo Link] by break
                            Pokémon Red++ [Skeetendo Link] by Mateo
                            Pokemon Grape [Skeetendo Link] by 80C
                            Pokémon Red: Battle Factory [Skeetendo Link] by ShantyTown
                            Pokemon: EDM Version [Skeetendo Link] by ~Red
                            Hacks made from our Pokémon Red Full Color Hack:
                            Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe by TheScarletSword
                            Unnamed Pokemon Red Hack by Crystal_
                            Pokemon Pink by 80C
                            Administrator of The
                            Old July 12th, 2016 (3:41 PM). Edited July 12th, 2016 by Pia Carrot.
                            Let's play a game...

No one is envious, no one is hating. You really can't blame anyone from our community for being suspicious though, from what you have done in the past. And I would appreciate if you didn't flame my wall any more c: Only one who'd get in trouble from you reporting is yourself. No one else is flaming but you.

Old July 20th, 2016 (10:15 AM).

Nature: Sassy
                            It seems like all has died down now, but in the future let's not jump down eachother's throats straight away. If you have any concerns about plagarism we take them seriously on PC so please PM me and keep things civil. Thanks guys.
                            Old July 20th, 2016 (6:29 PM).
                            šoακεd ςʟoτhεš, ωε† hαïr... ςoʟd ώίɴɖ ßʟoωïηg...

Nature: Naughty
                            I am really happy that there will be a final version (1.0) in the near future, this hack is also one my favourites hacks of GB/C that I love to play rather than GBA, well done for your hard work for all those years 80C!

I noticed there was some of "situations" in comments above that doesn't concern me at all, involving an other hacker that I am such a big fan of him as same as you... I am quit sad about it but things sometimes goes like this, and still I see much respect between everyone so that something that makes me feel relieved, anyway, you guys are the best and please don't stop giving us your innovative GB HACKS!!! WOOOTT
                            tɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ, wiɳɗ'ร ɓʆѳwiɳg, yѳu cɑɳ Բɛɛʆ it witɦ yѳuʀ Բɑcɛ รkiɳ...
                            ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
                            \(^○^)人(^○^)/
                            Old July 22nd, 2016 (12:56 PM).

Just found out about this hack and I have to say this is looking amazing! Think this might become my favorite gen 1 hack

Old August 6th, 2016 (8:03 AM).
                              "This is a text filler!"

Well, here's another update that you may find... interesting:

This is a video about the full Ho-Oh event in Pokemon Grape, it mimicks the Ho-Oh event in Pokemon Fire Red althought the two games are entirely different so I had to re-create the whole event from scratch using only ASM programming knowledge and an obsolete Hex-Editor (it's a real pain, I guarantee).

I did this nearly one month ago and thereafter I published the first screenshots but I've been too lazy to upload the video until now (In the meanwhile I took some time to adjust a few other things that have to do with Pokedex description and other details).

Of course, I added even more events involving legendary Pokemon, but if I'll publish all of them before the release who's going to play the game?

I may publish some more videos or screens depending on how much I'm drowsy during the holyday...I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. ;)

Old August 7th, 2016 (2:35 PM).

This hack is probably the best gen 1 hack that was ever made (and it's made without any disassembly!!!)
                                  some questions:will we be seeing any more of the other regions (Kelgo,Altek and the alluded to
                                  South Frejo) in Pokémon Peach?

Is Frejo in the same "Country" as Kanto/Johto etc, (asking because the route numbers start at 49 but on the other hand Prof. Bek receives a Ticket to Rijon (which also has routes that start at 49)
                                  (my assumption is that Altek Routes Go From Route ?? to route 48 and that Kelgo continues where Frejo left off and maybe that southe frejo goes from route 1-??

Continue your good work
                                  Old August 8th, 2016 (8:36 AM).
                                  Feeling sleepy...

The hack looks amazing and stuff, but I'm 100% the protagonist is from Telefang and I don't see Smilesoft/Natsume in the credits. I also wanted to ask you why you added ten new types which are oddly specific, especially Wind which undermines Flying and Bone which undermines Ground.
                                  Old August 14th, 2016 (6:25 AM).
                                  Pokémon Trainer

Hello, I'm in Buris City trying to reach the Gym and all the video guides are of 3.0 and show you simply cutting some trees to reach the gym, but in 3.1 that's just a ledge, and the only way to reach the area beyond is through a small surfing patch. As far as I'm aware surf is not available that early. Does anyone know what to do?
                                    Old August 16th, 2016 (6:33 AM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by legend link9 View Post
                                      Hello, I'm in Buris City trying to reach the Gym and all the video guides are of 3.0 and show you simply cutting some trees to reach the gym, but in 3.1 that's just a ledge, and the only way to reach the area beyond is through a small surfing patch. As far as I'm aware surf is not available that early. Does anyone know what to do?
                                      Check that poster on the wall in the casino :p
                                      Old September 16th, 2016 (2:58 AM).

80c, this hack has so many features that I am blown away. Impressive screens and videos too. Can't wait for the full version.

Check out my page on Facebook Computers And Fanarts
                                        Old September 16th, 2016 (10:58 PM).
                                        BloodlustSweden BloodlustSweden is offline

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Quantaris View Post
                                          80c, this hack has so many features that I am blown away. Impressive screens and videos too. Can't wait for the full version.
                                          This. I mean, it is just amazing. And Side-scrolling caves and the such? d(■■■)b/

Quick Reply