• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did your last relationship end?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
She got too clingy and I wasn't feeling much for her emotionally so I said I was done more or less. This was sometime around 2012 when I was still trying to graduate high school.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well it was a long distance relationship and it ended becaus he didnt have the same feelings for me anymore, so he ended the relationship.I was pretty upset about it, and still am. It's making me very afraid of having another relationship, and Im confused about what I want, so I'm having a difficult time because of it all.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Long story short, I got cheated because my EX loves another guy.

Sad story, but this happens way too frequently already for me to bother with another relationship.

Years
I was in a long distance relationship and I guess he couldn't handle the distance? He got depressed when I said I wouldn't be able to visit for Christmas (I was in New York and he was in Canada) and stopped talking to me much. Eventually he said he lost interest, so. I was 16-17 so I can see why my parents were too scared to let me go alone, paha.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My last relationship was a long distance relationship that I was in for 2 and a half years. I think back on why it ended and there were a couple things that were building up that didn't make me happy, but I think the biggest thing was that I realized that I wasn't in love with him, I just simply loved him. I never had a boyfriend before him, so it wasn't until other things started happening in our relationship that I realized this. There was the fact that we seemed to be growing on different paths, and I felt like I was trying to work towards something while he wasn't. I guess in a way I felt like a mother- checking up on him.. which was fine because you always want to look after your SO, but it became a bit taxing on me that I guess I didn't know if I could trust I could rely on him to do something without having to remind him. He was a really great guy overall though. Caring and honest and smart and all that, and he knew how to handle my moodswings and was supportive, but I think about it and I don't think he was right for me in the end is all due to the passion-factor. I ended it but it took a good 3 weeks of reflecting and crying and all that to make sure I was making the right decision.

I'm in a relationship now and have been for a year and I'm very happy, and he has found someone and is happy and we are on good terms so it all worked out in the end.

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Well... first off, he didn't want me to play my Violin while in music class (Uh yeah).
THEN, he wanted me to get a fake tan 'cos of my amelanosis. (Like that'll be anything but trouble)
Oh, and then he wanted me to sleep with him.
But when it came down to it, I only agreed to go with him because a friend of mine is his sister, and he was apparently obsessed with me. Kinda creepy. But that was years ago, and I don't dabble in that stuff.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
When we first started dating, he was more into me than I was into him. He was the first to say I love you, and he pretty much me in the center of his life. He would call me all the time asking me where I was when I didn't return his texts right away. So I sat him down and told him that he needs to stop smothering me...

Then a few months later he did, and he started making friends at college. He really started to change, and we kind of grew apart. Only I had started to smother him.

So after weeks of trying to cope with his new friends and not having time for me, he realized he wasn't in love with me anymore. So we broke up. That was around a year ago I think, and man I'm still trying to get over it.

Akita

Returned
Years
  • Age 27
  • ohio
  • Seen Dec 9, 2019
I was asked out, almost two years ago at this point. We dated for a little over a year and a half. He was basically my best friend, and we had an amazing bond. However, my ex was not a fan of my religious beliefs or the fact that I am (mostly) openly asexual. After about a year and a half, he decided he was entitled to sex, like I somehow owed him for putting up with me. He even belittled me for it in front of other people. As much as I loved him, I couldn't tolerate being treated like that any longer and dumped him. I've been very kind, as he's broken my heart once and I remember how it feels. He's still very angry and bitter...

yeah. Kids, don't let people walk all over you. Especially not for a year and a half. I'm in a much healthier relationship now.

Nakala Pri

Me and my friend became really distant until we just forgot each other. :/

Oh well, more room to murder the dance floor! :D

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
"I'm taking myself out of this equation. You think you can solve me like I'm some problem on your blackboard. Well I'm not the ******* problem, you are! And you're supposed to be so smart.....if you are so smart, then why didn't you see this coming, huh?" -Ex-girlfriend

She was the most materialistic person I'd ever met. She'd always ask for money, and actually ask for expensive gifts instead of being surprised with them. Time and time again I'd talk to her about her excessive needs, but she'd always ignore me. I have no idea why I fell for her...she was beautiful, I guess. In the end, I just ignored her for a few days until she stormed over to my place and got hysterical with me. Said a few memorable things, like that quote. Wasted too much time and money with that woman. Now she's just a bad memory.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Never been in a romantic relationship, but the last friendship I lost was simply because we ran out of things to say to each other/do together. We grew apart and really don't have anything in common anymore.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Because I can't do relationships, obviously.

Basically the only girl I've ever had didn't really want a relationship, so after one date she texted me saying "it's over". I texted her asking why and got no reply.

jcl

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
My ex broke up with me about a week ago for pretty bizarre reasons. He's a pretty bizarre person. He didn't like that I was "pushing away my friends." Now I have no one to talk to just to get feelings off my chest. :S I think I'm being driven insane.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
She sent me a Dear John letter when I was in boot camp. She said that her new boyfriend she found actually cared enough to stay near her and how i'm such a bad guy for joining the military. That had to be one of the most ignorant letters I have ever received, ignorant time to send that to me too. She even told me to send back all the pictures she sent to me while I was there. She should have just broke up with me before I left if she really felt that way. No matter though, got that girl back good. My friends gave me all the pictures they had of their girlfriends, I mixed those pictures in with the pictures of random girls and wrote "Here's your pictures back. I forgot which one was you anyways."

Morale of the story! Break up with your girl before you go play GI Joe with the big boys. It's not fun having your Drill Sergeant making you go face-to-concrete and callling you a pussy for being depressed over a girl (although his method was surprisingly effective in helping me get over her). The end.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My last relationship was the only one I've been in, and it was four years ago. One reason was distance. We lived three hours apart but our time management was absolutely horrible. Two months before we broke up, I started to just...be distant. It was the middle of my first semester of college, and I was so into my schoolwork. Then days later he started to assume that I was cheating on him because he saw a picture of me with another guy, which was another friend. I tried to explain that we had nothing between each other, and that I'd always love him no matter what. We were one step closer to moving in together...the following year to be exact, but his jealousy got the best of him, and boom. December 7th, 2009 was the day he broke up with me via facebook and never spoke to me again. Just like that. He just left me in the dust and to this day now I still feel awful.

Back