Advertiser Content
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
31 posts
43 Days
Hi!
I would like to add an ability which is called Oxidation and makes every Pokémon that has it to be invulnerable to steel-types moves (like storm drain) and if the Pokémon is hit by a steel-type move, its Attack and its Special Attack will raise.
I tried to copy-paste the Storm Drain script and change a few things but the ability isn't working, I even tried to paste the script before and after abilities such as lightning rod but without success. Can anyone make a script for me for this ability?
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
31 posts
43 Days
Oh yeah, here it is :
# Oxidation
if targets.length==1 && isConst?(thismove.pbType(thismove.type,user,target),PBTypes,:STEEL) &&
!target.hasWorkingAbility(:OXIDATION)
for i in priority # use Pokémon earliest in priority
next if user.index==i.index || target.index==i.index
if i.hasWorkingAbility(:OXIDATION)
PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{i.pbThis}'s Oxidation (change target)")
target=i # X's Oxidation took the attack!
changeeffect=1
break
end
end
end
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
31 posts
43 Days
When I use ctrl+shift+f I don't find anythind and from my experience when I use ctrl+f it doesn't matter if it's capitalized or not, I just write down "storm " and search in every battle script, could you please search on your side ? I mean I don't want to be rude but we're not gonna go anywhere like that, when I asked for someone to make a script, it was to know where to put it and learn about it. If you're just going to guide me, trust me we will never get forward.

mgriffin

Online now
Posted 19 Hours Ago
671 posts
5.4 Years
Then we will never get forward, and you'll have to hope someone else is going to step in.

I'm sorry, but being able to search the code for :STORMDRAIN is too simple a skill for you to not have. I can't see how you could learn anything from someone else doing the work because 90% of the work of adding this ability is being able to search.
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
31 posts
43 Days
That's not what I call help, you know that I'm struggling to find the ability, and you know where it is indicated but you don't want to tell it to me, that's unfair... so then if I don't find the ability I can just pass my way right? That's not how it works, I just want some help and I'm unable to get it :/ Thanks anyways, I guess I'll have to do my fan-game without having the possibility to receive some help then.
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
31 posts
43 Days
It's not that the thing is easy or not, I don't find it. I made a ton of abilities and it's not because I struggle to find one to imitate that I'm unable to make a project or so, I just want someone to help me to get forward, and continue my project. I'll learn by myself, do you thing I'll copy/paste everything like an idiot ? No, definitely, I'll look forward the script and will try to understand why this script is placed here.
Advertiser Content