• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A list of questions I have for you guys

Kaliopy2018

Pokémon make me smile!
Years
1. What got you into Pokémon?
2. What is your favorite and least favorite Pokémon games?
3. Do you want Gen 8, Sinnoh remakes, or both?
4. What is your favorite and least favorite starter?
5. What is your favorite and least favorite gen?

Provide any answer of your choice of all of them. Thank you!

Years
1. The anime first, and then the TCG. As huge as I am into the games, they were actually the last things I really got myself into, surprisingly enough.

2. Favourite: Emerald and Platinum / Least Favourite: Pokemon Black and White (sorry)

3. I dunno, I mean, we haven't seen what all of Gen 8 has to offer yet, so it's hard for me to say one way or another which one I'd prefer, here. Sinnoh remakes would be nice because I can't wait to play my old regional favourites on the Switch, but... idk.

4. Favourite starter is Bulbasaur and least favourite is Chesnaught.

5. Favourite: Gen 3 & 4. / Least Favourite: Tie between Gen 1 and 6.

Tbh you can probably combine 2 and 5 to be the same quesiton.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
1. The anime when it first aired.
2. Favourite: A tie between R/B/Y and G/S/C. Least favourite: Sun/Moon or Black/White.
3. A Sinnoh remake would be nice.
4. Favourite: Squirtle. Least favourite: Snivy/Treeko
5. Favourite: Gen 1 & 2. Least favourite: Gens 5 and 7.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
1. The anime, i believe it was the Hoenn series that i watched first because if i'm not wrong i watched Brawly using his Makuhita vs Ash's Pikachu at first few episodes
2. Favourite would be a little bias, it was my first game Pokemon Platinum. The least favourite unfortunately would be Black/White (Fortunately B/W 2 is an improvement).
3. I would really love a sinnoh remake, gen 8. could potentially be my favourite, but it's hindered by one thing which is dex cut. I really like all pokemon to a certain extent, so whoever getting cut would be painful for me. That's a shame since i really love British Aesthethics.
4. Favourite starter would be Piplup and Rowlet. And for my least favourite it would be Chespin (The only i starter i never used at all)
5. Favourite gen : Gen 2 & 4, least favourite has to be gen 7 (Weakest gen in term of pokemons in my opinion, although some of them become one of favourites like Decidueye and Ribombee)

Years
1. Probably the anime. First watched it around Diamond and Pearl.
2. Favorite: HGSS/ B2W2 Least Favorite: I really can't think of of a title I've played that I would consider my least favorite.
3. Both.
4. Favorite: Totodile/Snivy/Litten Least Favorite: Tepig. Need I say more?
5. Favorite: 4 or 5 Least Favorite: 1 (broken in so many aspects that it's comical i.e. game-breaking glitches such as MissingNo. and Glitch City, Psychic types effectively having no weaknesses, moves like Hyper beam and Wrap being absolutely OP, etc.)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
A sticker book. No, legit, this is how I got into Pokemon. This is legitimately what got me into the franchise. I am not joking by any means. It was 2007, times were different then.

My favorite Pokemon game is Emerald, if we're going by main series, but my favorite spinoff is the Mystery Dungeon games, but only the first two. My least favorite? X/Y, and for many reasons which I will not be getting into in this thread.

Since we've already gotten a generation 8 confirmed....yes, I want a Sinnoh remake. They can just use the Pokemon Master models in the Sinnoh remake, and it'd be fine.

Favorite starter is obviously Treecko. My least favorite is...well, none of them, really. I like all of them.

I like the 3rd generation best. I always have, honestly, since that was my starting point. My least favorite is the 6th generation. It just sucked. That's all I feel like saying.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
about me:

01 - What got you into Pokémon?
it was the anime that got me into Pokemon, I was switching channels after school, really loved the animation, I was hooked

02 - What is your favorite and least favorite Pokémon games?
so far Sun and Moon are my favorites, lots of variety of Pokemon, and region to explore
my least favorite is the 3rd generation Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, got lost in the long water routes, back in the times when not much help online, so I couldn't finish the games, only 3rd gen Pokemon, as a big majority don't catch my attention, so was hard for me trying to even pick a team

03 - Do you want Gen 8, Sinnoh remakes, or both?
both be fine for me, gen 8 would be fun to explore - as Sinnoh also had lots of great places and Pokemon to have fun with

04 - What is your favorite and least favorite starter?
so far my most favorite starters are tie between two fire types - Litten and Fennekin, I love both so much for my love of cats and foxes
my least favorite is also a fire type, Torchic, doesn't catch my attention, neither does any of the other 3rd gen starters, only gen I really dislike the desings

05 - What is your favorite and least favorite gen?
kind of hard to decide, it depends, the Pokemon, or the region itself
having fun overall, 7th gen so far I have the most amount of fun, also 6th gen (XY games)
no surprise from earlier, the 3rd gen is the region I really dislike in the original 3rd gen (6th gen remakes where easier and fun)

Last edited:
Years
1. definitely the anime. i can't remember if i collected the tcg before or after i got my first game! (leafgreen)

2. favorite games would have to be dpp. least favorite... idunno, that's a hard one. there's really something i like about every pokemon game i've played, and the inverse is also true, every game has its cons as well! i suppose least favorite would be sun and moon. i have yet to finish moon and i bought it the day it released. i just lost interest so fast, despite there being a lot of things in those games that i really love :/

3. i have been waiting for sinnoh remakes for a very very long time and i want them very bad. however, my standards are really high because i love the sinnoh games so much so i'm a little worried i'd be disappointed lol...

