• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bonds and Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
OOC: Oh my gosh... a week passes and there are eighteen posts already? At the most, I would have expected ten... Hmm, I was going to have something interesting happen in this post, but as our characters have all had enough excitement for one day, I'll save that event for the next day.

Aww... WHY in the world was there a database error on Saturday? Saturday, when I had PLENTY of time to post? And now, I'll have to stay up till 1 AM to finish this post... Oh well, I can manage.

IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The forest actually didn't seem bad to Ari. There were occasional sounds of Pidgeys twittering from behind trees, all sorts of bug Pokemon buzzing around, leaves rustling, breezes blowing... But, still there were some downsides. The weather was hot and fairly humid, ao Ari tried to walk in the shade as much as possible and avoid too much physical activity. Nevertheless, she did find ehrself leading the group through the forest. Maybe it was because she didn't fear bug Pokemon--not even Beedrill. In fact, there was a sign somewhere along the path that said "Beware of Beedrills!" but Ari just ignored it. Stung by Beedrill... Poisonpowdered by Butterfree... Those were two things that Ari wouldn't so much mind, especially in a team that had five Pokemon.

Speaking of Pokemon, Kawaine, Ari's new Puffly, was not happy at all with this creepy-looking forest. She kept fidgeting around in Ari's arms, hoping to hide herself from any danger. Occasionally she peeked out to check on the surroundings, or muttered a soft stream of nervous mews. She, unlike Ari, feared being attacked by wild Pokemon above all else. She had a strong opposition to this place where danger could lurk behind every corner, a world where she could indeed be stung by Beerdills or Poisonpowdered by Butterfrees. And in fact, at one point up ahead, she did see a Butterfree, dancing with a Beautifly in a courtship dance. When she saw this, she cried out loud so that Ari could hear her clearly.

"Ohh, don't be afraid of those two love butterflies," Ari reassured, though she still sounded slightly annoyed. "They don't have any teeth, stingers, anything like that. They're sweet and gentle Pokemon--I've read about them before. Beautifly and Butterfree. Oh, and my big brother Gon has a Beautifly."

As the group walked on, Ari took the time to look around at the group this time. First she looked at Chelsea, who was walking right next to her. She seemed to be the most respectable person in the group, but in reality there was nobody in the group Ari hated. Then there was Wayne, the older boy who got a Pineco as a starter Pokemon. And Cain, the youngster who started with Totodile. And finally there was Kat. When Ari glanced backward at Kat and her Meowth, she immediately thought of the selfish remark Kat had made back at the academy.

"Fine...I give up. I'll let you guys come with me...but only to help me get further."

She really reminds me of me, in a way, Ari thought as she walked on, still holding Kawaine close. I, too, was hesitant to travel in a group at first. Nevertheless, at least I knew we'd be in a group from the very start. I personally think that if Kat had taken time to read the message from Pokemon Virtual more closely, she would have seen the part about being in a group. This tells me that either she didn't know about the group part and is strongly opposed to it, or she's just shy and showing it in an awkward way. ...But why am I thinking this? I'm not a people person and I know it.

A while later, the trees in the forest began to grow thicker, and an unpleasant stench wafted through the area. Ari saw this as a promising situation, and thus beckoned the group to follow. But when she turned around to do so, she saw that more than half the group was gone. Only she and Chelsea remained.

"What happened to the group?" Ari asked Chelsea. Chelsea merely told her of their intentions on going out to catch Pokemon.

I would catch a Pokemon if I saw one I liked, Ari thought. Aren't there any Abra, or Ralts, or Chikorita, or something... around here?

An hour later, the group was now wandering through marshlands. It was a little bit cooler in this area, as the mud absorbed quite a bit of the sun's heat. Also, since this area was mostly open or at least visible, Kawaine began to calm down very slightly. And besides, perhaps she was a little worn out from all her earlier complaining. Anyways, that was beside the point at that point in time. For soon enough, the three trainers who had abandoned the group for a while returned, looking quite proud of themselves.

"So..." Kat asked the group with a smirk, "what did everyone catch?"

"Nothing, nothing of interest," Ari muttered in reply.

Kat apparently ignored Ari's reply, for she went on to show off the Pichu she had just caught. Ari could also see that Cain had caught a Pidgey, and Wayne caught a Croagunk.

Pidgey? Croagunk? Pichu? Ari thought. If that's the only kind of Pokemon that can be found here... None of those are really my type. But hey--that doesn't mean they're not their types.

The journey continued throughout the rest of the day. Eventually, the group made it out of the swamp, only to find themselves in the forest again. However, the weather was finally starting to cool down as the sun started its final descent towards the horizon. It wasn't long before the sun was just an orange glow that could be faintly seen through the trees in the west. Finally, the group was relieved from the hot and humid daytime weather. However, some feelings remained the same. Wayne's Pineco was weary from using Selfdestruct, and occasionally Wayne himself mentioned a Pokemon Centre or in the very least a Potion.

"But a Potion won't work if your Pineco is fainted," Ari commented. "Don't worry, we'll find a Pokemon Centre as quickly as possible."

A while later, the group stopped for a break in a clearing underneath a large tree. The five trainers were sitting on logs, some of them with Pokemon, and Cain was holding a candle that provided a little light for the group to see properly. After all, by that time night was practically there, although the sky was still a deep blue. The group used this time to rest their feet, and snack on some Pecha Berries that were growing on the tree above them.

"Puffwi! Puffwi!" Kawaine was excited at the sight of these sweet Pecha Berries, so Ari lifted her up into a branch of the tree. There, she picked a few berries and dropped them wherever she found them. Ari had to run all over the clearing to catch the berries, but she did succeed in doing so. Then she handed out a few berries to each of the group members and the five Pokemon that were out. Then she watched as Wayne fed the juice from a berry to his Pineco, which could barely move. And finally she turned to face Kat.

"Umm... Kat, is it?" Ari sounded a bit nervous as she spoke. "Well, first I can say congratulations on catching Pichu... What am I kidding, what an ordinary thing to say. Anyways, I know you're anxious about traveling by yourself--to tell you the truth, so am I. I mean, I knew we would be in a group and all--did you know that too?--but I suppose this turned out rather well anyways."
I have an urge to compliment her on the way her hair looks, but isn't that a bit... corny?
"Umm, for now, I, uh, apologise... for any trouble... either of those silly boys bay have caused you. I agree, sometimes groups can get a bit crazy, but... Anyways, I know this forest is capable of giving anyone the creeps... Let's just say we got out Pokemon here to help us out against any angry Beedrills or such. I know that's not much coming from me and Kawaine here... but..."
Ari had no clue what to say next, so she just shrugged and looked back to the path ahead. Then she looked back at her pocket, where her Pokevice was. This she took out to examine for a while.

...Ten minutes later...

