• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Clubs GrandMaster Thread (Please read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Yeah, sure thing, however, try not to make it a common theme :) I know you're a capable and dedicated owner, which is why there isn't much of a problem doing this, however if you end up doing this repeadetly, it's not really gonna look good on you :/ But yeah, you have it reserved ^^

★ The Competitive Frenemies ★ Rival Fan Club! ★ was closed at request of the owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Here's a hypothetical for you:

I'm not saying I want to create this, least not now (who has the time?), but what if there was a club where people with their own personal Pokemon characters, mascots, or Pokesonas could get together and share that kind of stuff with each other, maybe give interesting feedback on others, help them out in developing one, post up artwork and whatever else? It wouldn't be solely an art club or a writing club, that's what those sub forums are for, but the thing is, it's sort of hard to find out who has what, so perhaps a collective arena might get everyone together.

Quite honestly, I joined the forum to see others' personal interpretations of their favorite Pokemon (humorously, but anything's good, really). It's fun to me to get to know more about other people's characters when they aren't mary sues.

Now, I can see one potential issue being that it might start to spill out of the boundaries of the franchise, which could make its connection to Pokemon blurry. Another problem could be that it turns into one big circlej*rk, I suppose some of that's inevitable, but an effective leader could keep it from becoming a club full of positive reinforcement spam loop about "how great my character is". That can be managed with topics, and I can come up with plenty. :P

Topics would also keep it from turning into a thread full of arts and novels, as we could just easily link to our galleries for that. They'd be more in line with "what's the one personality quirk your character is known for" or something much more fun and silly like "what would your character do if it had one day to live". And then, there's "If your character is a wild Pokemon, would it behave differently if owned by a trainer" and vice versa.

Other rules would be to be respectful, no telling anyone their ideas suck or anything, and if a person's looking for constructive crits, flaming won't be allowed.

It has the potential to be amusing, anyway. Of course, I don't really know. Plus, members with characters would have to know the club exists to get anything out of it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I'm not saying I want to create this, least not now (who has the time?), but what if there was a club where people with their own personal Pokemon characters, mascots, or Pokesonas could get together and share that kind of stuff with each other, maybe give interesting feedback on others, help them out in developing one, post up artwork and whatever else? It wouldn't be solely an art club or a writing club, that's what those sub forums are for, but the thing is, it's sort of hard to find out who has what, so perhaps a collective arena might get everyone together.

Quite honestly, I joined the forum to see others' personal interpretations of their favorite Pokemon (humorously, but anything's good, really). It's fun to me to get to know more about other people's characters when they aren't mary sues.

Now, I can see one potential issue being that it might start to spill out of the boundaries of the franchise, which could make its connection to Pokemon blurry. Another problem could be that it turns into one big circlej*rk, I suppose some of that's inevitable, but an effective leader could keep it from becoming a club full of positive reinforcement spam loop about "how great my character is". That can be managed with topics, and I can come up with plenty. :P

Topics would also keep it from turning into a thread full of arts and novels, as we could just easily link to our galleries for that. They'd be more in line with "what's the one personality quirk your character is known for" or something much more fun and silly like "what would your character do if it had one day to live". And then, there's "If your character is a wild Pokemon, would it behave differently if owned by a trainer" and vice versa.

Other rules would be to be respectful, no telling anyone their ideas suck or anything, and if a person's looking for constructive crits, flaming won't be allowed.

It has the potential to be amusing, anyway. Of course, I don't really know. Plus, members with characters would have to know the club exists to get anything out of it.
I really like this idea, it's certainly a new take on clubs but I think it's a big step in the right direction. I've wanted clubs like this to exist for a long time but I've never found a way to introduce them, so if this works out it'd be a great step. The only slight issue I'm wondering is whether the Pokémon personas would be based on pre-existing Pokémon or fan-made Pokémon? I'm sure we could make it work either way, but we don't generally allow clubs based on fakémon so we may have to look into it first.

The only real problem I can think of is gathering enough activity to make the club worthwhile as I haven't seen many people with these interests around the site, but I'm sure they're out there so with some good advertising it should be easy enough to get the numbers stable. Basically I'm all for it if you're wanting to make it :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Umbr30n's ★ The Blazing Inferno 2! ★ ~ Fire-Type Fan Club ~ was approved!

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014

I really like this idea, and you can expect me to join if you make it sometime.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Cognition Clu -----The Club for Psychic Type Lovers was revoked for not having enough content to constitute a club.

Hoenn Region Club was revoked both for not having enough content to constitute a club, and for being made on an already existing topic.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Could I make a Electric Type Fan club?
Of course! Make sure to check out some other clubs first to see what they're like since it's your first time making one and feel free to contact me if you need any help at all or want to check anything :) Can't wait to see it!

Olli

Years
♡ Mystery Eggs [Baby Pokémon Club] ♡, ✫ Irregular Genetic [Eevee and Eeveelutions Club] ✬ and Pokémon Origins [Ancient Pokémon Club] were all closed at request of the owner.

Olli

Years
No Future's Thunder Shocks "ϟ The Electrifying Fan Club ϟ" was approved.

Olli

Years
Pichu02's *Birch Winds* (Grass Type Fan Club) was approved.

Olli

Years

Update - April 8th

The Pokemon League Club! was revoked, due to lacking sufficient content, as well as covering too broad a topic.

Update - April 9th

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!, Dragon Pokémon Club and ♥The Cute Pokémon Club!♥ : The Redux! were all closed at request of the owner.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dibs on Cute Club! Bringing back my old baby :') (Reserve please etc do we still do that idek)

Olli

Years
Great, you'll have it reserved till the 16th! ;D Let's see if you can get it to be as active as your old one used to be :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh wow, and I joined that club just last night. D:

WELL to complete my rebound to this section, I would like to hand in my reservation to the Super Starter Pokemon Club. Please and thank you Ollibby! <3

Olli

Years
Well, didn't take long for those clubs to get remade :p But yeah, you'll have it reserved till the 16th as well :D

Olli

Years

Update - April 11th

Pokémon Fandubs was revoked due to lacking sufficient content, as well as covering a topic not suited for this section.

~ 【Serpentine Pokemon Club】 ~ was closed due to inactivity from the owner.

~Field Club~ was closed due to inactivity from the owner.

Last edited:

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
Is there no water pokemon club?! We need an ocean/pool/hot tub to hang out in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back