• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The Promised Neverland

Years
I just watched the first episode of this. Holy shit it's really good. Is anybody else watching? Or did you read the manga? Let's talk about this show here.

Please remember to put spoilers in spoilers when discussing.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I've read most of the manga up til 100s a few months back then stopped. The first arc is beyond any other first arc I've read in shonen, didn't need superpowered battles either. The reason for this is I heard was that the writer Kaiu Shirai planned out his manga for a long time, I think a few years?, because he wanted it not to fail or something. And that's why the arc is so well thought out. After that it goes to really good to fluctuating to good to decent to boring. The manga is decent but now that they're back to the weekly writing and illustrating, it's not at its peak anymore. Which is why I stopped reading for now.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Didn't get to the anime (mostly because I prefer manga) , but my roommate watched it and liked it. I am caught up to date with the manga, and I basically share the same sentiments as strangerhypno. I think the pace is picking up again, so maybe that'll give people some motivation to read.

Years
I just googled it and it seems so incredibly interesting!

I'll definitely have to add it to my watching list! ^-^

Years
just saw the latest episode and holy crap the suspense

Spoiler:

Years
one of the best anime of the season imo. hooked with the suspense ever since i first watched it and it was so awesome seeing
Spoiler:

Years
I love this show, I picked up the opening last Wednesday, and umm borrowed a bookmark I found laying around the teacher's office of the show's characters. Haven't seen much merchandise for it at Animate yet, just Gatchapon stuff :(

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
up to ep8

Spoiler:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I've read the entirety of the manga to date and I've gotta say that they've done a tremendous job with the anime adaption to this point.

Years
Well then

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • U.S.
  • Seen Sep 15, 2023
Ok so I'm caught up with this show now, and all I can say is, wow, this adaptation does not fail to impress me.
Spoiler:

Back