Having come upon something surprising, Ari announced something to the group.
"Hey everybody! I just found a map on my Pokevice! According to this, we're in a place that's very close to Pewter City! Oh, by the way, if you click the green button on the inside of your Pokevice from the main menu, you'll find the map, I'm pretty sure. Anyways, what I propose is that we continue on, since we're close anyway..."

There was a moment of silence. Some group members looked tired.

"...Personally," Ari continued, "...I don't think sleeping here's a good idea. For all we know, this could be someone's territory, maybe perhaps a group of Beedrill... Normally I'm not afraid of bugs, but still, the thought of waking up in the middle of the night to a swarm of who-knows what kind of angry Pokemon... especially not Weedle. Anyways..."

Maybe it was the realisation that Pewter City (and a Pokemon Centre) was heartwarmingly near, or maybe it was the aftercomment Ari made about the wild Pokemon. But whatever the reason, the group continued on, led by Ari and Cain, then Chelsea, then Kat, then Wayne. Cain was holding the candle that still helped the group see the way, and Ari provided extra help by using her own Pokevice as a light. Every once in a while, Ari kept rechecking the Pokevice screen for how close the dot that represented the group's current position was to the area on the map that indicated Pewter City. Kat had decided not to trail behind the group this time--anything to avoid contact with bug Pokemon. Wayne held his Pineco carefully in his arms, hoping that indeed Pewter City was near. Croagunk walked at the very back of the group, keeping watch for any wild Pokemon.

Aside from a few Weedles and Hoothoots that caused a few shrieks but not bites or stings, the group finally made it out of Viridian Forest. Up ahead, lights could be seen--this could only indicate Pewter City. By that time, the sky was black, and the stars were only mildly obscured by a few clouds in the sky. The moon was nowhere to be seen, indicating that either it had already set, not yet risen, or was new. But what significance was the moon anyway, when there was a rest spot that was actually warm and safe up ahead?

"Good evening," Nurse Joy greeted. The group was huddled around the Pokemon Centre front desk. Wayne was at the front of the group, his Pineco lying on the counter.
"What have we here?" Joy asked, looking at the Pineco. "Must have used Explosion or was otherwise attacked."

While Nurse Joy took a look at Pineco and the other Pokemon that had battled that day, some of the other group sat around the Pokemon Centre. Each trainer had a key to his or her own small room, one of twelve or so that lay down a hall to the left of the front desk. It was a fairly common trend nowadays for Pokemon Centres to provide a place for trainers to stay overnight in the same place as their Pokemon.

But some of the group didn't feel like sleeping right away, or at least Ari didn't. Kawaine had been asleep for much of the journey here since the rest stop in the forest, but now she was beginning to wake up, apparently happy that she was no longer in a spooky forest.

"I'm just going to take a walk for a while," Ari announced to the group. "Good night, everyone."

~ ~ ~

Within a few more minutes, Ari and Kawaine were outside again. This time, it was a little bit chilly outside, but there were no trees or bug Pokemon to worry about. It was a rather peaceful scene, in fact, with the possible bustle of people wandering about the city. This was especially the case when the two of them passed by the museum, where even at this hour there was a crowd of people waiting to get in. The little Puffly still held by Ari marveled at all the electric lights, for they were a blend of pleasant eye candy after all the gloom and darkness of the forest.

"Well, someone's cheering up," Ari commented as she walked around the back of the museum. "I can bet you're glad we're out of the woods now."
Ari tickled Kawaine as she said the last part, making the little Puffly giggle with even more glee.

The area behind the museum was a contrast to the liveliness of the front--Ari was now standing in an open field , illuminated only by a single lamp positioned on top of the museum. There were trees in the distance, but no Pokemon in sight. Ari began to walk out to the centre of the field, thankful for a little peace and quiet. Kawaine wasn't too upset by the mild darkness, as there was still that one light. And the relief she felt from being out of the forest still showed.

All of a sudden, Kawaine leaped out of Ari's arms, and ran towards something dancing along the edges of the trees. It looked like a puff of glowing blue cotton candy.

"Aw, come on, Kawaine..." Ari mumbled, "you know that's not candy... or at least I know it's not."

A few seconds later, though, Kawaine came running back to Ari, not with a mouthful of candy, but with a scared expression on her face. She pointed to what she thought was a puff of candy before, but was actually a Misdreavus.

"Whoa!" Ari exclaimed, startled a bit but not frightened. Then she spoke in a voice similar to that of the Pokevice. "Misdreavus, the Screech Pokemon. Misdreavus thrives on fear it induces in its opponents, and stores that fear in the orbs on its neck for energy purposes."

"Puff puff..." Kawaine pointed to the Misdreavus.

"Miss."

<"Ari??"> Kawaine said to Ari in Puffly language. Ari could still sort of tell what Kawaine was saying though. <"I think... this Misdreavus wants... what was it again?">

"Miss miss miss!"

<"S-s-she wants... a-a-a... battle!">

"A battle huh?" Ari asked the Misdreavus. "Well, if Kawaine wants to..."

"Miss miss dra." The Misdreavus glared at Kawaine and Ari with her menacing red eyes.

<"S-s-she... d-d-demands... a... battle..."> Ari had a hard time understanding what Kawaine was saying due to her stuttering. All she heard was a string of "puff puff"s.

"A persistent one, are you?" Ari said to the Misdreavus, not looking half as nervous as Kawaine was. "Well then... Kawaine, care to start?"

"Puff... WI!!" ("NO! I don't wanna!")

Too late. Misdreavus already attacked with Astonish. The attack caused the poor little Puffly to shiver and roll backward, and make her even more nervous.

"Come on Kawaine, try using Charm instead."
Of course, Tackle won't do anything to a ghost Pokemon.

"Puff... wiii..." Kawaine shook her head. She just didn't have the right kind of mood to use Charm.

"Miss..."
The Misdreavus fired a Psywave at Kawaine. Kawaine saw this coming and started to run away from it, afraid of the damage it would do. But before she could get very far, she tripped on a rock and fell over. Then, after a few seconds, she got back up--and the Psywave was gone. In its place was Misdreavus, glaring at Ari.

<"...What happened?"> Kawaine asked. <"To the attack?">

"Silly, Psywave does a random amount of damage. Looks like this time, that Misdreavus was soft on you, and didn't do very much damage at all!"
Ari laughed at this pathetic outcome of a Psywave attack.

"Puf... pfft!" Kawaine started laughing too, at this comment Ari made.

"Haha, NOW use Charm."

"Puff puffwi!"
This time, Kawaine's Charm attack worked. As a result, Misdreavus got a disgusted look on her face, and afterwards shook her head violently, as if she had had more than enough cuteness in one place.

"And now, use your other attack that is not Tackle," Ari whispered.

First of all, Misdreavus was confused about which move Ari meant. Second of all, Kawaine burst out crying, screaming, and just being noisy and difficult. This Tantrum attack caused Misdreavus to wince and turn around out of shame. While she did, Ari knelt down beside Kawaine, telling her what to do next.

