• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU review time:

1. WolfofEve- After a hell lotta PM chat, you are ACCEPTED.

2. Midnight-Umbreon- Just what I was looking for. Good work with the history. You are ACCEPTED.

3. Kanea- The SU is quite common but good. Just one thing, seriously delete the 'Flint is very lazy' part, it doesn't go with his nature. You are ACCEPTED and congratulations, you have recieved a Totodile.
158.gif

- Sheer Force
- Scratch
- Leer
- Dig

EDIT: Others who have been accepted but haven't chosen a starter, please choose them fast.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
SU review time:

1. WolfofEve- After a hell lotta PM chat, you are ACCEPTED.

2. Midnight-Umbreon- Just what I was looking for. Good work with the history. You are ACCEPTED.

3. Kanea- The SU is quite common but good. Just one thing, seriously delete the 'Flint is very lazy' part, it doesn't go with his nature. You are ACCEPTED and congratulations, you have recieved a Totodile.
158.gif

- Sheer Force
- Scratch
- Leer
- Dig

EDIT: Others who have been accepted but haven't chosen a starter, please choose them fast.
\\Well I couldn't think of anything else and so that's what I made.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Sorry Cyndaquil has already been taken as well as Totodile, Houndour and Pichu. You have to choose from the rest. :)

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Magby is yours!
240.gif

- Flame Body
- Smog
- Screech
- Mach Punch

Years
Name: Joseph "Jokin" Kindt

Sex: Sorry, you're not really my type....Male

Appearance: Joseph carries with him what many would consider to be the typical appearance one would expect from a young man of Norse decent. His light brown hair is lightly curly when allowed to grow out, but nowadays it is kept short and usually has a black baseball cap covering it. He has brown eyes with slightly larger irises than normal which often yield complements from his female friends....and one male friend...but Joe never really pays that any attention. Joseph also sports a chin beard about two inches long and keeps the rest of his face clean.

Joseph is 6'1" and weighs in the ballpark of 160-165 lbs which fluctuates due to inconsistent amounts of exercise and diet. At the start of the journey, he will be exactly 162 lbs. Joe's pale white skin has a tendency to burn easily if over exposed to the sun for large periods of time without protection, but has developed a 'farmer's tan' over the course of his usual daily activities which significantly diminish this effect in normal circumstances.

His regular attire in at room temperatures include his black hat with matching black sneakers, relaxed-cut styled jeans and a t-shirt. The color of the t-shirt will be a dark blue at the start of the journey, but will also carry three extra shirts to change into which will be red, green, and black in colors. For chilly nights, Joseph also has a gray zip up hoodie which is kept in his olive drab backpack along with his shirts and camping supplies.

Personality: Joseph is what one would describe as a jerkass. Throughout his childhood and into early adulthood, he always had a penchant for sarcasm and quick witty remarks. While he personally would call himself the greatest comedian he knows purely in jest, his remarks are sometimes hit or miss with his audience and there are a few individuals who do not enjoy his company because of it. The statements he makes are sometimes offensive, but said with the intent to make other laugh. This personality is what inspired some of his friends to take the first three letters of both his names, which creates the nickname "Jokin." His favorite cheesy catchphrase to say in highschool was "Don't worry, I'm just Jokin" after saying something sarcastic. While he stopped saying the line, he still prefers to go by 'Jokin' than by Joseph or Joey. This SU doesn't count though. :P

His quick wit also reveals that he is in fact a thinker, even if he prefers to use his intellect on banter. Besides this, Joseph is also very competent with skilled labor and mechanics, including carpentry. Overall, even when acting like an ass, he is still good hearted and good natured, and does understand the difference between right ant wrong.

As an American immigrant, Joseph always had an outsider's perspective to his new home's love affair with Pokemon. While he personally had no true negative feelings towards them, Joe did not grow up around the creatures which gave him an instinctive caution of the unknown. To this day, he believes Pokemon to potentially be incredibly dangerous if left in the hands of the reckless. Still, this differing viewpoint from the rest of his schoolmates and neighbors who literally worship the beasts has yet to disrupt the interactions he has had with anyone. In general he's pretty ok with Pokemon and has on occasion considered adopting one as a pet, but he does not have enough passion for them to start owning Pokemon shaped furniture like many of his friends do.

Background/History: Joseph was born an only child and spent most of his life in America. Due to his father's job requiring him to relocate to Johto when he was 12, the Kindt's packed their things and moved to the land of Pokemon. Sadly, the family cat had to stay behind with Joe's aunt, as 'a giant purple flying poodle or something might eat it' according to his father. The transition was very difficult. Johto had less technology overall than America, and most of what it did have seemed to be primarily focused on Pokemon. The technology differences alone would've been enough to disorient a pre-teen, but the schooling was also geared towards Pokemon. Every lesson had to include Pokemon to some extent and Joseph struggled in the beginning to try to cram as much Pokemon knowledge as he possible could. The attempt to understand the creatures this way overwhelmed a young Joseph and caused slight disinterest in the beasts. Because of this early crutch, Joe was a C student up until 17, where he finally gained a reasonable enough knowledge on basic Pokemon subjects to keep himself at a B average.

