• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile 30-day check in: how are you guys feeling so far?

Years

The 30-day Check-In

So, it's been a bit over a month since Pokemon Masters has released. I figure it would be interesting to do these kinds of "check-in" threads, if you will, to see how the general userbase feels about Pokemon Masters, and if anyone feels the same excitement for it as they did on the first week.

Some questions for you all! Feel free to answer as many or as little as you'd like. Keep in mind these are questions to guide your responses, you don't have to c/p and answer them if you don't want to:

• Are you still actively playing Pokemon Masters, compared to how you were on the first week of release?
  • How do you feel in regards to the banner events released so far? Do you feel that they are fair?
  • How do you feel in regards to the Water/Grass/Rock-type Training events so far?
  • How do you feel about the daily log-in bonus system? What improvements would you make, if any?
  • How do you feel about the character banners released so far? Do you feel their increased rate is fair? Have you pulled any featured 5-star character?
  • How do you feel about the EX Bosses? Are they are a fair challenge, or do you feel DeNA should nerf them?
  • What Sync Pairs, upon their release, struck you as rather underwhelming? What improvements would you make?
  • What other improvements would you make?

While Pokemon Masters is still very young and there's room to improve over time, I feel that the banners we've had so far are somewhat indicative of what we're going to get moving forward barring any significant changes by DeNA (which is still possible). With the above questions in mind, how does everyone feel about Pokemon Masters today compared to week one?

Last edited:
Years
I actually stopped playing and uninstalled it. There isn't much to do except either get better gear or try to improve other non-meta characters and I didn't want to keep doing that. My favorite Pokemon was also nowhere to be seen in the foreseeable future (Azumarill, whose best odds came if Lyra had a Sygna Suit). I liked the game in general, but it felt like the end-game content was either very boring or too difficult if you didn't have the right sync pairs.

Years
Definitely slowed down. Currently just doing the daily login and story events. The first week I didn't put the game down at all haha

The banners have been great fun so far. Unfortunately Free-to-play summons are drip fed to you. The 6000 gems they gave out I tried to use sparsely so I can summon at least once a day. It's WAS great :P

The training events now feel too repetitive since that's all thats going on at the moment... Hilda coming in is a nice event to shake things up!

The daily logins are also nice, but we need more than Level 1 Manuals. Maybe a tiered system so if you login a full week the next week is better.

I pulled Blue out of the blue! For a gacha, the banners are more than fair.I MUCH prefer summoning in this game over Fire Emblem.

The EX Bosses are a fair challenge. When you have a team working together it is so much fun! Organising multiplayer is not for everyone unfortunately.

So many of the tech units just don't have an opportunity to shine. My hopes are they release some EX challenges that specifically require a tech unit.

Lastly, I hope they can push more solo content out and get people more and more active. Unfortunately, I feel like it might come down to PVP the same way Fire Emblem does it. However that might be fun. I have heard suggestions to have a Battle Tower style feature with Random teams for variety.

Years
I've slowed down as well. As soon as I realized that doing the daily supercourses started feeling like a chore/wasn't fun, I took it as my cue to stop and just stick to just opening the game each day for a bit of items. Gameplay became far too repetitive, with opponents having no variety in battles. Buff, attack, get hit by sync move which damages your entire team and debuffs you, use your own sync move, buff, attack, repeat. Co-op is too slow..they really need to increase how fast the game is on 1x speed, I don't think battles/attack animations even move that slowly in main games. I know it's probably slower so people can have time to think and select a move but dear god, it's unbearable. It's also very unforgiving. Any little mistake by a teammate can cost you the match, regardless of if you and your other teammate play perfectly.

Just....I think this game will need an entire rework to be up to par with some of the other much, much better gachas out there. Sticking to Dragalia Lost, which is infinitely better.

Will comment on other points another time!

Last edited:
Years
Are you still actively playing Pokemon Masters, compared to how you were on the first week of release?
Haven't played since they introduced Lyra.

How do you feel in regards to the banner events released so far? Do you feel that they are fair?
Yeah, I don't have a problem with them.

How do you feel in regards to the Water/Grass/Rock-type Training events so far?
Pretty lackluster and boring. I would love to see more story based events.