"...Now pretend Misdreavus is still made out of that blue cotton candy you saw earlier... mmm, candy..."

After a long while, Misdreavus finally felt brave enough to open her eyes again. But she did this only to be met by another Charm attack by Kawaine, right in the face. This took Misdreavus by surprise as she fell over and ended up upside-down on the grass. She felt rather dizzy.

"Okay, now it's time for one of these," Ari muttered to herself. Then she took out one of the two empty Pokeballs Professor Willow gave her, and threw it at the overturned Misdreavus. The Pokeball wriggled once, twice, three times, four, five, six, seven...

Poof!

Ari walked over to the ball and picked it up, along with Kawaine. Then she turned around and headed right back where she came from, back towards the Pokemon Centre.

"See, Kawaine?" Ari said to her Puffly. "You're more powerful than you think! I guess that's where the expression 'dangerously cute' came from."

<"Aww, I wanted to taste her hair..."> Kawaine teased. Both Kawaine and Ari laughed about that joke on the way back to the Pokemon Centre.

Ari caught a Misdreavus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Now you may explore the city if you want to, or just go to sleep. Phanima, if you wanted to catch a Pokemon back in the forest, you can include something about catching something in the forest at night on our way to Pewter City. But only if you wanted to. I know Dratini's a pretty good companion by itself. Sorry to leave you out, but I just wanted to give Ari something a little less weak and innocent than a Puffly...

Also, Electivire, you can catch a Pichu if you want to. There's no rule against catching a Pokemon someone else already has. So I have not deprived anyone of the right of having a Misdreavus.

Also, keep in mind that we're not the only trainers here. You may also battle other trainers now, and this applies to tomorrow morning as well. And at some point we'll have to prepare for our first gym challenge, and who'll be facing Brock's parents. Think about whether you want to do that or not, but you don't have to decide yet.

*About understanding Pokemon speech... I grant all of our characters the optional ability to understand what their own Pokemon (not wild Pokemon or other trainers' Pokemon) are saying. That's what the triangular brackets around Kawaine's speech meant in my post. But I suppose some of you have seen this in RPGs before. It just makes things a bit more interesting for Pokemon characterization.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Nice post, seriously! All though there should of been more of the main character (me) xD J.k. I know about the Pichu thing because me and Kat might be 'Pichu rivals' if I do get one. But I might not. I don't know what my next Pokemon will be or how i'll get it. Also (This is like the tehnth time i've said 'Also))the battle with the parents would be a double battle right? If so I'd like to join Cain in the battle. I'm going to up the quality and quantitiy in my future posts so be warned... Furthermore I've noticed Wayne is never actually called Wayne in anybody elses post I'm 'The boy with the Pineco' which is fine. So anyway, that's my mini speech finished and I hope it didn't deprive you of all your time and I'll post my IC later,

IC: Later!

EDIT: IC: Tommorow :P

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
OOC: Long post about nothing really, just Chelsea and her Dratini getting to know one another a little better. :P Oh, and I won't be planning on catching another Pokemon for a while, well, at least not until we hit the ocean. :\

IC: It had been a long and tiring day, and for a group of amateur Pokemon Trainers, Chelsea had thought they had done unexpectedly well. Before she knew it, the afternoon had passed and the group had finally escaped from the forest, surrounding the path leading to Pewter City. This was their next destination and would also be their very first trial as a group of trainers in the Pokemon Wars. Their very first Gym Leader battle was approaching.

Chelsea however, had become much more distracted in their discovery and arrival at the Pewter City Pokemon Centre. By this time, the sky had already darkened and was littered with few stars and clouds that guided their way. The moon however, was not present, and even as the group drew closer to the bustling lights and sounds of the city, an unpleasant feeling swirled in her gut as she looked back over Viridian Forest. Its paths and inner routes hidden beneath the night's veil, a dark aura seemed to radiate from the forest, as she gazed into its abyss.
With a slight shudder, the teenage brunette turned away from the darkening forest and set her sights ahead to the bright and bustling Pokemon Centre, a warm feeling beginning to build inside of her and driving away all doubts she had of something ominous following them.

Feeling the cool night air sweep over her as she and the group neared the building, an unrestrained squeal of joy escaped her lips before she grabbed the nearest person with both arms and drew them into a tight hug.

"We made it! We made it!" she cried happily, releasing whoever she had grabbed a hold of in a fit of joy as she rushed into the centre's lobby. "We finally made it!"

Withdrawing from her excitement in finally arriving in Pewter City, the red, gold and black clad teenager joined the group, as they huddled around the counter to greet the nurse. After a quick briefing with the local Nurse Joy, the group handed over all their Pokemon that had been worn in battle during the day, before retiring to separate seats around the building.
Chelsea decided not to hand over her Dratini, since neither of them had actually become involved in a battle or confrontation since earlier in the morning, and that had only involved the Dragon Pokemon biting her arm after been awoken from its sleep.
Drooping her head as she let out a sigh, her short brown hair falling over her face, Chelsea sat in her seat holding her first out of three Pokeballs in her hand, staring into the centre of the red and white device.

A mythical Dragon Pokemon huh? She thought to herself, as she closed her eyes and drew a long tired breath. Dratini…

Her eyes suddenly widened as she fell back in her seat, a bright light swallowing her arms and stomach.

"D-Dratini?!" she wailed, as the light around her body faded, allowing her to see.

The Dragon Pokemon sat curled on her stomach after being released from its container, an overbearing look adorning its otherwise cute face. Still unaware of what had happened, Chelsea had yet to realise that she had accidentally provoked the releasing mechanism on her Pokeball, thus releasing her half-awake and rather irritated partner, Dratini.

< 'I've been stuck in that Pokeball for hours!' > the chubby blue dragon exclaimed, towering over the fallen brunette lying back on her seat.

"Heh heh, I-I got distracted?" the teenager stammered, waving her arms in front of her in defence.

"I'm just going to take a walk for a while," Ari suddenly announced, drawing the Dragon Pokemon's attention away from her pinned trainer. "Good night, everyone."

Seizing the opportunity, Chelsea placed both hands against the chubby blue serpent and with all her might, launched her partner off of her seat. Brushing herself off as she regained her composure, she shook off her partner and looked around the group. Ari had already left the lobby and the others were also preparing themselves for the night or for other personal agendas.

"Aww, I wanted to go with Ari," the brunette pouted, crossing her arms as she looked around the rather crowded centre. "That Puffly of hers looks interesting…"

< 'Ahem…' > Dratini coughed under her name, as she slid up to her trainer's side after being shaken off for biting her leg. < 'You should worry more about me than the others' Pokemon, you know?' >

A sly smiled crossed the fiery girl's face as she listened to her partner whine. Leaping down to the dragon's height, Chelsea pinched the Pokemon's cheeks with her hands and gave a small laugh.