As it would turn out, Joe is much better working with his hands and than academically, receiving A's in wood shop classes throughout the year. This exposure to craftsmanship enticed Joseph to take up carpentry and electric work as hobbies to learn, and then later sought out to become an electrician's apprentice. It was a field that he was happy to learn was both easy to learn and universal in both the Pokemon world and the rest of the planet. One particular contract in New Bark Town was for the prestigious Professor Elm, who was have electrical trouble and was far too busy working on a new project to look into the issue himself. Unfortunately, the contractor he worked for had a family emergency and left Joe to do the job himself. Through investigating, he learned that the problem with the lab's electrical circuits was that Elm had the place wired so that a compasiter
that stored the electrical output of many Pichu was set up as the main power source, with the power from the powerplant being set as the secondary circuit. After questioning Elm, it was learned that the wise professor had made a mistake, and the "Pichu-power" was suppose to be the back up system and not the other way around.

After fixing the problem, Elm invited Joseph to have dinner with his family since the contractor he worked for wouldn't be back for him until the morning. At the table, Joe was questioned on his origins and his "funny dialect" which he explained was his American accent. It was then that Elm took Joe into his office and proposed for him to be a member of the group he'd soon be sending on a Journey. He mentioned that any questions would be answered the day the rest of the group shows up to pick up their partners and gave him a list of items and supplies he would need to get started. When asked why he was chosen, Elm explained that Joe was problem solver and needed someone in the group who could easily repair broken pieces of equipment if needed. Also, Joe's upbringing in a world devoid of a large Pokemon presence meant that he would both be able to look at situations in a different manner than the rest of the group and learn about his new home on an intimate level at the same time. Convinced, Joe accepted the offer and stayed at a local inn for a few days until the day came to meet back at the lab.

Sandshrew is the best Pokemon ever. To hell with Mudkip

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I didn't post awhile in the thread, sorry. Regarding WolfofEve's charry, we did a lot of behind the scene job :P, I mean PMed each other regarding the complexities arising from their ultimate monsters which can lay waste to anything.

So we both came to an understanding, Kiba would start with new pokémon in this RP for game balance reasons. He would be like Ash in a new region; experienced battler, gearing up with freshly caught pokémon. Don't worry, everyone would face challenge in this RP, it won't be easy!

@Midnight-Umbreon- You are reserved a spot till Sunday. :)

@Kanea- Your reservation ends tomorrow. Be sure to set up an alpha SU like hereto did if you haven't made a complete SU, not many spots are left.

SU review time:

1. Mr.Cranium- You are ACCEPTED but I would like the personality section to be a little bit bigger

Sorry for the long wait, I've been busy with finals but now I'm done. I added more to the personality section, hopefully contradicts itself.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU review time:

1. O'Regan- You are ACCEPTED. Just modify the parts in the history section "to the land of pokemon...Joe's aunt", "also Joe's upbringing in a...". Unova is based on New York City so it would be wise to say pokémon exist all over the world, from the arctic tundra to the amazonian rainforests. Also day to day animals don't exist, pokémon have replaced them. Modify those parts and I would be really happy.
END

Still now WolfofEve, Mr. Cranium and O'Regan haven't chosen their starters. Choose 'em fast, otherwise your fav starter may be snatched by someone else.

@Flyborg- You are reserved a spot for 2 days. Make sure to set up an SU fast.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Isn't Lt. Surge the "lightning American" though? Also I think that in some continuities there actually are animals, but mixing continuities could get confusing. From Lt. Surge again we can safely assume there are Pokemon in or involved with America, so it should be no problem to replace regular animals with them.

Years
SU review time:

1. O'Regan- You are ACCEPTED. Just modify the parts in the history section "to the land of pokemon...Joe's aunt", "also Joe's upbringing in a...". Unova is based on New York City so it would be wise to say pokémon exist all over the world, from the arctic tundra to the amazonian rainforests. Also day to day animals don't exist, pokémon have replaced them. Modify those parts and I would be really happy.

But the games and Anime have acknowledged the existence of the Americas. As Gera said, Lt. Surge has been referred to as the lightning American and Arcanine's profile mentions that they are considered Legendary to China in the Gen I games, so it's easy to speculate that Pokemon do exist elsewhere in the world, but in smaller quantities. Otherwise they'd know Arcanine isn't really that rare. And animals exist in both the Anime and games as well. Just the Pokedex entries alone distinguish Pokemon as being "turtle" Pokemon or "mouse" Pokemon. If turtles or mice didn't exist, how would they know Squirtle resembles a turtle? And then there's this image.

Actually, I'm looking over Lt. Surge's profile right now and there is this snippet from the Fame Checker.

