• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 13, 2021
I did, the full list is near the top of the Pokemon Changes document. Generally weaker Pokemon level up faster than others, and a few Pokemon like Milotic require more exp than usual to prevent them from breaking the later parts of the game. The fluctuating group is gone entirely because of how awful it becomes past level 50.

Oh I see. I suggest you look at all the Pokemon in the "slow" experience group and put anything <570 BST into medium slow. For example, Clawitzer is for some reason in the slow group, and it's really bad until you reach the move tutor. Here's a quick list I made for vanilla BST. You can see it just avoids all the legendaries.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11BomiC0k5Q1MqeMA22W0Bxt0d1pXPoMJcAuTbKHkKcs/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Oh I see. I suggest you look at all the Pokemon in the "slow" experience group and put anything <570 BST into medium slow. For example, Clawitzer is for some reason in the slow group, and it's really bad until you reach the move tutor. Here's a quick list I made for vanilla BST. You can see it just avoids all the legendaries.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11BomiC0k5Q1MqeMA22W0Bxt0d1pXPoMJcAuTbKHkKcs/edit?usp=sharing

There are definitely quite a few mons in that group that shouldn't be there, but making changes solely based on BST wouldn't be a good way to do it IMO. Volcarona for example absolutely belongs in that group, but it has a lower BST than Arcanine. I'll keep it in mind if I update EXWY again at some point, though!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Hey, I've really enjoyed playing this so far.

I've encountered one bug in Team Flare's Secret HQ. During the first double battle, an Arcanine attacked (Will-o-wisp) it's teammate. I'm playing Eternal X, Rebalanced Insanity.

Also, do you know anything about wild pokemon mega-evolving? It surprised me the first time it happened
EDIT: This seems to only happen when I switch in a pokemon with a mega-stone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I've really enjoyed playing this so far.

I've encountered one bug in Team Flare's Secret HQ. During the first double battle, an Arcanine attacked (Will-o-wisp) it's teammate. I'm playing Eternal X, Rebalanced Insanity.

Also, do you know anything about wild pokemon mega-evolving? It surprised me the first time it happened
EDIT: This seems to only happen when I switch in a pokemon with a mega-stone.

Hey, good to hear you've enjoyed the hack so far.

Both of the Team Flare members in that battle have the right AI setting for a double battle, so that's just Game Freak's dodgy AI causing that. I'd have to remove Will-O-Wisp from every double battle to fix it, which isn't something I'm likely to do (I'd have to go through the trainer files for all eight versions and that'd be pretty tedious). Thanks for reporting it anyway though!

Wild Pokemon holding their mega stone can mega evolve in XY, though that was fixed in ORAS IIRC. It doesn't seem to cause any problems with capturing them, but it is a bit weird, which is why most of the mega stones are in stores rather than being held by wild mons.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
I've finished the game now and the level curve was quite nice. The only grinding I did was 2/3 runs through Le Yeah after Clemont's gym. I finished with a team of five from Lv 78-86.

There were a few trainers in Victory Road who had pokemon that attacked their teammates, just in case it's not the faulty AI.

Overall I thought that the boss trainers were a good challenge, and the non 1v1's usually took me a few tries to figure out a strategy (I didn't use the documentation). I found that Drasna's scarfed Hydreigon is pretty easy to set up on, just lead with a dragon to bait out dragon pulse, then switch into a fairy type, set up, and sweep. This seems to be a limitation of the AI (it never switches immediately, allowing me to get 2 Nasty Plots off), so maybe make her lead with something else? I enjoyed the different battle types; it often made for more challenging battles.

Is there any way to obtain Mewtwonite Y in EX?

The new typing and abilities were also nice, though I thought that there were a few too many new fairy types. Also some of them seem a bit overpowered (Strong Jaw Luxray, Drought Ninetales). It was a lot of fun to play.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've finished the game now and the level curve was quite nice. The only grinding I did was 2/3 runs through Le Yeah after Clemont's gym. I finished with a team of five from Lv 78-86.

There were a few trainers in Victory Road who had pokemon that attacked their teammates, just in case it's not the faulty AI.