"If I knew better, I'd think you were jealous!" she taunted playfully, stretching the Dratini's face. "You know, I always thought Puffly was way cute…I wonder if Ari would want to trade…"

Smiling wickedly, Chelsea released the dragon's cheeks before prodding its stubbing horn and leaping to her feet in an attempt to run away. The dragon however, had already heard enough and quickly wrapped its tail around her teasing trainer as she sprung to her feet.

< 'That's not funny!' > Dratini exclaimed under her name, tripping the girl to the floor before wrapping herself around her arms and torso.

"Okay! Okay!" the teenager whelped, admitting defeat after a tiring struggle with her Pokemon partner.

The blue serpent released its grip and regained its composure, as her trainer did the same. Brushing herself off, Chelsea looked around the bright and colourful Pokemon Centre to see what the other four trainers had gotten up to during her subdued scuffle. Despite her rather boisterous and uncivilised behaviour earlier, Dratini had also become interested in the whereabouts of the other trainers' Pokemon and decided to have a look around.

Hmm…well, Ari's already left, and I can't see the boys or Kat anywhere… She thought disappointedly, as she looked around the bustling centre. I must of lost them when we were fighting… She gave a quick sharp look at her partner, who merely scoffed and raised her snout in reply.

< 'It's your fault you know?' > Dratini muttered, as she slid across the lobby towards the centre's front entrance. < 'Anyway, I'm going outside to get some fresh air, since someone kept me locked up all day, like an animal…' >

With a flick of its chubby tail, the blue dragon passed through the centre's front doors and continued on outside.

"You are an animal!" the brunette cried, shaking her fist in the air as she followed her partner outside in a hurried pace. "Where are you going?"

It had only been several moments before Chelsea had caught up to her draconic Pokemon, who had stopped by the path leading away from the forest to where they now stood in front of the Pewter City Pokemon Centre. The teenager was about to tell off the blue serpent for taking off earlier, when something suddenly caught her attention.
A figure had emerged from the forest's path and was slowly making its way towards them. The two stood in their place as they struggled to discern the figure's appearance beneath the night's veil.

"What is that?" Chelsea asked, squinting into the distance at the approaching figure. "Is it a Pokemon?"

< 'That's what I was going to ask you.' > Dratini said, as she retreated towards her trainer, her eyes glued to the silhouette.

I knew there was something wrong about that forest! The fiery trainer thought to herself, as the figure drew nearer. It must have followed us through the forest…but if it's a Pokemon, the Pokevice should be able to identify it…

Reaching into her back pocket, Chelsea took out her golden Pokevice and propped it open, aiming its sensor towards the path that led away from the forest. The screen buzzed into life as the Pokevice analysed its target.

< 'Uh, Chelsea…anytime now…' > her retreating partner hurriedly spoke. < 'It's getting awfully close…' >

"It's still processing!" she exclaimed, gripping the device in both hands as she waved it in front of her. "Get ready Dratini, it might be hostile!"

The figure's eyes suddenly appeared beneath the shadowy veil that covered its body. Bright and ominous, the eyes stared straight ahead towards both trainer and Pokemon, their frantic movements attracting its attention. Its body was large and round and was covered in some sort of fur or rough skin. Two long antennas protruded from its top and curved like scythes above and in front of its shadowed face. It stood on two small feet and its paws for hands remained by its sides. Two small fangs, just visible in the starlight, clicked noisily in front of its mouth as it steadily made its way towards the teenager and dragon.

The golden Pokevice identified the approaching creature and sprung into life as its automated voice filled the cool night air.

"Venonat. Lives in the shadows of tall trees where it eats bugs. It is attracted by light at night."

The shaggy Bug Pokemon crawled out of the shadows and into the light of the city's Pokemon Centre that stood up ahead. It hopped lightly pass the fiery brunette and her chubby blue dragon, before reaching the centre's entrance and began dancing around the warm yellow light that protruded from its lobby. Chelsea and Dratini stood unmoved in their places as the Pokevice identified their assumed target, before automatically shutting itself off to conserve energy.

After several minutes of silence, the wild Venonat moved further into the city, attracted to the bright lights of the night, and left both Chelsea and Dratini standing dumbstruck in front of the centre. The brunette finally pocketed her Pokevice before turning to her partner to see her reaction.

< 'Idiot.' > the blue dragon scoffed, raising her head away from her partner, as she began sliding back towards the centre. < 'It was just a Venonat.' >

A cool breeze blew over the brunette as she struggled to take in what the snotty dragon had just said. A minute passed before the dragon's words finally took effect.

"What!?" Chelsea exclaimed, as she chased her Pokemon partner back inside the centre, her fists raised in the air. "You were as scared as I was! As if you knew it was just a Venonat! Don't give me that! Hey, come back here you stupid snake!"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
OOC: Sorry for not being active. It is a long and difficult reason.

Cain decided that since there was a pokemon center he didnt need to sleep just yet. Cain had Pidgey alert but still drowsy on his shoulder. Totodile was napping in his lap. Cain himself was feeling drowsy but he didnt want to sleep yet. They were probably going to make it to Pewter the next day so he needed his pokemon to train in order to learn a water attack.

Cain was passing time by playing with his red pokevice. He pressed the green button once and all of the sudden a map apeared.

Hmm. There are many different places in Kanto.

Cain was currently drowsing through looking at Fusha city and Saffron. When he decided on something. He took out a pokeball and returned Totodile still sleeping back inside.

"Okay Pidgey. Lets do some training."

Pidgey nodded and said "Pidgey" in agreement. Soon Cain walked outside the center. He noticed that his candle was already shortening a little

Might as well save the rest. I might get into trouble later

Cain walked through a few of the trees while still keeping sight of the pokemon center. When all of the sudden a large green thing apeared in front of him

"Ahhhh"

Cain almost fell over when he finally noticed what it actualy was. It was a leaf hanging from a tree. However it wasn't the leaf that startled him. It was actually what was on it that did it. A Weedle was silently hanging on the leaf eating it. While not noticing Cain at all in the process.

Perfect a Weedle

Cain immediatly felt some bravery in this he looked towards Pidgey on his shoulder. The bird pokemon nodded in agreement as if saying <Got it>. Pidgey started to hover close to the leaf waiting for Cain to say an order

"Okay Pidgey try peck attack"

Pidgey reacted with lightning fast reflexes. Soon Weedle was on the ground fainted because of its weakness to flying moves.

"Good, now its weakened."

But Cain remembered about his pokevice. He took it out and pointed it towards the bug pokemon. He looked toward the results

Species: Weedle
Type: Bug/poison
Level: 3
Ability: Shield Dust
Attacks: Poison sting, Stringshot

Well now your mine Weedle.

Cain threw the pokeball at the bug pokemon. It barely wobbled before Cain picked it up. He knew that he caught it already. Once it stopped beeping he placed it at his belt. Then he noticed Pidgey was very tired when it returned back to his shoulder.

"Okay Pidgey you can return to your pokeball. You have earned it."

