• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
How to change width of this block? Russian words don't fit in it.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 13
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2019
Thank you!! Well usually I don't use AText, I used it only to edit the intro... Anyway, I'll find some free offsets with Hex Workshop and I'll try with one of them...

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
How to change width of this block? Russian words don't fit in it.

I think the width of those boxes are set, but I don't know where. You might have to resort to simply displaying the male or female sign instead of writing out "boy" and "girl". I don't know how A-text does the male and female glyph, but the hex values for both are 0xB5 for the male and 0xB6 for the female, if you're in the mood to use a hex editor.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
It works with 0x800000... But now, how can I find another free offset?

Yes, I edited the intro text with AText, and I always use FSF to find a free offset but if I use a offset founded with FSF, the intro texts are corrupted...

Also dynamic offsets. It will automatically search for free space while compiling.
As such:
#dyn 0x8800000 (The 8 is included like that in PKSV)
#org @offset

(Create script)

blue

gucci
Years
Having trouble with music again, I've created my own Custom Leaders and when battling them it plays the Leader theme no problem but when I try and create rematches for the exsisting Leaders in FR so Brock, Misty, Sabrina etc it just plays the normal trainer tune. I don't know whether I've altered something with the settings but it's like this Music: 1 Unknown: 1 (That's the same for the Custom Leaders) then the Trainer Class is Leader and the Money Rate is 10 but for others it's 25, I don't know what's going wrong really.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
In firered is there any way to stop items from being deleted on use? I want to make the TMs work like in B/W along with having some form changing items(using evolution items to do this).

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Hey, I've got a question!

In Fire Red, I'm doing some simple hacking by keeping most of the rom intact, aside from the messages and sprites and such. So I'm wondering where the script for the opening with Professor Oak is stored and where you can adjust the suggested names for you and your rival.

And another question: Before I knew about how the rom handles space, I made a message too long and it messed things up. So now the sequence with Oak, you and your Rival has a few wrong lines running through it. Nothing I probably won't be able to solve by getting into the script and editing the messages, but I can't seem to find the right script. So if anyone could tell me where the script for this is stored, that would be great! Just to be clear: It's the scene right before you're allowed to pick a Pokémon. And for that matter, picking the Pokémon itself has a messed up message in it too, so where is that stored?

Thanks in advance!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey, I've got a question!

In Fire Red, I'm doing some simple hacking by keeping most of the rom intact, aside from the messages and sprites and such. So I'm wondering where the script for the opening with Professor Oak is stored and where you can adjust the suggested names for you and your rival.

And another question: Before I knew about how the rom handles space, I made a message too long and it messed things up. So now the sequence with Oak, you and your Rival has a few wrong lines running through it. Nothing I probably won't be able to solve by getting into the script and editing the messages, but I can't seem to find the right script. So if anyone could tell me where the script for this is stored, that would be great! Just to be clear: It's the scene right before you're allowed to pick a Pokémon. And for that matter, picking the Pokémon itself has a messed up message in it too, so where is that stored?

Thanks in advance!

You don't really have to search for it. You can just double click on the sprite (assuming you linked a script editor to the Advance Map program) to edit it and compile it to a new offset.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Well that's the thing. The script is on neither Oak, the rival, the Pokéballs or even the the script that stops you from walking into the grass when you leave Pallet Town and guides you into the lab. And it's not like I'm reading past it, because I copied the scripts linked to those events and replaced them with the scripts of an unhacked Fire Red. So yeah... Where is it?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Well that's the thing. The script is on neither Oak, the rival, the Pokéballs or even the the script that stops you from walking into the grass when you leave Pallet Town and guides you into the lab. And it's not like I'm reading past it, because I copied the scripts linked to those events and replaced them with the scripts of an unhacked Fire Red. So yeah... Where is it?

Oh okay, sorry I misread. I remember when I first edited the Oak scene. Did you try Oak behind the Pokeballs in the lab? He had a very long script. It should definitely be there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Not that I can see. I can see the script for when you return and get your Pokédex and a few things that he says when you normally talk to him. But nothing from the scene where you get your first Pokémon.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Is it possible for me to use the "Wall Region Map Script on the walls," for the Town Map? My Town Map does not like my second region at all and everytime I enter my second region. The town map displays the northern section really glitchy. However, when I view my second region through the Wall map (in houses) it displays my second region perfectly. I have tried 6 times on a clean rom and I can confirm that the Town map absolutely does not like my second region at all. o_0

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
It's a level script in Oak's Lab.
Might be a stupid question, but where can I find a level script? I've found something under Header called a Map Script, but that doesn't hold it either.

Woops, never mind! I found it! It was the 3rd Map Script that I needed. Thanks!

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I'm having a problem with Sappy 2006...

When I try to open it I get this error message:

Spoiler:

I looked around on Google for this OCX file and I could not find it anywhere... Could someone help please?

(I'm running Windows 7)

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found a download.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
Hello! I searched for a while and cannot find out something. I'm making a Firered hack, and was wondering, how do you switch overworld sprites, for example, I want to make Brendan the Sprite in Firered, but I don't know how? Also would this work for fishing/biking animations as well? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Hello! I searched for a while and cannot find out something. I'm making a Firered hack, and was wondering, how do you switch overworld sprites, for example, I want to make Brendan the Sprite in Firered, but I don't know how? Also would this work for fishing/biking animations as well? Thanks in advance.
You would need to use the Nameless Sprite Editor. (NSE)

I have a question also. Does anyone know how to replace the professor's sprite?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Is it possible for me to use the "Wall Region Map Script on the walls," for the Town Map? My Town Map does not like my second region at all and everytime I enter my second region. The town map displays the northern section really glitchy. However, when I view my second region through the Wall map (in houses) it displays my second region perfectly. I have tried 6 times on a clean rom and I can confirm that the Town map absolutely does not like my second region at all. o_0

I have some good news...there is a way.

The easiest method is to change the Field usage value of the Map to the ASM that controls the World Map. Special 0xFB displays the World Map, so the ASM that does what you want is at 0x080CA7ED. So, all you need to do is set the Field Usage of the World map to 80CA7ED, which can be done in an item editor.

I just tested it out, and it works flawlessly.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
I'm having a problem with Sappy 2006...

When I try to open it I get this error message:

Spoiler:

I looked around on Google for this OCX file and I could not find it anywhere... Could someone help please?

(I'm running Windows 7)

Try downloading sappy2006mod15 :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I have some good news...there is a way.

The easiest method is to change the Field usage value of the Map to the ASM that controls the World Map. Special 0xFB displays the World Map, so the ASM that does what you want is at 0x080CA7ED. So, all you need to do is set the Field Usage of the World map to 80CA7ED, which can be done in an item editor.

I just tested it out, and it works flawlessly.

Thanks! It works perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back