• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Reapers: Attack on Atlantis (M)(OOC)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Name: Rainier Tanner

Appearance: I am not the tallest of men. But I'm still a hit with the ladies. Purple hair, blue eyes, what more do you want? A muscular body? I've got that too. I'm a strong fighter and strong willed, if a bit arrogant at times. I wear a purple tunic, white leggings and tall brown boots. I also like to sport a green shawl, when not in battle; I don't wear it under my armour, but I always have my purple scarf tied at the back, with two long trails behind me. I have a scar on my face, curling from my cheek to my neck, stopping just before my Jugular vein.

When I'm on duty, My usual attire remains, but I much prefer a lighter, leather armour to a steel plated armour, but will use it when needed.

Personality: I'm a ladies' man, what else can I saw? I'm strong-headed, strong-willed but can be arrogant at times, I accept that fact. I will follow any just, honourable military figure, and will challenge any I feel are unfit to command me. As such, I am often put down by others for being so outspoken and rebellious. However, I feel that in times of need, a leader should always make decisions based on what is best for everyone. My decisions can be rash and often ill-thought through, but will always be with good intent.

Supervisor Reference: Rainier is challenging to work with, but a very hard-working and thorough member of the force. He is generally avoided by other members, but respected, and can be depended upon to make the right decision, should the need arise. But he can be a little arrogant, and can cause commotion if not kept in check once in a while. And be careful with him around ale. This man can chug ale like water, and definitely lives up to the title "ladies' man".

Weaponry: My weapon of choice is the Trident. I also have some skill in using a short sword, but a katana is preferable, since I'm a fast, light-footed assassin, not a brawler. Archery isn't my forté but I can hit a target from 500 yards, which was more than adequate for the army. I'm well built too, so hand-to-hand combat isn't too much trouble for me either. But I'm short, which does provide some issues in brawls.

Background Information: I grew up in the less fortunate areas of Atlantis. Not that this was a problem, since I had more freedom that I ever saw the upper classes having. In class, I used to excel at problem solving classes, but I became a little to confident in my abilities. One day, I got challenged to a fight. I was winning, tactically, but strategically I was outmatched, having become arrogant and naive in thinking my opponent would always play by the rules. I ended up scarred for life, both physically and mentally. The boy attacked me with a glass shard laying on the road. I nearly lost my eye, and gained a scar that would forever remind me of how not to be. Not that it helps all the time, but when the time is right, it does the job. From that day, I vowed to better myself, training every night to become stronger, physically and mentally. After a month I challenged the same boy, and beat him, outsmarting his trap. I hadn't played by the rules this time, but that actually didn't help me. I was caught in the fight overpowering the boy, and was punished severely. This is when I became sceptical of everyone in power. I caused many more problems, being a rebel, an outcast. I fought anyone and everyone who had different ideal than I. My parents grew tired, society grew tired. Later on I found myself out of a home, job or opportunity to right my wrongs.

That's when I met him. My master was harsh, but he gave me a place to stay, an opportunity to prove myself and the chance to better myself. I quickly grew under his harsh tutelage. After three years I was finally able to apply for the army, and put my skills to use where I wouldn't disrupt society. He also taught me how to properly manipulate water. He taught me techniques that really upped my abilities, being able to use water to enforce my attacks, or assassinate my enemies. Some very dark techniques I was told never to repeat to anyone, but I can trust you, right?

But this couldn't last forever. He was out on patrol and one drunk, unruly civilian wanted to cause a problem. They picked a fight, and by some ill-fated coincidence, my masted ended up with a chair leg through his neck. I was maddened with grief, and vowed vengeance. I snuck into the jail and, using the techniques my master taught me, assassinated him without trace. Since then, I've been a soldier with a loose jaw in the army, still trying to prove myself. And I will. No matter what it takes. I'll prove to everyone I'm someone they can depend on.

My family heritage is English, but my name is Nordic, and my surname originates from the occupation held by my ancestors.

Roleplay Sample
: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8687927#post8687927 Probably my favourite chapter so far. If you also need a "Day in the life..." Then message me, and I'll add one no worries!

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
I will do exactly that when I'm at my PC. I only have my phone right now, so changing the CSS will be hard.

EDIT: Done, hopefully you can read it now :)

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Is this still open? I'm wanting to SU. :)

DONE

aa12648c9fec2e4576f4785d536fd31b.jpg

Acamus the Silent

Male || 29 years old

Appearance: The first thing anybody will notice about Acamus is that he almost never removes his armor in public. His head is covered completely by a visor where only his eyes could be seen. He wears the traditional Atlantean Guard armor with a cape picturing a three-leaf clover. His shoulder pads are rounded with a small spike that is used primarily for aesthetics.