Cain returned Pidgey back to his ball. Then he returned back to the pokemon center so he could finally go to bed.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Sorry about inactivity, but then again I'm not the only one XD I don't plan on getting a Pokémon for a while... Phanima (SP?) You aren't catching one until Vermilion or Fuchsia? Also will this be like the Anime where un-evolved Pokémon can be powerful as long as they're trained exceptionally?

Viridian Forest

The flames in the beautiful candle top were starting to die out. As there was no wood in the forest that would function as a camp fire; the gang were stuck with the candle. Wayne looked around the camp-site, everybody was drowsy, hypnotised by the tiny yet dazzling flame of the candle. Wayne felt his eyelids getting heavy. He couldn't keep them open much longer. Wayne started to doze off, while sitting up. Of course he would expect Kat to wake him up the second he fell asleep but she must be equally as tired.

Suddenly a loud grunting noise awoke Wayne from his light sleep. It was Croagunk, who was also sleeping. In anger Wayne woke up and nudged Croagunk with his foot. The little, and usually slow, blue Pokémon awoke and jerked his head around to see who had awoken him.

"Croa?" he asked in his slow, deep voice. He was staring up at Wayne with his drowsy, bright yellow eyes.

"I don't know, don't ask me? Maybe it was a Pokémon that woke you up," Wayne told his Pokémon. As Wayne looked around to get his barrings correct he saw the groups nominated leader figure talking to Kat. They weren't deep into conversation, it looked like general chit-chat really.

"Umm, for now, I, uh, apologise... for any trouble... either of those silly boys may have caused you. I agree, sometimes groups can get a bit crazy, but... Anyways, I know this forest is capable of giving anyone the creeps... Let's just say we got out Pokemon here to help us out against any angry Beedrills or such. I know that's not much coming from me and Kawaine here... but..."

She was interrupted by Wayne. "Thanks a lot!" Wayne yelled from his log. Ari looked shocked, probably because Wayne was just asleep and Cain had wandered off somewhere. Wayne smiled at Ari and laughed. "Just Kidding!" Wayne added.

10 minutes after Wayne and Croagunk had woken each other up; Ari announced her newest discovery to the group, having just been playing with her Pokévice

"Hey everybody! I just found a map on my Pokévice! According to this, we're in a place that's very close to Pewter City! Oh, by the way, if you click the green button on the inside of your Pokévice from the main menu, you'll find the map, I'm pretty sure. Anyways, what I propose is that we continue on, since we're close anyway..."

There was a moment of silence. Some group members looked tired.

"...Personally," Ari continued, "...I don't think sleeping here's a good idea. For all we know, this could be someone's territory, maybe perhaps a group of Beedrill... Normally I'm not afraid of bugs, but still, the thought of waking up in the middle of the night to a swarm of who-knows what kind of angry Pokémon... especially not Weedle. Anyways..."

Wayne didn't have to think twice about the proposition at hand, he instantly stood up and gave an affirmative Nod too Ari; knowing that once at Pewter City he could have Pineco revived. And sure enough, within five minutes everyone had packed up camp and started back on the trail to Pewter City.

It was pretty intimidating in the night time Viridian forest. And the shrieks of wild Pokémon didn't help either. As they were walking a Wild Hoothoot jumped out at Wayne and then flew away, thus nearly giving him heart attack. He and Croagunk were tagging along behind the group, yet everybody was walking fast to get out of the forest ASAP. And there prayers were finally answered within about ten minutes. They could see the light bursting through the windows of the Forest exit rest stop, the borderline for Pewter city.

"WOO!" Wayne yelled very childlike as they progressed through the rest stop. Out side of the rest stop the gang could see the Pokémon center in the distance. Wayne grabbed Croagunk and just sprinted to the automatic, glass sliding door.

The Center was virtually empty as most people were in bed upstairs. But at the desk was two average height women with Pink hair wearing nurses hats, they were completley identical and obviously swapping shifts. Standing next to them were two Pokémon. One was a very round and chubby Pink Pokémon with pink hair on the side of its body and some white fluffy fur at the bottom like a dress. Above the Dress was a pouch containing an egg. The other Pokémon was much much smaller and the first of the nurses was holding it in her arms. It was also pink and round with an egg but it had long hair in a pony tail.

Wayne seized his Pokévice from his pocket and pointed it at the smaller Pokémon first.

"Happiny, the Prevolution of Chansey. It likes white round objects. It imitates Chansey and carries around a stone which is very similar to an egg. It puts the egg-like Round Stone into the pouch in front of its stomach. It will give the stone to opponents that it likes." The cool female voice stated.

Then Wayne pointed it at the other Pokémon.

"Blissey, the Evolution of Chansey. Blissey senses sadness with its fluffy coat of fur. If it does so, this Pokémon will rush over to the sad person, however far they may be, to share an egg of happiness that brings a smile to any face."

"Wow," Wayne said to himself as he approached the front desk. The Nurse with the Happiny bade goodnight to the other Nurse and proceeded upstairs.

"Good evening, how can I help you?" asked Nurse Joy

"I was wondering if you could heal my Pokémon?" Wayne asked politely as the rest of the gang entered the Pokémon Centre.

"Sure, with our new machines we can heal Pokémon without illnesses fairly quickly, may we have your Pokéballs please?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Sure, Croagunk, Return!" Wayne commanded before Croagunk could even look at Wayne, the trainer was to eager to talk to Pineco once again. He handed his Pokéballs over to the nurse who placed them in a machine. About thirty seconds later she emerged with a tray containing Waynes Pokéballs.

"Thank you, we wish you luck on your travels!" the Nurse smiled.

"Ok, Come on out, Pineco and Croagunk!" Wayne shouted releasing the Pokémon. In a flash of whit light they appeared infront of him.

"Piiine!" shouted Pineco as it tackled Wayne, who caught him and gave him a hug.

"Pineco! Welcome back!" Wayne yeleld happily as he embraced the Pokémon tightly in his arms.