Overall I thought that the boss trainers were a good challenge, and the non 1v1's usually took me a few tries to figure out a strategy (I didn't use the documentation). I found that Drasna's scarfed Hydreigon is pretty easy to set up on, just lead with a dragon to bait out dragon pulse, then switch into a fairy type, set up, and sweep. This seems to be a limitation of the AI (it never switches immediately, allowing me to get 2 Nasty Plots off), so maybe make her lead with something else? I enjoyed the different battle types; it often made for more challenging battles.

Is there any way to obtain Mewtwonite Y in EX?

The new typing and abilities were also nice, though I thought that there were a few too many new fairy types. Also some of them seem a bit overpowered (Strong Jaw Luxray, Drought Ninetales). It was a lot of fun to play.

It seems I changed some of the trainers to double and triple battles and forgot to adjust their AI settings, so that'll be why they're attacking themselves. Thanks for reporting that!

I was hoping that Hydreigon would stop Drasna from being immediately swept by a fast dragon type, but yeah, the AI is pretty bad with choice items so it may be best to change that. Glad you enjoyed the different battle types! I find the AI is a lot more fun to battle in modes where switching is less important, seeing as it isn't very good at that.

I don't think the opposite version Mewtwonite stones are available. They were originally held by Mewtwo, but that made it mega evolve while the player was trying to catch it, which was kinda messy, so I removed them (also Insomnia made it really annoying to catch).

I agree with there being too many new fairies; there are a few too many new fighting types too, as they're both pretty easy types to justify adding to a Pokemon. I probably would have gone with Technician Weavile as an example of overpowered, but yeah, some of those changes were meant to be fun to play with rather than balanced. Good to hear you had fun with the hack!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
another quick lil suggestion:

--Flabebe line--
Their learnset is a bit lacking in STAB. Currently, it's only got Fairy Wind allll the way until lvl 46, where Floette learns Moonblast. If you evolve it before then, you have to wait all the way til beating Valerie [in the 50s] to get Dazzling Gleam, or . I think it could benefit from some stab in between to keep it from falling behind. Maybe drop Petal Blizzard at 33 for Draining Kiss? It'd be a great move for it in general, and would definitely give it some staying power further in the game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 12, 2023
Need to ask, I have trouble getting Hacks to work on 1.2. I always have to uninstall the update data to play.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
Need to ask, I have trouble getting Hacks to work on 1.2. I always have to uninstall the update data to play.

The romhack doesn't support the title updates. It states this both in the initial post [along with a warning that this is why the lumiose save glitch is still present and to avoid saving there], and in the install/citra guide documents. It doesn't play well with the updates, apparently.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 12, 2023
The romhack doesn't support the title updates. It states this both in the initial post [along with a warning that this is why the lumiose save glitch is still present and to avoid saving there], and in the install/citra guide documents. It doesn't play well with the updates, apparently.

To my knowledge, it literally doesnt boot up. Is this a problem just with X and Y/Gen 6 or is it specific to this Rom Hack? Since I swear Sun and Moon can be on the latest update for rom hacks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
another quick lil suggestion:

--Flabebe line--
Their learnset is a bit lacking in STAB. Currently, it's only got Fairy Wind allll the way until lvl 46, where Floette learns Moonblast. If you evolve it before then, you have to wait all the way til beating Valerie [in the 50s] to get Dazzling Gleam, or . I think it could benefit from some stab in between to keep it from falling behind. Maybe drop Petal Blizzard at 33 for Draining Kiss? It'd be a great move for it in general, and would definitely give it some staying power further in the game.
Sure thing, I'll update their learnsets with the next bug fix which should hopefully be ready later today.

To my knowledge, it literally doesnt boot up. Is this a problem just with X and Y/Gen 6 or is it specific to this Rom Hack? Since I swear Sun and Moon can be on the latest update for rom hacks.
It's just a thing with XY, the updates can be edited to work with ORAS and gen 7 with no issues. A few people have tried to get it working, but no one ever got all of the hack's features to work with the update installed.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 12, 2023
It's just a thing with XY, the updates can be edited to work with ORAS and gen 7 with no issues. A few people have tried to get it working, but no one ever got all of the hack's features to work with the update installed.

