• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Hello great people of Pokecommunity! This is the thread for my new completed hack: Pokemon Outlaw.
I am Crizzle, also known by others as Chris Rose.(Neither is my real name). Please give it a chance and do not give me too hard of a time if the hack completely sucks.

Introduction:
Pokemon Outlaw is not like most of the hacks here. This not a story of some brand new region with yet another 10 year old kid setting out the explore the world. (Do any of you guys feel that 10 years old is too young to go out by yourself in a world full of dangerous super-powered creatures?) Nor is this some story of some overpowered grunt of some criminal team.
This is a story of a 15 year old orphan who is homeless and resides in the slums. This is about his rise to greatness in the Pokemon world.
The world in this game is one that should be familiar to most of you. It is Kanto, the world of Pokemon FireRed. There are some significant differences in the maps(new places/building, some places that I hate removed) but it is FireRed's Kanto. I did this not because I'm a worthless lazy punk(though it is true) but because I love FireRed/LeafGreen and I love the GBA pokemon generation more than any other Pokemon game(though ORAS is pretty awsum).
The biggest difference is the people(NPC's) of Kanto. It's hard to explain but the people are cruder, funnier, more violent, stranger and much more interesting(in my opinion) than those of FireRed.

WARNING: This game has a lot of jokes in it, some(most?) of it may be interpreted as very offensive. I'm not a hateful jerk or a sick person(At least i don't think I am). Some(Many?) of the characters in this world are. But I am not, please do not be offended. If the type that's easily offended, this game may not be for you. I did make a serious effort to abstain from foul language in this hack. If it was a movie, Outlaw may be PG-13. Quentin Tarantino said that it was OK for 12 year-olds to watch Kill Bill(great movie), so I guess kids can play this hack.
Some will think Outlaw as a comedy, others as a maybe a coming of age story, and for others as pure crap.

Features-
Ehh nothing special.
Different starter Pokemon(I won't tell you who, play the game to find out.)
Tons of funny new dialogue(or offensive boring crap)
Slums(poor people/crime areas) in many of Kanto's major cities.
No crappy Mt.Moon or boring Viridian Forest.
Major twist in Pokemon League that's totally awesome. (Won't tell you what. Play the game, loser).
Best parts of FireRed still kept in game but changed to keep it somewhat fresh.
Romantic relationship(sort-of).
You can use running shoes inside buildings? LOL.(I know that's not an impressive feature and that I'm a loser and horrible person).
You're a true outlaw. You don't take sides like a coward. You take on the Government, the Police, Team Rocket, Silph Co and powers beyond the comprehension of human intelligence.

What's NOT in the game:
Anything after Gen 3: I know what you're thinking. I don't hate Gen 4, Gen 5 or any of the newer stuff. I just love the old school stuff more. Please don't kill me.
Female character: I'm not a misogynist, okay. But I took off the female character because my story was one of a guy. And making to alternative stories for both genders would have been a hassle. So it ultimately boils down to me be lazy and worthless.
Fishing: I HATE fishing. I had a bad experience with it once and... I don't want to talk about it, okay?
Sevii Islands: If you want those, play FireRed. My hack ain't bout dat.(Intentional misspelling)

Pokemon:
Mostly Kanto(Gen 1) Pokemon in wild. But you can obtain Gen 2 and 3 Pokemon throughout the game. Also you'll battle tons of later gen Pokemon(especially later in the game).

Screenshotz (you need 12 of them right?):
screencap3_zpsdnxq2ody.png
screencap1_zpsk9kxcfbl.png
screencap7_zpsplpt7gon.png

screenshot2_zpsocz1bqas.png
screenshot12_zpsasf40z21.png
screencap11_zpsufu7ptij.png

screencap10_zpsygzakhig.png
screencap9_zpsorhwlyok.png
screencap8_zpsmgepqi2p.png

screencap6png_zps6bnksrrv.png
screencap5_zpscyarrus6.png
screencap4_zpssczdilqt.png

This was just the tame stuff.

Bugs:
There may/may not be some typos. This was a one-man job, and being human I may have made a mistake or two. That said, I've tested this game thoroughly and didn't find anything. Also, there are many intentional misspellings in the game that are not bugs.
Credits at the end are totally messed up. Not bothering to fix it. Everyone hates credits anyway.
There may/may not be a bug at final battle of the game. I don't think there is. But if anybody cares to play that far in the game, give me a heads up.
Go to Celadon before you go to Fuchsia. And if you ignore that, please use the underground path(for the first time) on route 7/route 8, on the route 8 side(Lavender) to head to route 7(Celadon) and not the other way around. Do not sneak up on your rival from behind in that underground path. He will freeze the game, he's such a douchebag. I'm too lazy to fix it. I might have to do it, but please don't make me do it.
If you find anything else(assuming anyone cares), please tell me.