OOC: I'll continue tommorow, this time I actually mean it xD.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
OOC: Oh my gosh I thought I'd posted here saying I was gonna be on vacation, but it appears I didn't. ._.
I'll post my IC later today or tomorrow.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OOC: Hope you had a good time on Vacation Kat! From now on I'm not going to promise when I'm going to post, something ALWAYS comes up... Also there's sort of an Anime Time Paradox in this when I re-read it but it doesn't matter does it? If it does I'll get rid of it. Also I'm not sure if I've said but instead of Pich I'm going to hget a very similar Pokémon who can still be rivals with Kats' Pichu, and any other Pokémon for that matter.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wayne: Pokémon Centre[/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PINECO! I'm so glad to see you're better!" Wayne exclaimed excitedly. [/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Piine!" He replied equally as happy.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Who says we go outside and find us some-" Wayne started but he was interrupted by the sound of the TV being turned up.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And now, live from Johto we have the Blackthorn City Pokémon Contest Final round! Featuring Tommy from New Bark Town and May from Petalburg City!" The announcer exclaimed on the TV. Wayne walked to the TV like a Zombie. Love hearts appeared in place of his eyes. [/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maaaay!" he started staring at the figure on the screen. He dropped Pineco without thining. A sweat drop appeared on Pinecos' back.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Skitty, Muchlax! Take the stage!" shouted the beautiful figure on screen as she threw the two Pokéballs containing the small kitten Pokémon and Chubby Green Pokémon.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I Wish I had a Skitty and Muchlax!" Wayne drooled. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pine?!" Pineco asked getting angry. He Jumped in the air gracefully and then started to Spin at a high velocity. He then charged at Wayne with a full powered Rapid Spin.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pineco?!" Wayne asked as he jumped out of the way of the Spinning Pinecone Pokémon. As he Jumped to the side Pineco Smashed into the wall and rebounded and hit the TV which exploded on Impact.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PINECO!" Wayne Yelled as he glared at the Dizzy Pineco on the floor. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hey I was watching that!"[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah Me too!" Yelled random voices from the Pokémon Centre.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Get him!" shouted another voice. Out of instinct Wayne grabbed Pineco and charged outside of the Pokémon centre, nearly smashing into the glass sliding door. As he reached the outside into the cold dark world, the people chasing him had stopped and retreated back inside.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pineco! What'd you do that for?!" Wayne yelled.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]<You love Skitty more than me!">" Pineco yelled and burst into floods of comedic Tears. Suddenly the Pure white Pokémon in his pocket started to beep. As Wayne pulled it out and opened it up. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pineco learned Fake Tears," the cool female voice exclaimed.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OOC: Yes I'm aware he can't learn that but what harm is it going to do? [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]<Ok, I faked it...>" Pineco laughed.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyway I love you way more than Skitty and Munchlax. I'm just saying I like them two Pokémon," Wayne exclaimed.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]<That's not what It sounded like.>" Pineco said slyly.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think you need to rest in your Pokéball," Wayne said glaring at Pineco.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]<No no! I'll be good!>" Pineco shouted in his own Poké-Language.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I thought so," Wayne laughed.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]After Wayne and Pineco had finished arguing they carried on walking. They had no Idea where to go they were just walking. As they were walking they approached a large white building. When hey reached the building they heard familiar voices from around the back.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"Okay, now it's time for one of these," The familiar voice said to herself. Wayne identified the voice as Ari. "See, Kawaine?" Ari said to her Puffly. "You're more powerful than you think! I guess that's where the expression 'dangerously cute' came from."

"Nyaa.. Puffwee!" Aris' Puffly said excitedly, causing them both to laugh. They emerged around the corner from the museum, obviously on the way back to the centre. Wayne dived round the corner. He didn't want Ari to think he was some kind of stalker.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As Ari walked into the distance Wayne emerged from his hiding place and let out a sigh. He and Pineco carried on walking. But Suddenly Wayne heared a scream.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]LOOK OUT!" [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wha?" Wayne started but then somebody smashed into him with a lot of force sending him flying.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WOULD YOU WATCH IT!" The voice screamed. Upon closer inspection it was the girl from Viridian city that he battled. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hey it's you!" He shouted. "The girl who stole Pinecos' Pokéball!" [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]She was tall and had long purple length hair bursting from behind a black bandanna. She was wearing clothes of two colours, Black and Pink. She had her Aipom on her shouler.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes, It's me, Coral!" She yelled at Wayne. "Future Team Rocket member!" She announced happily.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A sweat drop appeared on the back of his head. "You could never be a Team Rocket member!"[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oh yeah?! Well what's this?!" She yelled pointing at the object in Aipoms' Tail hand.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A Pokémon Incubator and Egg? So?" Wayne questioned.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I stole it from the Pokémon Centre!" She announced smugly. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well take it back!" Wayne yelled.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sure, if you can beat me in a rematch!" Coral exclaimed.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sure! A One on one!" Wayne yelled hot headedly.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Come on out, Teddiursa!" She yelled throwing a Pokéball. And in a flash of White lighta small teddy bear like Pokémon emerged.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A Teddiura?" Wayne asked himself as he took out his Pokévice.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Teddiursa, the Teddy bear Pokémon. Most Teddiursas are Nocturnal and only come out at night. But the rare few whoa aren't are said to be mischievous thieves as appose to their Nocturnal counterparts." [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oh yeah? Well Croagunk, It's time for battle!" Wayne yelled releasing his slow, small and Blue Pokémon.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Crroa," It said with its goofy smile.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Croagunk, use poison sting!" Wayne shouted. Croagunks' middle, Orange finger on her right hand Glew Purple and he charged at Teddiursa.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TEDDIURSA, DODGE AND USE METRONOME!" She yelled. As Teddiursa jumped.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Another Metronome?" Wayne asked.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yep!" she answered. Teddiursas fingers were wiggling left to right until they started to glow. Teddiursa smiled evilly. His fisted started glowing and he charged at Croagunk.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yay! A Focus Punch!" she yelled excitedly.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Teddiursa charged at Croagunk and hit him dead on with his glowing fist, sending Croagunk flying.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Croagunk! Are you Ok?" Wayne yelled.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]<Yes... I be OK >" Coagunk said slowly as he stood up.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Good! Croagunk, use Poison Sting again!" Wayne commanded. Croagunks middle finger glew Purple again and he charged at Teddiursa. It hit Teddiursa head on and Teddiursa glew Purple.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He's been poisoned, I know, use Refresh!" Coral commanded. Teddiursa glew White. Tiny white balls of energy circled him and disappeared. "He's now cured of poison, now, Metronome again!" Coral smiled.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Teddiursa waved his fingers again and this time he glew White. Then suddenly Teddiursa glew red and seemed to Explode![/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Croagunk!" Wayne yelled as he was engulfed by the fiery explosion. After the smoke cleared Croagunk was lying on the floor unconscious, as was Teddiursa.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HA! It's a tie, I'm keeping the Egg!" Coral yelled. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oh yeah?" Wayne asked. Croagunk had sat up and was staring at Coral.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No!" She yelled. She returned Teddiursa to its Pokéball and reluctantly gave the egg to Wayne.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You haven't heard the last of me!" She yelled as she ran the other way with Aipom.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm sure I haven't" Wayne said to himself. Suddenly Wayne heared a high pitced voice from the nearby bushes. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]AHHHHHHH!" Wayne screamed out of fright. "Who's there?"[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's me, Nurse Joy," She laughed. She emerged from the bushes in a bright Pink dressing gown holding a Happiny. "I saw how you saved the egg... And how you smashed out Televison," Nurse Joy laughed.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It was nothing," Wayne laughed nervously.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And as a reward, you can keep the Egg," She exclaimed happily.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Really?" Wayne asked. "Are you sure?"[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes," The Nurse smiled. "But you're going to have to pay for the TV," She said with a monotoned voice.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Really?" Wayne moaned. [/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, I'm kidding, Take this!" She laughed as she threw a Super Potion to Wayne. As Wayne tried to turn to the Nurse to thank her, she was gone. Wayne sprayed the Potion on Croagunk and returned him to his Pokéball. Then he turned his attention too the White and Blue striped egg.[/FONT][/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Welcome to the team," Wayne said to the Egg. He and Pineco got up and started to walk back to the Pokémon Centre.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OOC: Sorry for lack of detail in the whole Post, espescially the end. I was stuck for time :( Oh well. xD[/FONT][/FONT]

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
OOC: I was going to post last week... but that day, I had problems connecting to this site... Just my luck...