When it comes to Gen 7 ROM hacking, what files do you need from the V1.2 title update to make it work? Is it just the code.bin or are there more files?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
When it comes to Gen 7 ROM hacking, what files do you need from the V1.2 title update to make it work? Is it just the code.bin or are there more files?
You'll also need any other cro files that have been edited (which will probably mean just the Shop.cro at this stage). All of the important files in the update's "a" folder seem to be the same as the base game, so those can be ignored or replaced if you're building a custom update.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 12, 2023
You'll also need any other cro files that have been edited (which will probably mean just the Shop.cro at this stage). All of the important files in the update's "a" folder seem to be the same as the base game, so those can be ignored or replaced if you're building a custom update.

Ah I see. I just copied the whole "a" folder, all the cros and everything from exefs just to be on the safe side. Also is HackingToolkit3DS a bit rubbish nowadays? It doesnt properly extract Title Update CIAs so I had to use ctrtool instead, but that worked fine.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ah I see. I just copied the whole "a" folder, all the cros and everything from exefs just to be on the safe side. Also is HackingToolkit3DS a bit rubbish nowadays? It doesnt properly extract Title Update CIAs so I had to use ctrtool instead, but that worked fine.
Yeah hacking toolkit's pretty unreliable, I find any version later than v9 doesn't work at all, but some people have no issues with the latest one. Not really sure what's going on with it but it's best to avoid it if possible.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hey! I'm going on a trip next month so I'll be starting another Nuzlocke of this, Eternal X this time. I wanted to run a few questions by you though first, partly because of playing through Photonic Sun since the last time I played.

1. For some of the changes you made in PSPM that aren't in this, do you have plans to bring them over for this as well? The first one to come to mind is Ghost/Normal Shuppet and Banette, and I ask because I saw you brought over the buffed Girafarig set (which I love by the way). On a related note I noticed looking through the documentation that some of the EXWY changes aren't in PSPM, like Poison/Dark Arbok, so I was wondering if you have plans to bring those over also.

2. Is there anywhere in the game to readily get a supply of Ability Capsules? This was really helpful in Photonic Sun for me and just in general I feel like because of the updated abilities you've applied to a lot of Pokemon it'd give players more opportunities to play around with that. In Photonic Sun I actually switched back and forth between Contrary and Strong Jaw Girafarig based on what I needed for a given boss battle, so it strategically helped also.

3. Another item I think would be helpful to have available for purchase somewhere ingame is Honey, with the updated horde encounters with desirable Pokemon such as starters it would definitely be more convenient. I actually did a clause in my previous Nuzlocke where if the horde encounters were sufficiently distinct from the other encounters in an area I could get a horde encounter as well (since in the standard games most horde encounters just yield pre-evolutions of other Pokemon on the route).

4. I read through the thread to catch up on anything I might've missed and I saw you're considering adding some more TMs in place of less viable ones. I thought I would give you some suggestions of TMs to replace since quite a few options occurred to me when I saw that. TM63 Embargo immediately comes to mind, and I'm definitely in agreement with you about replacing Flash.

6. I also was wondering about some move updates. Some of the ones that occur to me are ones from PSPM, like the buff to Water Pulse (especially seeing as Mega Blastoise is potentially one of the first Megas the player can use), but a few others that came to mind for me were just little quality-of-life things like buffing Rock Smash (like with Cut it's needed in the overworld so I feel a buff would be helpful). With Rock Smash a buff to 60 base power for Technician users such as Ambipom, Kricketune, and Breloom has actually been on my mind for a little while now. Another idea of mine was that it could be helpful to add in another physical Fairy type move, I'm at a loss as to what could logically be changed to Fairy type but for the likes of Granbull and Belly Drum Slurpuff it could be a great aid. Alternatively an accuracy buff to Play Rough could be similarly helpful.

7. Massive side note but I love Fur Coat being on Pachirisu now, it's one of my favorite Pokemon so I'm definitely hoping to bend the rules of my Nuzlocke a bit so I can use one. :P

8. I saw you buffed the Big Root, do you have plans for buffs to any other items?

Thanks for your attention to any and all of these! I understand you're busy with another romhack right now so obviously no rush on any of these, don't feel pushed to do them or anything! Thank you either way!

Back