• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake Card Tutorials

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Sorry for the delay. I had a lot of school work to take care of. I now have some free time on my hands. It will be merged with the tutorial threads.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just sticky it.

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
Years
Quick Card Making Tutorial and other tutorials I have made

The Quick Card Making Tutorial

This tutorial's purpose is to make cards faster than normal. Only when you have already made a card that is. Let's start already. Note that this tutorial is made for Photoshop Users.

We will make a Dark Dragonite card for this Tutorial, just for an example.

Step 1:
First of. Open your recently made card that is similar to your upcoming new card (If the energy symbols of the new card are similar or used by a recent card or something Etc). Make sure that the placements are correct on the recent card (Used Fangking's Tutorials and such). Let's open my Dark Tyranitar Card as an example shall we?

Figure 1

DarkTyranitarsamplecard.png

Step 2:
Open your card blank. Let's open a Rocket Style Dark Stage 2 card for this tutorial.

Figure 2

adv-dark-dark-trr-s2sample.jpg

Step 3:

> On the recent card
Select the Layer of the Name (With the Move Tool, right click on the Name and select the Layer of the Name. Or simply select the Layer with the Layers Window) Now with the Rectangular Marquee tool. Right Click and Select 'Duplicate Layer...' and duplicate the layer onto the card blank.

> On the Card Blank
Not look at it. The name should be there sitting in the blank like this:

Figure 3

adv-dark-dark-trr-s2sample2.png

If you haven't seen the recent card's name in the blank, try again or set the arrangement to 'Bring to Front' or something.

Step 4:
Do this with the other useful symbols and texts like Id, #, Illus., Damage, Atk name, HP, etc. (Repeat Step 3 but do this with the other useful symbols and texts instead of the name.)

You will end up with something like this:

Figure 4

adv-dark-dark-trr-s2sample3paint.png

Step 5:
Now add the other symbols and texts that the card still needs. After that. Move and Edit all the things that are needed to be changed.

This Should be your situation right now...

Figure 5

DarkDragoniteSpnonholosamplenoncomp.png

Step 6:
Now all you need to do is to slap in your pic and poof! You have finished your Card!

Click Here to see the Finished Product

Tutorial Advantages:

You will avoid doing some hard and grueling steps like adjusting the width etc.
You have done your card quickly! Do this if you're in a hurry or something.

Hope this Tutorial Helps. I will also post some other tutorials that I made like 'How to put your pic to your card Tutorial' or something.

Feel Free to ask questions or to give other comments or suggestions.

This Tutorial can also be posted on Zeo and on Serebii. Credit me if used on another site or ask permission to me Via PM.

:5: XD XD XD XD XD

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
Years
Blennix said:
knowing that, that is a tutorial those cards have some errors on them, i would advise that u fix those errors up :)

Yeah, you're right. I would like to advice everyone to check your recent card before using the tutorial. :D

Dark Venusaur said:
Wow I never thought that it was that simple. Thanks for the lesson.

:t003: Dark Venusaur

Yes, it's that simple. *message too short XD* Thanks for 'd comment.

:5:

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
I would merge this, but I have a problem with this tutorial. It doesn't really go into placement. With this tutorial, one would assume that placement doesn't matter and they could put the text in different spots and the symbols in the wrong spot. Oh sure, they know where it goes, but it would have perfect placement unless you specify what the placement for stuff is. It's still a good tutorial though.

10/10 for Dark Dragonite though. :P

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
This is in fact an old Fangking strategy, but not one that I ever deemed worthy of devoting writing time to :) It cuts time massively, which is only an advantage.

This is very very useful and I advise all fakers to follow it. But please ensure that the card you're using as a base is flawless (see Fangking card making tutorial! Haha).

10/10 and the Fangking seal of approval. All fakers should use this.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2006
When i go to get the Fake Card Materials on PPN it wont load the page for the acc. (like the energys and stuff) but i can get the rest of the site to load

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
can someone tell me:
why oh why is this happening:
I cannot allways move sth what I want (text, energy symbol...) for 1 pixel up\down\left\right, but I have to move it for 2 pixels.
whhhhhy?!?!?

i'm working in Adobe PS2.
and it was supposed to be smart.
what is his problem?
why doesn't he want to move freakin text for 1 pixel?!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Are you zoomed in at at least 100% pixels or closer? If you're zoomed out, it has a tendency to skip pixels when moving an object. Also, are you dragging it or tapping the keyboard? Keyboard gives greater precision

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
just reading this tutorial...

are you guys sure that:
power name (basic) is 20 pixels right of the "power" symbol
and that power name (stage 1\2) is 10 pixels right of the "power" symbol

when I look at the real cards, it seems that the distance is the same for basic and stage Pokémon. The only difference is that the stage ones are shifted to the right. (but no distance change)

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years

i've looked at a lot of cards just to check.
there's a same distance between the symbol and the power name
for basics and evolutions as well.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I've noticed this is true on newer cards. Older cards were basically equivalent to my wording, but it appears to have since changed. Thank you for highlighting this :)

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
i've looked at it even more closely
and it seems that there's no special rule where Power names start.

I was comparing it with "Evolves from...".
Most of the times, Power name starts where "m" starts.
sometimes it's somewhere about "o"
and sometimes after "m"

so, it seems that not even the card creators care where to put Power names,
so I guess it's not that important (although, it can have sth to do with the font size of the effects; or with the length of the name)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Their vertical placement also seems to vary as well as horizontal. Evidently they don't care much. Never mind. I like to have at least some rule to work from :) Thank you for your input.

Back