But yeah... reasons for not posting may also include Pokemon Diamond/Pearl which just came out?

IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...So Wayne decided on a little heroism, I suppose...? Ari thought as she continued back to the Pokemon Centre. She had just passed Wayne and Nurse Joy talking to each other, and had overheard Joy mentioning Wayne saving an egg stolen from the Centre.

Ari was not the sort of person who would think about other people a lot; rather, she was thinking about the Misdreavus she just caught. She had also just come up with a nickname for the Misdreavus, just the first thing that came to her mind. She liked to pick nicknames that make sense for what the Pokemon are--for example, her Puffly's nickname meant "cute huh?", and Misdreavus' nickname now referred to a deadly sort of gaze. But anyways, Ari not only thought about this--she took out her deep blue Pokevice and checked out the Misdreavus she had just caught.

Species: Misdreavus
Nickname: Shime
Type: Ghost
Level: 8
Ability: Levitate
Attacks: Psywave, Astonish, Screech

"Shime knows Screech," Ari confirmed. "Makes sense--Misdreavus is a Screech Pokemon, as far as I remember. Ohh, and another thing I remember is that Misdreavus evolves to some witch-ish Pokemon... though I have no idea how. I only caught a glimpse of it once back in Sinnoh. I would look it up in this Pokevice, but I don't know its name..."

"Puffwi puff puff??" Kawaine asked ari as she put away the Pokevice.

"It's all right, we're almost..."

Ari was interrupted by a familiar voice coming from the Pokemon Centre. And in fact it was familiar, because Chelsea was shouting at her Dratini, then chasing the "stupid snake" back into the building.

"You were as scared as I was! As if you knew it was just a Venonat!"

After Ari passed through the door which Chelsea left ajar, she saw Cain, who looked kind of tired. Apparently his Pidgey was back inside his Pokeball--and/or being healed by Nurse Joy.

...Speaking of Nurse Joy, that's who walked into the Centre a while after Ari entered. She was holding a Happiny as well as a small incubator--that which had contained the egg Wayne had just received. Speaking of Wayne, Wayne followed behind her, holding a white egg with blue stripes, and his trusty Pineco following behind.

"So, Wayne," Joy asked, "are you thinking about challenging the Pewter City gym?"

"Oh... of course!" Wayne replied.

"Well, let me give you a pointer. The gym uses Rock and Water-type Pokemon, and you will have to fight a double battle with the two leaders."

"...There are two gym leaders?" Wayne questioned.

Ari didn't say anything--but she did point to a flyer that was in plain sight next to the door, one that mentioned the new gym leaders.

"Anyways," Joy continued, "...Wayne, are these your friends?"
Joy pointed to Cain, Kat, Chelsea, and Ari.

"...Not that I would call us 'friends', but..." Ari answered, "...we are traveling together. We're all on some mission to enter the new Indigo League."

"Ohhh... the one with the new addition of the Pokemon Wars?" Joy clarified. "Well, I with all five of you good luck on your journey! Speaking of which... it's already 11:00, so shouldn't you all be getting to bed? You don't want to fall asleep in the middle of a gym battle!"

A few yawns sounded in the group. And after that discussion with Nurse Joy, much of the group now headed towards the hall that contained all the little bedrooms they would be staying in.

~ ~ ~

"Four. I'm looking for room number four..."
Ari was walking down the hall, holding Kawaine in one arm and a key in the other hand. Soon enough, she came to the room she was looking for, and thus entered it.

The room wasn't anything fancy or big--it just consisted of a bed, and a table or two. Anyways, when Ari entered this room, Kawaine jumped out of her arms and landed on the bed. Then she began to bounce around on it.

"Fffwiii!" Kawaine squealed with delight.

"Don't get your hopes up, Kawaine," Ari mentioned. "I'm not going to bed just yet. I'm sure Shime would not want to be locked up in her Pokeball forever."

With that, Ari let the Misdreavus she had just caught out of her Pokeball.

"Miss..." Shime squinted when she first came out of the ball.

"Oh, is the light too bright?" Want me to turn it off? Yes, let's be lit only by the moonlight."

Ari gave Shime a wink as she turned off the lamp that lit up the entire room. Immediately the room went dark, except for street lights and moonlight filtering in from the little window next to the bed. Whatever sort of light it was made Shime's neck orbs sparkle like newly polished rubies.

<"Ahhh, much better,"> Shime said with a sigh. <"Darkness, sweet darkness.">

<"...'Sweet' darkness?!?"> Kawaine muttered--she had stopped jumping on the bed and didn't sound nearly as joyful as before. <"It's so creepy... won't you turn the lights back on?">

To solve this, Ari didn't turn the lights back on, but rather picked the Puffly up and put her on the windowsill.

"There now, there's light over there," Ari said to Kawaine, trying to sound as gentle as possible--annoyed though she was.

<"Ari, do you know what I was doing back in the field where you--er, encountered me?"> Shime asked Ari.

"...Going around scaring people?" Ari guessed, though she knew her guess was not correct.

<"Well, you're sort of close... I was searching for energy to steal from people--energy that people give off when they experience fear. So in a way, you are correct. Lucky guess, perhaps. Anyways, I shall finish what I have started. I shall return by dawn. See you later... Oh, by the way... 'Shime'--is that what you call me? Niiiiice...">

A while later, Shime floated through the window and out into the city. Ari didn't mind--she had quite a bit of trust in her already, and didn't want to prevent her from doing what she seemed to love to do. So she just took off her shoes, hat, and jacket, and began to climb into bed.

"Puff!"
Kawaine knew Ari was about to go to sleep, so she jumped from the windowsill, and landed on Ari's chest.

"Oof, watch it..." Ari muttered.

After that, Ari had her hand on top of the little Puffly lying on top of her, as if to pet her. This remained true all through the time when Ari fell asleep...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Whoever posts next has the option of posting what happens the next morning. Time to avoid being stuck on tonight... And, Trainer Kat, I know you haven't posted since my last post, so if you want you can also include a part about what Kat is doing that night.

**Oh, a note about egg moves: It is okay for the wild Pokemon you catch to know egg moves, like Croagunk knowing Dynamicpunch and Misdreavus knowing Screech.

