Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
5,203 posts
10.8 Years
This was a cruise ship in the Generation I games and remakes that you can ride on. There, you can battle your rival and....rub the captains back to get the HM for cut. There's also a random truck off to the side that caused many rumors back in the old days. After obtaining Cut, the SS Anne leaves, and it's never seen again.

Of course, though, if you get a Pokémon traded to you with Cut already, you can avoid the SS Anne all together.

What did you think of SS Anne? I've never really thought much about it. I just found it to be another necessary thing that you had to do to continue on with the story... I didn't know the entire SS Anne plot can be avoided if you get a Pokémon w/Cut traded to you, though, that's interesting.
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Go

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
813 posts
14.6 Years
What did you think of SS Anne? I've never really thought much about it. I just found it to be another necessary thing that you had to do to continue on with the story... I didn't know the entire SS Anne plot can be avoided if you get a Pokémon w/Cut traded to you, though, that's interesting.
I think it is a nice touch, also the music during the time you're on her, pure nostalgia
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

Pig

Not Frankie Muniz

Age 24
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
215 posts
1.5 Years
The SS Anne is my favorite portion of the game. Something about boarding that boat really makes the game for me. Maybe because it's the first moment in the game you really feel like you're starting to get somewhere.
𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓮𝔂-𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷❤
Male
United States
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
22 posts
3.7 Years
I remember you can progress without the ship departing, if you retrieve the Cut HM but then lose to a different trainer before exiting, sending you to your last visited pokemon center and skipping the event of the ship leaving when you exit. A lot of the rumors about the truck also required you to do this step as part of some convoluted series of steps to get a secret Mew or what have you.

ZeoStar

Male
dream world
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
2,809 posts
2.2 Years
I like the theme song that plays on the ship, but I don't actually like playing through that section. Like most of Kanto, it's a huge montage of trainer battles with not much else going on. I usually battle them all because I don't want to be underleveled.

Then I remember there was another huge route above the ship to the right that had even more trainers. During one playthrough I just got tired and quit during this part.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
I always took care in Yellow to beat each and every trainer before leaving the ship, checking out every corner (and every trash can) before letting it depart! I think I lost to Gary a few times before I learned how leveled I needed to be to beat him easily d:

Man, I played Yellow a lot...
Argentina
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
40 posts
62 Days
The trainers there gave a lot of experience to a Wartortle. I remember that day playing Green with all those weirdly-translated names. Also it was kind of disturbing that some NPC's talk about alcohol and stuff in the Green translation. Pherhaps, smashing LT Surge's gym with my water boy was very cool.

Name: Spotty
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Advertiser Content