• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to start your own gaming business someday?

Years
About three years ago, yeah. I was planning on pursuing a career in video games, and I was going to call my eventual company Evolution Ahoy! Its logo wasn't so much a logo as a string of eskimos. No fucking lie. An eskimo girl with a white bearskin hood. The first version of her would be 8-bit, the second would be an improvement on that, and the third would be excellent. Evolution. Hardly inspired, is it.

Dumb, I know, but I was very young. Very prone to bad ideas, too, and I was just keen on making games that I'd like to play. Prior to that, I wanted to be a 3D Modeller, which is a terrible idea in hindsight. Then it was Game Designer, but I've gravitated towards acting in full force. Maybe someday I'll make my own company, when I'm old and ugly and no longer fit for viewing on the silver screen, and I'll create games that are reminiscent of the gems of my childhood.

I think it'd be an extremely difficult path, and you won't go anywhere unless you've got good ideas and a vast sense of determination. That is not to say that it isn't worthwhile. If it's the dream, do it. Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

Back