I will try to post again as soon as possible. Fortunately, I don't have school till Monday, so I should be able to post by then.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: We've had Thursday, Today (Friday) The Weekend and Monday off School xD But when we get back my school Year is doing some really important exams so I guess I should be revising rather than posting in Pokemon RPs. But I suppose this is more important than my future xD. Did I post the asking the Nurse Joy thing, sounds like character control to me. But It dosen't matter it was small and not important, helped move things along aswell. And by the way Kat, instead of being Pichu rivals the Pokemon in the egg is very similar to Pichu and will have a fun personality. (Considering the eggs colours it's not hard to guess).

IC:

"Room 6, where is room 6?" Wayne was thinking to himself as he carried his new 'addition' to his team along a dark corridor. He was of course beeing followed by his great friend Pineco who was hoping along merrily, yet tired.

"Let's see; Room 1, Room 2, Room 3, 4, 5, 9, 7, 8, 9..." Wayne muttered to himself. "Wait?! 9 dosen't come before 7!" he yelled.

"Clever boy!" the blonde girl that walked past her exclaimed cooly; as she walked into her room, followed by Meowth.

"Come back here Kat!" he exclaimed to her door rather loudly, trying not to shout. But the door just closed in front of Wayne and heeared no more wise cracks from her, just a giggle.

<"Maybe the Six was upside down Wayne,"> Pineco suggested. A sweat drop appeared on the back of Waynes head as he looked on at Pineco.

"Noo? Really?" he said sarcasticly.

<"Yep!"> Pineco beamed happily, obviously imune to sarcasm. Wayne progressed to his room, inserted he key into the lock, turned it and opened the door, revieling a cosy litle room with a single bed, a small dressing table with a mirror, a tiny on suite bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink. Also in the room there was a small window; moonlight was filtering through the condensation on top which burst the lunar rays into a thousand little white lights all around the room.

"Wow, this is nice, there's even some blankets and a matrass on the floor for Pokemon," He muttered to himself as he placed the Egg on his bed. "Come on ou Croagunk!" Wayne whispered as he released his Pokemon from its spherical home.

"Croaaa!" Yawned the blue Frog Pokemon as he appeared on the blankets -the ones on the floor-. Obviously still tired from the battle with Teddiursa (Even though he didn't have to doo that much) Croagunk immediatly curled up on the blankets and closed his amazing Yellow eyes.

<"I don't wanna go to sleep,"> Pineco moaned. He had the exact persona of a young child, obviously being a very yound Pokemon proved this. But despite it h was a competant battler, proving it earlier by destroying a TV in the lobby.

"Don't worry, as soon as your head... Well as soon as you hit the pillow you'll fall straight asleep," Wayne articulated as he stared into the young Pokemons' tired little eyes. He gave Pineco a hug and set him down on the blankets and sure enough Pineco fell straight asleep.

"Now, what to do with you?" Wayne pondered; looking at the White and powder Blue egg that was sitting on the end of his bed. His brain hatched a plan. (Get it, hatched? Tough cowed) He wipped out his pre white PokeVice and pointed it at the Egg.

"A Pokemon Egg. It's going to take some time to hatch," The oll female voice stated.

"That helped... I know!" He exclaimed as he picked up the Egg. He went into the bathroom and run some Hot water into the Sink. He placed a towel into the boiling water and wrapped it around the Egg. He then got a blanket from the floor in the bedroom and wrapped that around the Egg. He then placed it the the radiator to keep warm and switched the light on. It'd be warm enough and light enough to survie so he closed the bathroom door and prgoressed to his bed.

--------------------------------------------------------

20 Minutes later

Wayne had fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow. Tierd from his adventures. His first day as a Pokemon trainer was completed. As he lay in his bed something was out of place in his room. There was something hovering above him. When Suddenly:

"Missssssssss!!!" Screeched a very high pitched voice. Wayne awoke immediatly and screamed. Hovering above him was a floating head with bubblegum-pink flowing hair.

Before anything else could happen the Pokemon vanished and Wayne felt even more tierd than he had earlier, like soem energy had just vanished. He fell straight back too sleep.

OOC: I know I was supposed to do the morning but I'll let somebody else.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
By Ninetails:
-This RPG requires involvement. By signing up for this RPG, you are promising that you will stay in it and not just ignore it, and you better make good posts as well--not the three-line or all-lowercase ones I sometimes see. I specifically designed this RPG to simulate an actual Pokemon journey similar to the one Ash and his friends took together. In this RPG, our characters will really get to know each other as the journey progresses, which I hope will only double the fun. Oh and also, four people at the most will be allowed in this RPG, excluding myself. A deeply involved RPG such as this cannot function properly if it's too large--five should be a good number at most. However, at least three people in all (including me) are required to start this RPG.

Sorry about the double post and the mean quote but this is definatly dead right?

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Name: Mosten, Zoraku, or Bacoon
Appearance: Spiky White and Red hair(Red on the bottom White on the top),with a shirt that has a picture of a Dusk ball and red jeans.
Personality: Very kind,caring,funny,wierdly attractive somehow?
History: Mosten had a bad encounter in his region of Sinnoh.Over 75% of Sinnoh is controlled by an evil group called the future callers.So Mosten had borrowed a Pokemon to fly to the Johto Region.He landed in Azalea Town and is currently resting in a new inn at Azalea Town.
Starter: Piplup
Other:Can only hear what the mysterious Weavile says and friends name him BACOON for meaning Baka and Cocoon?
RPG Sample:This is during the Invasion in Sinnoh)
In a house's attic in Snowpoint City.
Mosten:This is terrible how the FutureCallers took over Snowpoint City.
Eiyuu:As a best friend of yours I can say that we are gonna be doomed!
Mosten:......Was that supposed to be funny or serious.
Eiyuu: Don't know...Wait I got an idea how we can escape!
Mosten:C'mon let's hear it how can we escape?
Eiyuu:..Well, here is the thing..I can't go.
Mosten:What do you mean you have to-.
Eiyuu:MOSTEN,WAKE UP FOR ONCE!!!
Mosten:.......
Eiyuu:YOU CAN ONLY DO IT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN SAVE US!!!!
Mosten:What the heck does that mean?
Eiyuu:Your father once told me that you can understand the true understanding of one Pokemon
who will help you and will let you sense the emotions,feelings,and the dark and lightness of a Pokemon!
Mosten: Did my pa tell you which one it was.
Eiyuu:No but he says when he comes it will come unexpected and will show a test of who you really are
and how your journey will help you.
Mosten:So what's your plan?
Later on Eiyuu hands Mosten his brother's Alakazam.After which he teleports to the Johto Region.
Mosten:Alakazam...I can't understand Pokemon very much but I know of one place in Johto called
Azalea Town can you take me there.
Alakazam nods his head and teleports.As Mosten bids a farewell and wishes Eiyuu be okay he checks in to a hotel
and rests for the day.But what he didn't know was his beginning of being a Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back