4. favorite would be bulbasaur! i have a lot of nostalgia for the little guy and i also just think the entire bulbasaur line is just great design. all 3 of them are just so great in my eyes. chimchar & its evo line is definitely an honorable mention in terms of favorites, i love infernape! least favorites are probably tied between chespin & torchic lines. i love torchic but i really don't like blaziken D:

5. favorite would be gen 4. as i said before dpp are my favorite games but hgss is probably one of the best mainline games they've ever made! least favorite gen... i guess gen 7, or maybe gen 1 because i think kanto is really quite boring even if i do love a lot of the gen 1 pokemon/gym leaders/etc....

Years
The anime was my first introduction to the series. Got into the TCG on the first day the base set came out (my 7th birthday), and then got into the games a few years later.

Emerald is #1 because of the Battle Frontier, but HeartGold is a close second. Diamond and Pearl are easily at the bottom of my list.

Gen 8. I mean, I would take both, but if Sinnoh remakes don't happen, it won't bother me.

Treecko is my favorite first stage, and Empoleon is my favorite fully evolved starter. I guess Turtwig would be my least favorite, though I don't have a strong opinion on it either way.

Gen 4 brought the series into the future, Gen 3 had my favorite game, but if we're talking about everything as a whole (games, anime, TCG, etc.), then Gen 2 was my favorite. Gen 6 is my least favorite, not because it was bad, but we were left hanging on a lot of stuff as they rushed towards Gen 7.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years

1.From watching animes on RTL2 (So yeah anime)
2.Fav Pokemon red/Fire red, Gold, Crystal, Heartgold, least fav silver since i first played it first in fan translated version, black, yellow, let's go pikachu (need i say more?)
3.Both
4a.Fav - Female Charmander, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, female Chikorita, Chimchar, Turtwig, female Snivy, Tepig, Frokie (sp), Fennekin, Popplio
4b.Least fav - Rowlet, Tododile
5.Fav 1st (despite it's glitches and sad music - Pewter city/Pokemon tower) and 2nd gen, Least fav 5 gen

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
1. I have no idea actually. My aunt was a Pokemon fan and I used to play with her a lot when I was a really young kid, like 2 years old. And basically, Pokemon have been here with me literally for as long as I can remember.

2. My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Emerald, followed by MD: Explorers of sky. My least favorite game is Pokemon Rumble U. Like, I'm wondering how they managed to make that garbage.

3. I want both. Call me a GameFreak apologist or whatever (I really wanted National Dex in Sword/shield by the way), but the situation has spiraled out of control and I just wish people would stop this endless stream of hate already.

4. My favorite starter is Mudkip, I think mostly due to it being my very first Pokemon ever. I do really like Rowlet as well. As for my least favorite, it's Tepig and its evolution line.

5. Gen 3 all the way. Before getting my very first game, I was a Pokemon fan through TCG and Anime, but this was what really pulled me in and never let me go. I also really liked Gen 4, that is when I was the most invested in Pokemon. As for my least favorite... I don't really dislike any, but I find Gen 5 and 6 to be quite forgettable for me.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
1. The games. Pokémon Red/Blue.
2. Favourite: FireRed.
3. Not really interested in any of them, to be honest.
4. Favourite: Ivysaur.
5. Even though I liked the remakes of Gen I, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald didn't appeal to me at all and killed my interest in new Pokémon past the first 251. So I guess Gen III is my favourite and my least favourite.

Years
1: I honestly don't know what got me into Pokemon, I've been playing since I was three
2: Favourite would be either Emerald or Platinum, and least favourite would be probably FR/LG, since they get old so fast, I can barely get through the game anymore
3: I want Sinnoh remakes, but specifically of Platinum. I want to see the Distortion world in 3d
4: My favourite starter would have to be Bulbasaur, probably. I love all the grass starters, but Bulbasaur is the best. And for least favourite, it would have to be Popplio. I don't dislike any starters, but Popplio is the one I can never see myself choosing.
5: My favourite gen would have to be Gen III. It was my first generation of pokemon, and the one I still play all the time. My least favourite would have to be gen V, because I remember being ridiculously disappointed in the lack of classic Pokemon in White. I love the games still, and they have one of the best stories, but my first impression hit hard

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
The TCG, definitely. :)

Umm.. Favorite would be Silver or Y, least favorite would probably be Emerald?

Gen 8, for sure. No offense to Sinnoh, it's great and all, but I'm hungry for new stuff. :)

Good question! Favorite would probably be.. Fennekin or Rowlet. Least favorite is Chimchar, I guess.

