• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Can you specify any of the bugs that this hack has?

I can't name every bug, it's really a case where you have to play for yourself to find out because there's always something that seems to be unique to a playthrough when it comes to bugs. Off the top of my head.

1. Drain Kiss' animation freezes the game for half a minute at most.
2. Flying to Fortree City after catching a Legendary freezes the game.
3. Deoxys has Teleport, so if you don't catch it and it teleports, you can't try again, it's gone.
4. Moves that require a recharge turn don't take that turn. Spammable Hyper Beams and Giga Impact as a result, kind of broken.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
Is there anything big enough to outright stop the game or prevent you from reaching certain locations or challenging certain trainers?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Just in case wanna know why this game is pretty much dead, well:

70598748_2675483392483789_8308460272419340288_n.png

This is why I gave up on Pokemon Emerald hacking. Like, wow. Do I have to find the 7 Dragon Balls too? I'm sorry, but do you really expect newcomers to understand this, not to mention someone who's been doing this for ALMOST TEN YEARS!!! You'd have to learn how to make a program before even attempting to make an Emerald mod. At least make a simple GUI for this, because at this rate, I'm just gonna move over to FireRed. Because it has a nifty SIMPLE tool to make a ROM with everything that I need, and not whatever this is. Okay, rant over.

Just implement an IV perfecter and this game will be perfect

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
Why does Wurmple never evolve into Silcoon? I've caught several and every single one of them evolves into Cascoon which makes me think the game isn't even programmed to allow you to use Silcoon. You can't catch it in the wild and Wurmple never evolves into it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Just in case wanna know why this game is pretty much dead, well:

70598748_2675483392483789_8308460272419340288_n.png

This is why I gave up on Pokemon Emerald hacking. Like, wow. Do I have to find the 7 Dragon Balls too? I'm sorry, but do you really expect newcomers to understand this, not to mention someone who's been doing this for ALMOST TEN YEARS!!! You'd have to learn how to make a program before even attempting to make an Emerald mod. At least make a simple GUI for this, because at this rate, I'm just gonna move over to FireRed. Because it has a nifty SIMPLE tool to make a ROM with everything that I need, and not whatever this is. Okay, rant over.

This sounds like something I could help with, and I would be more than willing to do so. I work with stuff like this for a living, and I understand all of the steps listed in that image. However, I would need to be able to access an un-compiled version of your game (as specified in the screenshot). (I found the post from the screenshot).

Last edited:
Years
There's all these little bugs throughout gameplay, however this is one of the best Emerald hacks I have played.

I seriously enjoyed the level curve and the Pokemon League actually became scary and exciting. All these post game activities is exactly how games should be!

Thank you for making this.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
No offense but you said your done with emerald romhacking iirc does that means a new door is open for fire red hacking?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2020
Anyone know of a randomizor that works with this? the universal randomizor throws an error and Arty's Emerald randomizor puts out an unusable file. I love playing with random pokemon and random starters so I hope there's one that works for this.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
So I found a couple of interesting glitches again:

Swimmer's Lumineon using U-Turn in a doubles battle but he only has 1 Pokemon, which results in this (it never ends):
https://imgur.com/sH8WiHr

And... This...
https://imgur.com/pxNIWY3

When you love yourself so much that your partner became you.
https://imgur.com/Ifqyjm8

Not a glitch, but this is still funny. The Magma version of the grunt who drops the Lift Key.
https://imgur.com/I48HwPJ

Oh, and that Rayquayquay luck tho
https://imgur.com/T5LC40T

Last edited:
Years
heyo

just wanna say that ive been enjoying this hack since theta ex started and imo it isn't said enough but i appreciate the hard work and effort put into rom hacks (considering that most of you only do this with limited free time)

3rd gen is my favorite gen and playing this emerald hack feels like a new experience again

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I just finished the Pokemon League (that Swampert tho) and I'm now in post-game but...

Why is the old man in the Mirage Island house in Pacifidlog still not giving me Psyshock? Do I have to do something else or what? I've watched the video of EX where you get TM03 from him but I'm still missing it.

Oh, and can the capacity of the PC be expanded? There's so much stuff in the bag and I'd be fine with it if you can automatically sort them each category you want.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Where is the Adamant Orb located? Both the documentation guide and the videos say that it's supposed to be here https://imgur.com/4LdC6aC along with the Protein, but it isn't there. I did find the Griseous and Lustrous Orbs though. Did they change its location from EX to Renev?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
Thank you LCCoolJ95 for your hardwork on this. Finally, a hack that I can enjoy on :)

Back