Why you should play this game:
1. It's funneh, dood.
2. It's completed. No getting invested into the game and then having to wait for the next update in order to complete it. Then finding out the the creator is way too busy with school or work and is dropping the project.
3. There are no complex crap features that lead to game breaking glitches/crashes and tons of disappointment.
4. This is a Pokemon game, you (person on PC) have an unhealthy obsession with all things Pokemon. Just play the freaking game, don't think about. just do it.
5. (Ignore this one if you're a girl) Your mother/sister/girlfriend(whichever is least offensive to you) told me in bed last night that this was the best hack of all-time and she will cut off all ties with you if you don't download it and play it to it completion.

Banners
For those of you who care, Here's a banner that you can use to show support made by Corazon(previously known as Caramel-O):
3279728366_1_2_QGObfWTq.jpg

Awards-
LOL, as if that would ever happen!

Worst Hack Evur(2015) from Everyone on the Planet (this is a joke. At least I hope it's a joke. Perhaps it's prophesy.)

Reviewed by a few decent Youtube guys, including Haydunn! Also shout out to SacredFire, BanditPineapple and xChampionRedx! It's not an award but who cares!

Download-
Check the attachments for the UPS patch. Use a clean FireRed ROM( who knows where to find one of those? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I recommend using Tsukuyomi UPS or some other UPS patcher to patch to this ROM.
REMEMBER TO READ(at least skim) ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY!

Also check out OPERATIONiDROIDfor Pokemon Outlaw. He put it on his website and he has a youtube vid helping people with GBAforiOS play. It's REALLY helpful.

Here's the download link(for .ups patch on mediafire)- http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6a2oxn3u1fwdbn/Pokemon+Outlaw%2C+a+FireRed+hack.zip

Note: This hack may(or may not) also be posted on some other places.(maybe Romhack.me, maybe PokemonHackersOnline, perhaps even Reddit). but PC gets it first because PC is super awesome.

Shoutout to my cousin from Florida, he got the game before anyone else.

Feel free to tell me how horrible(or not horrible) this hack is. Feel free to spew obscenities at me and tell me how awful a person I am(though it may be against forum rules).

Thank you and if you need any help or are stuck in the game, then I can definitely help.

UPDATE: NEW Patch. It fixes evolution problem from before. Pokemon that used to evolve by trade now evolve by Moon Stone!

Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Looks cool. I like that there's no wild or crazy new features that might turn into a problem down the road and that the game is complete. I'll definitely play it at some point this summer. Thanks for releasing it.

Edit 1: I'm assuming I'll need to patch to a Fire Red 1.0 rom?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Looks cool. I like that there's no wild or crazy new features that might turn into a problem down the road and that the game is complete. I'll definitely play it at some point this summer. Thanks for releasing it.

Edit 1: I'm assuming I'll need to patch to a Fire Red 1.0 rom?

You've assumed correctly.(90% sure)
You've probably assumed correctly.
Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong on that.

Thanks for replying, friend.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I really like this! ^^

Nice to see some new, not-so-serious substance in a hack. Reminds me of my other project...

anyway, I'm just finished compiling VBA-M on my Linux install, so I'll play it! If I see any problems I'll let you know. :b

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
Wow this is my first comment and I'm glad its on such a great hack! Can't wait to play it!!!!!!

Years
i'll download it and play it because it's completed. I'll let you know later if I like it or if I get stuck somewhere. =)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 14, 2022
whenever i press start it just opens with a white screeen can anyone help?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
whenever i press start it just opens with a white screeen can anyone help?

That shouldn't happen. I've tested this hack quite often and that has never happen.
It may be your emulator. i recommend VBA or MyBoy. I know for a fact that Outlaw works on those.

Perhaps it was the ROM you patched, it has to be a clean(never used or modified before) FireRed ROM. Try patching it with another FireRed ROM from another source.

If this problem occurs with anyone else, please inform me of it.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
This is an amazing hack. Why didn't you had reusable TM's?

I prefer normal TMs. It's more of a challenge and it makes the player value his/her move decisions more.
Thanks for the compliment, though.

I love that I can double post legally here.

Years
This hack was brilliant, i`ve never laughed as much playing a hack as i have with this one.

Amazing job I hope to play many more like this, 5/5 my friend

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Wow it's great to see a fully completed hack uploaded! I'll download and play it when I get a chance. I should come back and review it but I'm pretty forgetful! Anyway I love the current sprite for the protagonist

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
this game is taking a hell lot of time bcuz i cant seem to stop laughing at the jokes .. brilliant concept there. Not so special yet original. great work dude!

PS: And yeah, Joy is too sexy, i think you should make joy flaunt about herself. :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Hey crizzle, can u play this on mac? And if u can. Do u have directions on how to download and play it?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
first trainer battle in route 1 very unfair if u chose
Spoiler:

LOL, very true. I probably should have mentioned that in my main post.
To help people out, if you go to Red's house(original main character house) and go upstairs, there's a rare candy stored in the PC(the only reason I decided to keep that house in the game). I put it there to make testing easier for myself but I guess I should have mentioned it in the main thread, lol.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Back