I'm at a crossroads between Johto and Kalos. Both are fantastic, imo. Least favorite gen is 3rd for me though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Literally every kid in school lol. Suddenly the TCG was everywhere. I still remember begging for a card, and the first one I ever was given by a boy who took pity on me, was a Psychic Energy card.

I don't much enjoy the Alola games, and I can't really completely love gen 6, even though there are many good things with it. My favorite games are probably Platinum and Crystal. Honorable mention to Ruby for hatelove - I think gen 3 is sucky compared to gen 2 in many ways, but at the same time the gameplay is so smooth compared to gen 4 (gen 5 thankfully fixed it tho) so it is really fun to play. Actually yeah I loved Ruby a lot.

I really would like Sinnoh remakes :) Include all pokémon generations though, in the postgame, even if only the original pokédex is present in the first run. Kind of like in Black/White! Alternatively, make a whole new plot and set it in Sinnoh. Have Arceus play an actual part, and have Giratina come back somehow.

I fail to see the point or attraction of Snivy at all. My favorite is possibly still Charmander, but tons of other starters come close, such as Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Chimchar, Chespin and Torchic. Grookey could be a new fav too!

I think Gen 2 overall has to be my favorite. Least fav... Gen 6, sorry.

Years
Ooh, this is fun!

1. What got you into Pokémon? Classmates in elementary school. iirc, grade 3? I had just moved to the US from Russia, and it helped me learn English. =')
2. What is your favorite and least favorite Pokémon games? Have several favorites: RSE, ORAS, BW, and GSC. Don't have any least favorites. 👍
3. Do you want Gen 8, Sinnoh remakes, or both? Both! Though Sinnoh remakes a bit more, since I miss the days where I spent hundreds of hours playing haha. But perhaps I'll do the same for Sword & Shield as well.
4. What is your favorite and least favorite starter? Uhh favorite starters are actually hard to choose since I like many of them. Fennekin and Chespin are probably #1, but I also adore Bulbasaur and Squirtle...and all the Johto starters, lol. Least favorite idk. I'm very positive when it comes to Pokémon.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite gen? Unova and Hoenn yesss! Least favorite, see above

Years
Interesting questions!

1. What got you into Pokemon?
tbh, I don't remember. All I can remember is watching the anime and the next thing I know, I can identify the first 386 pokemon by appearance. and then by age 7(?), I had a friend who also likes pokemon. he even had ruby in which I played enthusiastically since I've never played the games (my parents never bought 'em :( ). but by the next year someone did bought me a pokemon game. I can't remember whether it was FireRed or Emerald but all I know is that it was one of those.

Favorite must be Pokemon Emerald. I can't remember how much time I've dedicated to exploring and replaying that game. love it <3

I'd go with both. I've never shied away from a Pokemon game. (well, except, Let's Go! still hasn't played that... ehem). I'd love to also replay Sinnoh but tbf, Platinum is already 9/10.

Favorite is Squirtle. (best kanto starter dont @ me.) and least favorite must be chikorita. i mean its cute but eh

my favorites must be (yes, they're two haha) gen 3 and 5. Gen 3 gave me the most unforgettable childhood (and to some extent, teenage years too since I used to rom hack). Gen 5 just gave the most thrilling and relaxing story I've seen in a Pokemon game. it even has a sequel too!! and don't get me started with the music ahhhh

icycatelf

Alex
Years

Classmates talking about it and showing off their merch. got me interested. This was around the time the First Movie's theatrical release was being advertised.

I'm torn between GSC and HGSS for my favorite. I love that Pokémon could follow you in HGSS and a bigger roster of Pokémon to choose from is never a bad thing, but those GBC graphics are so nostalgic! I also miss Mystery Gifting for room decorations. My least favorite games (at least from the core series) are probably SMUSM. There were bits that I liked, but I find myself struggling to find reasons to continue playing them besides just trying to spend time with my precious 'mons.

I'm more interested in seeing new Pokémon. I think it would be cool to see Sinnoh revamped too, though.

If evolutions count, Wartortle is my favorite and Marshtomp may be my least favorite. Just counting the basics, I think Oshawott and Froakie would be my favorite and least favorite, respectively. I also like Chikorita a lot, being my first starter from the games, but its anatomy starts looking weird if I look at it too long...

This would coincide with my favorite and least favorite game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 10, 2019

I was watching TV before school one morning, when I happened to flip to a channel that was airing an episode of Pokemon. I was awestruck because I'd never seen anything like it.

My favorite games are XY. I love the sheer variety of Pokemon you can catch in these games. I can't remember a single route where I didn't find at least one Pokemon that I was excited to have on my team.

My least favorite games... Unpopular opinion but probably Diamond & Pearl. I remember disliking a lot of the Pokemon designs in that gen when it first came out, and even questioning whether or not I wanted to stay in the Pokemon fandom.

Well we're getting Gen 8 so that question kind of answers itself!

My favorite starter is a tie between Litten and Scorbunny. I love cats and bunnies, and I love fire-types, so I see it as an absolute win. Least favorite... hmm... there are none that immediately spring to mind.

Favorite Gen in terms of actual gameplay and Pokemon variety would be Gen 6. But my favorite Gen in terms of characters and story would be Gen 7.

Back