LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

Male
Criscanto town-Ginoa Region xD
Seen August 13th, 2017
Posted January 1st, 2017
793 posts
5.1 Years
Sorry for being noob in my question

Can I add new abilities with this tool?(because it has abilities.blah blah)

Second thing, Can I make a new battle script for legendary battles...

example, instead of Wild GROUDON appeared, Legendary GROUDON appeared
This signature has been disabled.
Scrollbar appears
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Age 20
Female
Earth
Seen December 9th, 2016
Posted December 5th, 2016
2,473 posts
6.9 Years
Sorry for being noob in my question

Can I add new abilities with this tool?(because it has abilities.blah blah)

Second thing, Can I make a new battle script for legendary battles...

example, instead of Wild GROUDON appeared, Legendary GROUDON appeared
1: No, abilities are handled by asm, the abilities is just an ini file
2: That's not battle scripting, that's a battle string
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

Support me at my site!
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

GoGoJJTech

Age 20
Female
Earth
Seen December 9th, 2016
2,473 posts
6.9 Years
how to do that battle string?
You would need asm to make that battle string appear for specific pokemon first.
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons

Support me at my site!

GoGoJJTech

Age 20
Female
Earth
Seen December 9th, 2016
2,473 posts
6.9 Years
So can i create a custom battle with this? Like the Oak tutorial battle at the start of FireRed?
No you cannot, you can make move effects and only move effects.

Support me at my site!

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Age 20
Male
Seen November 6th, 2018
Posted October 7th, 2015
409 posts
6.1 Years
No you cannot, you can make move effects and only move effects.
Actually, they can do way more than that. Almost everything happening during battles is a battle script (command). So I guess text could be handled by this too.

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker

Male
Where ever there is peace and darkness
Seen May 31st, 2018
Posted September 25th, 2015
137 posts
5.4 Years
Actually, they can do way more than that. Almost everything happening during battles is a battle script (command). So I guess text could be handled by this too.
Sorry to be a noob but isn’t there a printstring type of command? Doesn’t it have any other use?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Age 20
Male
Seen November 6th, 2018
Posted October 7th, 2015
409 posts
6.1 Years
Sorry to be a noob but isn’t there a printstring type of command? Doesn’t it have any other use?
There is. Just convert the string you're looking for to hex and search for it with a hex editor. Then look into the idb for battle scripts and asm surrounding it.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends

Age 22
Male
Seen February 2nd, 2019
Posted September 9th, 2018
683 posts
5.6 Years
Hi, I just wanted to ask what determines how long status moves last for? Can you make them last for a set number of turns like sleep when resting? Also what's the command for doing damage to yourself? Does it have to be like recoil damage or can you set it so that a percentage of max health is lost?

Thanks
Check out my hack: Pokemon League of Legends.
Join the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonLoL/
If you would like to give me money for no reason you can do so here

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Seen June 22nd, 2019
Posted November 19th, 2016
300 posts
10.7 Years
Hi, I just wanted to ask what determines how long status moves last for? Can you make them last for a set number of turns like sleep when resting? Also what's the command for doing damage to yourself? Does it have to be like recoil damage or can you set it so that a percentage of max health is lost?

Thanks
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_data_structure_in_Generation_III

Just use the setbyte command to change the status byte.
HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

Male
Criscanto town-Ginoa Region xD
Seen August 13th, 2017
Posted January 1st, 2017
793 posts
5.1 Years
I understood 75% ,
but I dunno how to execute a new message string.
like when the effects are applied, it shows "POKEMON had been trapped in FOE's Magic Aura"
I had seen this in Mrdollsteak rom, the worry seed
This signature has been disabled.
Scrollbar appears
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Criminon

Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Male
California
Seen July 11th, 2019
Posted February 14th, 2019
256 posts
7.1 Years
Hey there everyone. I'm getting ready to dive into this program with the intention of having additional text pop up after a wild pokemon battle ends. I have a variable being stored in 8001 after a pokemon battle, and if its anything other than FF, or 00, the text should appear. From what I've been told by FBI, this is the best method to make this happen. If anyone can give me some pointers, I would love to hear them! Also! I'm using JPAN / Dollsteak engine, and it seems that the offsets aren't set up to handle this. Anyone know what offsets need changed?

GoGoJJTech

Age 20
Female
Earth
Seen December 9th, 2016
2,473 posts
6.9 Years
Hey there everyone. I'm getting ready to dive into this program with the intention of having additional text pop up after a wild pokemon battle ends. I have a variable being stored in 8001 after a pokemon battle, and if its anything other than FF, or 00, the text should appear. From what I've been told by FBI, this is the best method to make this happen. If anyone can give me some pointers, I would love to hear them!
This tool edits moves and their effects, not battle engine calls and workings.
For example, you can edit what tackle does in this program, but you can't edit the entire level up stuff in battle via this tool. That's just engine routine stuff and things.

Support me at my site!

Criminon

Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Male
California
Seen July 11th, 2019
Posted February 14th, 2019
256 posts
7.1 Years
This tool edits moves and their effects, not battle engine calls and workings.
For example, you can edit what tackle does in this program, but you can't edit the entire level up stuff in battle via this tool. That's just engine routine stuff and things.
I assumed this same thing.
Male
Seen January 5th, 2017
Posted January 5th, 2017
2 posts
3 Years
One problem I'm facing for years while move hacking...
The move effect pointers of some moves points to one single move data (ie. pound - the first one)... Among them are the effects 'Never miss', 'High critical ratio', 'Hit when foe using Dive (ie.Surf)', etc...
You taught us how to make attacks which never miss by removing 'accuracycheck'; we can also make moves hit when foe is using fly, dive or dig by using your method... But what about the 'High Critical Hit Ratio' effect..???
Blaze Kick & Poison Tail just simply points to 'burn the foe' & 'poison the foe' data respectively... Cross Chop & Slash points to 'no effect' data.....
I want to make custom moves by adding this 'high critical hit ratio' effect...
For example:
1. High Critical Hit Ratio & foe Paralyze
2. High Critical Hit Ratio & user Lower Speed
3.HCHR with 'Knock Off' or 'Thief' effect
...and I have many more like these in my mind...
Please Help!!!

Overlord Kaktus

Made in Guatemala

Male
Guatemala City
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
300 posts
5.6 Years
I've been trying to insert the move effect for Phantom Force. I already have the animation and the move created. What I don't have yet is the proper effect. What I was trying to do is editing the move effect 155 (Fly/Dig/Dive/Bounce unreachable 1st turn and hit 2nd turn) and adding a new entry for the new move iD for Phantom Force. What happens is that everything works but the hidden effect. Only the animation plays but the Pokémon is never hidden during first turn, therefore any move can hit my Pokémon when it shouldn't. Additional to this I don't understand at all how to print the proper message for Phantom Force when Pokémon hides in the shadows first turn. If somebody could help me with that would be nice.
I'm just a normal romhacker c:
Advertiser Content