However, when he removes his armor, it could be told that Acamus is tall, standing at a heigh of 6'5". He has a shoulder-length hair with the color similar to his armor: deep silver. His eyes are of the same color and is slanted. His eyebrows are very thin and his mouth is perpetually, but slightly, curved, giving him the appearance like that of a cat that is about to pounce. For reference, here.

Personality: Acamus is a silent person. He spends his idle time often brooding alone. His aloof nature often deters people from talking to him which does not bother Acamus at all. He prefers silence and sanctuary over the hubbub that comes with people everyday. He considers it taxing whenever he needs to interact and socialize with people (with Acamus, this means being around people, standing menacingly.)

The only thing that is truly well known of Acamus is his lack of belief in luck. He considers anyone who relies on pure luck to be complete fools. There is nothing in the world that is left to chance as everything is affected by significantly many parameters that one can change at will if one can only put his or her mind to it. There is no amount of four-leaf clovers in the world that can defeat the output of rigorous training.

In battle, Acamus is reserved, preferring to stand back and watch his opponents before acting himself. He studies their patterns and once he has an established map of his enemies' actions, he then react accordingly. This makes him a force to be reckoned with in single-combat but hinders him during rallies as one should be instinctive during such times.

Weaponry: Acamus prefers a long sword over any types of weaponry as it provides him his much needed distance to study his opponents. However, he is also trained in close-quarters combat and is skillful with the use of a dagger or a shortsword. Being tall, he has no problems with hand-to-hand combat as his height always gives him the advantage. He is perfectly balanced so he cannot be caught off-guard by attacks trying to outbalance him. He is also capable of using a mace or a hammer but prefers not to do so as the weight of the weapon more often than not hinders him from moving.

Acamus carries a shield that bears the same three-leaf clover in his cape.

Background Information: Not much is known from Acamus' past except that he was raised in the Atlantean barracks. If not for the superb control over water, many people would have doubted Acamus' lineage. It was unknown who his parents was and if they are still alive. He never had the compulsion to look for his parents, however. He focused his mind and body on training and that was enough reason to live.

From a very young age, Acamus tried to study the way of the weapons, a little different from his peers as most of them chose to develop their control over water. He studied the proper way to slash with a long sword, stab with a dagger, maul with a mace, shoot an enemy from afar with an arrow. After he was done mastering the weapons available for use for an Atlantean guard, he joined the force and proceeded to study the way of the water. Until the present day, Acamus is still developing his powers.

It was also unknown why Acamus took a vow of silence. Many speculated it was to reserve his energy for fighting instead of spending it on talking, as Acamus is not really the talker even before the vow. However, it purely remains speculations as Acamus never told anyone and prefers to live his life in secret.

Roleplay sample: I'm gonna write because it is more fun.

The wind was buffeting Acamus' face as he stood facing the sea near the pier. There were gulls flying overhead, waiting for the opportune moment to grab a distracted bystander of their food. The sun was nearly setting, the glare bouncing of the sea and into Acamus' silver eyes. The tall man cast a long shadow over the pier, his silver armor glinting in the dusk. Acamus decided to move from his spot and walked along the beach. It's been a few hours since his shift had ended. There was almost nothing happening in Atlantis that is worth his effort. The long walks on the beach cleared his mind before he went home so he took them. He had nothing else to do after all.

His armor was clinking from walking so he took note to polish it upon coming home. His sword was likewise rusted but since it came for free for serving, he will not waste time in polishing it. Acamus will just return it on the morrow and get a new one. He never got attached to his weapons, despite their longevity. His shield was another matter, of course. The three-leaf clover shield is an image that people knew around this parts. It was Acamus' sigil of sorts.

Acamus decided to train his water control. He approached the see until the waves barely meet his toes. He held out his hand and started to move them in a circular motion, twisting and turning. He then made clenched his fist and raised it, just a few centimeters above his shoulders. A ball of water rose with it, complete with the sea foam and some sand particles. Acamus released his hand and the ball came flowing down to the sea again.

Nothing was happening. Acamus is getting restless.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Acamus is currently walking among the merchant stalls. Anyone is free to interact with him! (although it might be difficult because you know, silent vow)

Circuit

Years
Gimme, I'm most likely going to save my first post for the weekend, since I'm like up to my head in shit I've gotta do. I want to use the week to get the main stuff out the way, and leave the weekend for more creative, quality stuff :)

Years
Gimme, I'm most likely going to save my first post for the weekend, since I'm like up to my head in shit I've gotta do. I want to use the week to get the main stuff out the way, and leave the weekend for more creative, quality stuff :)

Sounds good to me :D

Back