• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornado

Shooting Star
Years
^ Im not an expect by any means, but that looks like a tileset problem. Have you altered them?

Im having trouble with my Emerald hack (Yet again...)
This time, the music seems to have gotten a metallic sound to it. I havent tried anything to do with the music but now it sounds like its come from Gold or Silver.

Restart Rom time?

Bug Catcher 11

I looked at the FR/LG title hack thread in the tutorials section but i cant get the pokemon pic i want for the title screen to change into a tilemap. I think im doing it completely wrong......can someone help me?

Last edited:

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Well, after a brief search I couldn't find anything, so forgive me if this has been asked already.

In a nutshell, I am wondering how one would go about making custom multichoice menus. And besides that, how do you make new/custom items, decorations, etc.

Basically, I'm wondering how you customize or add new (for lack of a better word) objects into the hack. I know there isn't a "tell-all" solution for this, but if I could know how to make multi-choice menus (or a work around, at least), I would be much obliged.

I have many other questions, but that is the most pressing for me at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
^ Im not an expect by any means, but that looks like a tileset problem. Have you altered them?

Im having trouble with my Emerald hack (Yet again...)
This time, the music seems to have gotten a metallic sound to it. I havent tried anything to do with the music but now it sounds like its come from Gold or Silver.

Restart Rom time?

I have done everything exactly like the tutorial told me to do. And yet I keep getting those results.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay, I fixed my old problem by Dowloading the new A-Map(I had 1.91 xD). Now this warp in a cave just restarts my game, any ideas?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Does anyone know how to normaly edit the Castform sprite?

Well, you have to edit each individual section of the sprite. The sprite is 4 sprites long (If you have ever seen it, and so if you edit the whole thing that would work... Unfortunately, If you have to repoint the sprite, I think the ASM script that controls Castform will no longer work, so make sure the new sprite set is smaller or equal size.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Quick question:

I tried deleting a cut bush from a map and that instead replaced the cut bush with a trainer from the map. This has happened before so I just deleted all person events after the ID of the bush and remade them. It didn't work so I recoded all of the trainers and events with new offsets. Now the bush and the other events are working fine, but the trainer that originally replaced the bush (part of a double battle) is glitched and freezes my game into a purple screen whenever I walking into her line of sight. Her double battle partner works okay, but you have to talk to him to start the battle instead of just walking in front of him.

If you beat them by talking to the guy, then the girl disappears and when you walk into where she would be, she reappears. When you walk in front of her, the game freezes again.

Anyone know the problem?

Okay so I fixed the problem by moving the problem character event into the trees and hiding it but I'm still wondering why this happens. This has happened quite a bit when I add/delete events on maps.

Is is just a random glitch that always appears?

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in >>EMERALD<<...
The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).
This is what I do:
First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.
Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.
Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, but I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.
What am I doing wrong!?Does Sprite inserting works differend in Emerald or something?
I know Emerald has bigger sprites, but I've tried inserting 128x64 and 64x128 sprites too.
It just doesn't seem to do anything.

Secondly,
Is there a way to edit the Trainer Battle intro's?
I want to change the big "Team Aqua Logo" that you see when a battle starts, to a "Team Rocket Logo".
The pictures aren't in unLZ, right? (I've searched through, but I'm not sure if it's L77T compressed (or something)).

And lastly (an easier one): How does a "map Script" work in advancemap?
I've tried just putting a regular script at the offset, and then experiment around with the Script Type (like 03 on entering map/menu close and all those things), but the screen just goes black, or nothing happens at all.
How can I, lets say, make the player jump as soon as he enters the map?

Thanks in advance!

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Well, after a brief search I couldn't find anything, so forgive me if this has been asked already.

In a nutshell, I am wondering how one would go about making custom multichoice menus. And besides that, how do you make new/custom items, decorations, etc.

Basically, I'm wondering how you customize or add new (for lack of a better word) objects into the hack. I know there isn't a "tell-all" solution for this, but if I could know how to make multi-choice menus (or a work around, at least), I would be much obliged.

I have many other questions, but that is the most pressing for me at the moment.

I could really use some help here...

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
And lastly (an easier one): How does a "map Script" work in advancemap?
I've tried just putting a regular script at the offset, and then experiment around with the Script Type (like 03 on entering map/menu close and all those things), but the screen just goes black, or nothing happens at all.
How can I, lets say, make the player jump as soon as he enters the map?

Thanks in advance!
A map script is a Level script. The reason why it's not working is because you have to add setvar to the end of the script. Make sure to use a free variable, though.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2009
Where do i get PkmnADV database installer?

Where do i get PkmnADV database installer? or, is there an easier way to create & use scripts in Advance Map? Also, i cannot get to "Map Header" to do things in-A-mapping like in some Youtube tuts.Also, I am hacking Emerald,an im doin it legally, too.

Btw i need to attach a new map to a city but can't.

Help me! Im drowning in Hex code and scripts!!!

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Could someone post a STEP-BY-STEP tutorial to put wild pokemon data back in the
Safari Zone in Pokemon Gold/Silver? (preferably in Score_Under's PKSV)
It probably can't be done in PKSV, because PKSV is a scripting tool and not a wild Pokémon editor. Try opening the ROM in a hex editor.

Starting at offset 0x02AB35 is a list of wild Pokémon and their locations, in the following format:
[2‐byte map number]
[wild Pokémon ratio morn][wild Pokémon ratio day][wild Pokémon ratio nite]
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (morn)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (day)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (nite)

The list continues this way until you reach a FF for the first byte, which signifies the end of the list.

So replacing a two‐byte map number with the Safari Zone's map number (0350 in Gold) should make wild Pokémon appear in that map. If you don't want to overwrite one location you can always repoint the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back