• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Here's are some visual examples of the effect of 'The Ancestor'.

-The first screenshot displays Volcarona with 'The Ancestor' birthsign.
-The second screenshot shows what the default step count is for a new Larvesta Egg.
-The third screenshot shows what the step count is for a new Larvesta Egg if one parent has 'The Ancestor' birthsign.
-The fourth screenshot shows what the step count is for a new Larvesta Egg if BOTH parents have 'The Ancestor' birthsign.

Combine this with the 'The Parent' birthsign's Incubate skill, along with the effects of Flame Body/Magma Armor to hatch Eggs in no time!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Here are some visual examples of the effect of 'The Eternal'.

-The first screenshot shows Salamence with 'The Eternal' birthsign.
-The second screenshot shows the Reincarnate skill in Salamence's menu options.
-The third screenshot shows Salamence's Memo Page BEFORE using Reincarnate.
-The fourth screenshot shows Salamence's Memo Page AFTER using Reincarnate. Notice the new text to describe its met conditions, and its new date of birth. Salamence's birthsign is reset to his new birthday (May - 'The Cleric') and his level is reset back to 1.
-The fifth screenshot shows Salamence with the "Second Step Ribbon", which is added automatically whenever a Pokemon is reincarnated.

Use 'The Eternal' to reset your Pokemon for new birthsign effects! Wait for a month with a birthsign you really want, and reincarnate your Pokemon for the new effect.

Be careful! Using Reincarnate will reset the Level, Happiness, EV's, birthsign and probably more I'm not thinking of. The Pokemon is treated as if it was born from an egg - but random attributes (gender, IV's, Nature, shinyness, etc) will NOT be reset. Make absolutely sure you want to reset your Pokemon before using this skill!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Mini-update to the first post:

Fixed a spacing issue in the PField_Time scripts that could prevent the game from loading up. Corrected some typos, and went a little more in-depth with some of the Birthsign descriptions. Everything should be complete now and ready to go.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
First and foremost, AMAZING job. GREAT changes! As always, the information you supplied is easy to follow and easy to implement. The Pokemon you've chosen for the new Zodiac are quite clever. You know, with a bit of tinkering, one could make several "weekly Birthsigns" per month to allow for an even more options, even an "Ordinary Time" where nothing happens to a Pokemon's birth in between ranges... but then again it wouldn't exactly be a 12-month Zodiac anymore, haha.

I'm loving the new ribbon. Looks wonderful, especially if the user is using my Ribbon Description/Selection script and finds that curious new ribbon as a delightful surprise. (You reminded me that seriously need to update it for 15.1.)
I'll tell you what I gathered in just a moment.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
First and foremost, AMAZING job. GREAT changes! As always, the information you supplied is easy to follow and easy to implement. The Pokemon you've chosen for the new Zodiac are quite clever. You know, with a bit of tinkering, one could make several "weekly Birthsigns" per month to allow for an even more options, even an "Ordinary Time" where nothing happens to a Pokemon's birth in between ranges... but then again it wouldn't exactly be a 12-month Zodiac anymore, haha.

I'm loving the new ribbon. Looks wonderful, especially if the user is using my Ribbon Description/Selection script and finds that curious new ribbon as a delightful surprise. (You reminded me that seriously need to update it for 15.1.)
I'll tell you what I gathered in just a moment.

Thanks for the support, I'm glad you like it.

And I agree that there's a lot of potential with what could be done with this system. One of my goals when designing this was to give people options, and just lay the groundwork to allow them to create their own systems using this as a base.

And I actually use your Ribbon script! Haha that's part of what gave me the idea to add that in as part of the effect.

Years
Where i can find summary images and tokens of the following pokemon birthsigns? I want to make a pokemon horoscope that makes for the real birthsigns. If someone can provide the pictures, i will give my thanks. XD

aries = mareep
taurus = tauros
gemini= klink
cancer= krabby
leo= pyroar male
virgo= kirlia
libra= ferrothorn
scorpio= scorupi
sagitarius= sawsbuck spring form
capricorn= gogoat
aquarius= simipour
pisces= finneon

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Where i can find summary images and tokens of the following pokemon birthsigns? I want to make a pokemon horoscope that makes for the real birthsigns. If someone can provide the pictures, i will give my thanks. XD

aries = mareep
taurus = tauros
gemini= klink
cancer= krabby
leo= pyroar male
virgo= kirlia
libra= ferrothorn
scorpio= scorupi
sagitarius= sawsbuck spring form
capricorn= gogoat
aquarius= simipour
pisces= finneon

I made all the images myself, so youll just have to make them if you want them. Well, I "made" them in the sense that I google image searched everything and put them together in photoshop.