How do you feel about the daily log-in bonus system? What improvements would you make, if any?
I didn't really pay attention to log-in bonuses, so can't really say something about them. But they probably weren't that good if I didn't noticed them having any effect on me.

How do you feel about the character banners released so far? Do you feel their increased rate is fair? Have you pulled any featured 5-star character?
I got all 5* from the 1st banner really quickly. Couldn't get Blue, so I would increase the rate a little bit more and decrease rate of everyone else.

How do you feel about the EX Bosses? Are they are a fair challenge, or do you feel DeNA should nerf them?
They are pretty lackluster, long and boring. Definitely my least favourite thing about the game alongside with the whole co-op system.

What Sync Pairs, upon their release, struck you as rather underwhelming? What improvements would you make?
Lyra seemed pretty useless, since there was enough 5* Grass Pairs already. I would love to see 5* Pairs of types that don't have that many 5* Pairs.

What other improvements would you make?
Delete co-op, make content that's actually fun to play and delete co-op.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Are you still actively playing Pokemon Masters, compared to how you were on the first week of release?
I started playing 20 days ago (thanks, log-in counter). So I'm still playing... I haven't actually finished the story. I'm on Chapter 10. I take it slowly tbh.

How do you feel in regards to the banner events released so far? Do you feel that they are fair?
-

Only played the Water one.

How do you feel about the daily log-in bonus system? What improvements would you make, if any?
-

How do you feel about the character banners released so far? Do you feel their increased rate is fair? Have you pulled any featured 5-star character?
They should increase the rate definitely. I only got Kris, and then Nanu just recently. Plus, with no way to get gems after the story, the 6000-free, and the training events which are limited, there's no way to get more tries...

How do you feel about the EX Bosses? Are they are a fair challenge, or do you feel DeNA should nerf them?
-

What Sync Pairs, upon their release, struck you as rather underwhelming? What improvements would you make?

I just feel there are sooo many things you could do with the game to make it better? One thing I do love are the cute interactions, though! So kudos to that.
I wish they'd add some more pairs, and it'd be really cool if they added pairs from the anime. Maybe even 1-2 stars in the form of characters-of-the-day that appeared in the anime, and give them free, one-per day or per week.
They could do many different battling systems, add PvP, add all the types a Pokemon has(or maybe a battling system where all types are taken into account...). And not make everything so grindy for no reason...

Bay

Years
I'm still playing, mostly doing a couple co-op battles and some grinding material.

I feel somewhat indifferent to them so far.

The single player ones I'm fine with them as those gives a chance to level up some character quickly. The co-ops though are a drag as everyone else said.

Eh. Can we have coins and more gems for log in bonus please?

I didn't care for the featured characters so far. I did pull one 5 star character, Kris, and I'm having fun with her.

Haven't gotten to try them yet.

I haven't dug deep with many Sync Pairs yet, but maybe have Iris a bit more of a buff?

Faster Co-Op, better log in bonuses.

Years
so as it stands now, i barely log in except to collect the daily rewards (that are hardly worth it, anyway). i used to be super into this game as my very first gacha, but unfortunately that fun has faded away as i feel like the end-game leaning towards more and more co-op has drained the fun for me. this, compounded by the fact that the ex bosses are immune to status effects/status drops, makes it so harder difficulties are less strategic and more of a combination of a stroke of luck in tandem with being quick about your button presses. if you're on co-op, good luck if you're matched with a player that has auto on, because that's generally an auto lose.

i really haven't cared about the banners so far, and none of it has really been enough to drag me back into the game. i think the Blue event was kinda fun to see who would be able to pull him, but i lost interest halfway through the event and idk if Blue is even worth pulling anyway considering he's very reliant on mega evolving to be useful, so i dunno.

ultimately, i don't believe Masters has a whole lot going for it that keeps me very interested. it's honestly such a surprising turn how i used to sink so many hours into it when it first released and nowadays, i hardly touch it. at the very least, im thankful that DeNA is acknowledging the big issues that people are having with the game so they can focus on fixing it, but i might uninstall it in the coming months if there's no real fixes.

Last edited:
Back