"Lt. Surge is rumored to have been a pilot while home in America.
He used the electricity generated by Pokémon to power his plane."

In the Pokemon world, that wouldn't be a big deal since Pokemon power everything, so they'd be no reason to mention it. But that would be a huge deal in a land where Pokemon are an uncommon and the public are relatively unlearned about them.

If wanted, I'll change up the profile to mention that he's from a part of America where Pokemon aren't in abundance, but much of the character's reactions about the world around him is based on Pokemon not being a dominant aspect of his childhood or upbringing, so Pokemon being the driving force in everywhere's way of life kills the character.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Feel free to choose what Kiba starts with, Bleacher.

In fact, don't spoil it until the IC post :3

Years
I think Pichu, Cyndaquil, Houndour, Magby, and Totodile have been taken....so Smoochum Seedot, Tyrogue, Cleffa, and Chikorita are left by my count.

If needed I'll take Seedot since it's just as foreign to Johto as my character is, but I'm with Wolf on this and ok with a random selection. :P *Though I haven't played any of the gen III or IV games.*

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
Name: Edward "Eddie" Dogwood

Sex: (Insert innuendo here) male

Appearance: Eddie has a husky build, sporting a bit of a potbelly; he comes from a chubby family that likes to eat. He is somewhat athletic for his size, but his weight does come back to bite him sometimes. He is usually around the weight range of 210 to 205, and stands 5"10. He has green eyes and thick eyebrows. His thick black hair is long enough to cover his ears, but has been known to shave it all off at least once a year. Thin rimmed glasses also decorate his head. His trimmed full beard is the pride of his appearance, or so he claims. He almost always wears blue pullover hoodies, even if it is the middle of summer, and wears white tank tops underneath. His bottom half usually consists of jeans and black converse sneakers.

Personality: Eddie has always loved learning about pokemon and aims to be a professor one day. He is easily excitable, and tends to overlook other people's feelings and personal bubbles because of it. He completely gushes about cute things in public, no matter who is around. His definition of a friend is someone he can laugh with and depend on. Stressful situations will almost always shut him down. He always treats pokemon with the utmost of respect; treating pokemon with disrespect will get you on his bad side fast. Eddie enjoys battling but he is afraid to over exert his pokemon too much and even holds them back sometimes, being a bit overprotective. You can usually see a smile on his face, since he usually tries to stay optimistic.

Background/History: Born in Rustboro, Hoenn, Eddie was raised by His parents who worked at the Devon corporation. He grew up an only child with his whismur (now a loudred) which his parents got for him when it was an egg at the age of 3, starting the close bond they had. He eventually caught a nincada (now both a ninjask and shedinja)

By the time high school rolled around, he was well liked by the student body, but mostly fit in with the pokemaniac clique, studying and taking notes about his friend's pokemon. He passed pokemon education subjects with flying colors due to his avid interest. He has always idolized pokemon professors and his room is plastered with posters of them(mostly Juniper for some reason.) And When he heard Professor Elm was selecting ten people for a journey across Johto, He wrote in a letter, gushing about how much of a big fan he was, and how he thinks this would be a good experience for him and his pokemon education. Elm heard about a young man in Hoenn with a strong desire to know everything there is about pokemon, and agreed with Eddie. With his parent's permission and saying goodbye to his pokemon and friends, he set off abroad to Johto, ready to get some first hand experience in the field.

I liek mudkipz
(But can I haz Smoochum)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Can I get Tyrogue then? I don't know how the evolution would work in the RP but I'm willing to find out haha.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
@Flyborg- You are ACCEPTED and have received a Smoochum.
238.gif

- Hydration
- Powder Snow
- Pound
- Rain Dance

@Mr. Cranium- You have received a Tyrogue
236.gif

- Guts
- Tackle
- Low Sweep
- Mind Reader

The RP isn't based on levels, so that you would have more fluidity in controlling the situation. The trainer pokémons (at some places) would be rated as weaker/at par/stronger/much stronger than your's. As for all evolutions, its up to you when you evolve your pokémon but send me a PM for approval. And most of all be practical. I give your pokémon new moves if your post is good; the better your post quality, the faster you get strong moves. Pokémon in this RP never forget any moves and there is no move cap.
@O'Regan and WoE- I shouldn't choose your starter, not even using Random Number God. You have worked hard on your SU for getting a starter of *your* choice, I can't impose my fav on you. So sorry, you have to choose yourself. PM me which starter you want WoE. :D

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
No, I mean Elm should be the one to choose Kiba's starter, as when he gets there he won't initially have the idea to get a starter, therefore Elm suggests the idea and gives him one.

He's also not the kind of person to get 'picky' about that sort of thing.

RP Banner!

Code:
[PLAIN][title="Join Bleacher's deadly RP, Johto Journeys: Dreams & Nightmares!"][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299263"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O8zuMpd.png[/IMG][/URL][/title][/PLAIN]

Last edited:
Back