Theyre fairly simple to make though, you dont really need any artistic skills. Just get the Pokemon's official art off bulbapedia, use a program to color them completely black and then paste them onto a space background (like the one in the birthsigns folder), then use the wand tool to cut the image out.

Ta-da! You now have a space picture with a pokemon-shaped hole in it. The background image in the birthsigns folder will be displayed underneath this image, making it appear like the pokemon's silhouette is in the night sky. You just have to make this background image darker than the one you used for the Pokemon.

Then just google image search for a star picture, copy/paste it a bunch of times onto the pokemon image, and then connect the dots with a line tool.

As for the tokens, its pretty much the same thing, but smaller. Get the Pokemon's art off bulbapedia, color it black, and shrink it to fit onto the token.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Update! (Outdated)
Error fixes and tweaks.
Courtesy of Super Dedenne

It has been brought to my attention that some people might experience an error with Birthsign effects that add a new command in the Pokemon's window. Apparently trying to use the cancel button while the command list is open may bring up an error. I haven't been able to replicate the error myself, but if you've been experiencing it, the following fixes should resolve the issue.

For the scripts found in Step 6 of the default birthsigns, use this instead:
Spoiler:

For the scripts found in Step 8A of the second set of birthsigns, use this instead:
Spoiler:

All of these changes have been updated in the main post.

Last edited:
Years
I added a small bit (untested, but should work) to make you not exit the whole summary page.

Spoiler:

and then
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I added a small bit (untested, but should work) to make you not exit the whole summary page.

Spoiler:

and then
Spoiler:

Thanks for the input. Works perfectly from what I can tell. The only issue I've noticed is if you're using animated sprites, they freeze and won't move while the Birthsign page is up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Where do you find the files that I have to edit?

Hmm...I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I tried to make the instructions as clear as possible. You can find everything in the game's script; other than the graphics, which are of course located within the Graphics folder.

PField_Time
PokeBattle_Pokemon
PScreen_Party
PScreen_Summary
PScreen_EggHatching

Those are the main areas of the script you're searching for to install the base scripts. They might be named something different if you're using an older version of Essentials (this is for 15.1, I havent tested anything in older versions).

Years
Hmm...I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I tried to make the instructions as clear as possible. You can find everything in the game's script; other than the graphics, which are of course located within the Graphics folder.

PField_Time
PokeBattle_Pokemon
PScreen_Party
PScreen_Summary
PScreen_EggHatching

Those are the main areas of the script you're searching for to install the base scripts. They might be named something different if you're using an older version of Essentials (this is for 15.1, I havent tested anything in older versions).

How do I bust open that script then

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
How do I bust open that script then

Oh, I see. To access the script, you just press the Script Editor button within the RPG Maker XP program that comes with Essentials. The button is located on the top right, next to a music note icon that opens the Sound Test. Once you open that up, the names of each section of the script will be on the list on the left. Then just follow the instructions in the first post.

Years
Oh, I see. To access the script, you just press the Script Editor button within the RPG Maker XP program that comes with Essentials. The button is located on the top right, next to a music note icon that opens the Sound Test. Once you open that up, the names of each section of the script will be on the list on the left. Then just follow the instructions in the first post.

Which program?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I like these kind of creative script, but yours sample effect are too imbalanced. For the first set: Cured of Pokérus, IVs change, Hidden Ability or always born shiny is too useful. Born with teleport (that isn't good as Fly in early game), or female (that is useless on genderless pokémon) is almost no useful.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I like these kind of creative script, but yours sample effect are too imbalanced. For the first set: Cured of Pokérus, IVs change, Hidden Ability or always born shiny is too useful. Born with teleport (that isn't good as Fly in early game), or female (that is useless on genderless pokémon) is almost no useful.

The first birthsigns I created were all designed to be more of a sample. Most of their effects are rather basic just to convey the idea of what can be done (and are easily modified if you don't like the values). The second set is where I got more creative with the effects.

With that said, I feel like they're more or less balanced. Getting Pokerus right from the start is indeed a huge buff, but that's why I limited it to only cured Pokerus, so it cannot be spread to others. The IV buffs have a drawback in that one IV will always be 0. And getting Hidden Abilities is only useful on a case-by-case basis.

As for usefulness, not EVERY sign is meant to be useful for every Pokemon. Sure, the "Maiden" sign is completely irrelevant on genderless or gender-locked Pokemon. But on something like Eevee, it's a godsend for breeding purposes. And shiny Pokemon don't really have any "value" considering these are unofficial fan-games, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me to implement a method for the player to get them as they please. And it comes at the cost of giving up a potentially useful Birthsign for one that is merely cosmetic.

The Teleport skill can be very useful, depending on how you build your game. Having access to a quick travel method early in the game can make things a lot easier, and it frees you up from HAVING to carry a flier at all times. It's not meant to be a replacement for Fly, more of a back-up option.

Back