• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fragmented (M) (OOC)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I also finished mine hahaha because I have no sense of priorities and decided to finish it up real fast lest it hang in my mind for the next few days... o)-<

Hope it's alright!

Years
Lozzop and Loki, you are both accepted.
I'll be submitting the IC thread over the next few days, so keep an eye open guys.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I will have to get my SU far in later today. I have a christining to go to for a friend and of course everyone is going and if I don't (even though I'm atheist) then I'll be hated forever and ever. So yeah I'll get that up later today.

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
Hey if one of the reserves expires or someone drops out, could I get a reserve please? This sounds super interesting

Years
@Tixen - I'll include you on the list of people to notify. After that it would be first in gets the reservation though.

@Greiger - Sure thing. Have fun :P

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Hai gimmie, instead of touching to person can It be direct eye contact (liek matt parkman fom heros)

Years
I haven't seen heroes, but I guess so long as it is sustained direct eye contact and you're careful not to make it OP it should be alright. It's pretty hard to make direct eye contact in combat though, so it should work okay.

The beginnings of my own SU are below

Name: Jace Caradoc
Nicknames: N/A

Appearance: Things like build, hair colour, eye colour, ethnicity and attire. A picture may be used but a written description will still be required.

Personality: Your characters views, quirks, character flaws or positive aspects etc. Their appearance is who they look like, this is who they are.

Gift: Jace possesses the gift of telekinesis - he can control the movement of objects with his mind causing them to move faster, slower and in different directions even if they are not already moving. This is a powerful gift, one that can activate as fast as Jace can think, but it does have limitations;

1. The larger/heavier the object, the more strain put on Jace.
2. Living beings that frequently change their movement and struggle are difficult to control.
3. Jace can only complete a single action at a time at this stage, although he is working on developing his Gift further.​

Weapons/Tools: Because he can turn pretty much anything into a weapon with his ability, Jace carries no real weapons.

Other: Include anything that doesn't fit the other categories here. You can post theme songs under this section also if you choose to have one.

RP Sample: An extract from another RP (linked to said RP) or write "A day in the life of your character".

I'll try to finish it tomorrow

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Just wondering, what level of mastery should our characters possess on their abilities?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Puttin' dis here for now. I've decided on a new power. How does this one sound?

Name: Duke Mattern
Nicknames: "Fall"

Appearance:
me_thane_krios_huminized_by_lelushka-d4xz99c.png

Duke is a tall, reedy fellow, standing at 6'7 and weighing in around 160 pounds when in his undisguised form. The first thing one might notice about him is his unnatural green tinted skin. The abnormality originated from a failed attempt to blend in with a green wall by manipulating the melanin in his skin, only causing it to be a strange half-green. Now he can only revert back to its normal color. His long brown hair is usually slicked back behind his head in an unkempt mane of sorts. His eyes are a dark brown, although they almost seem to be black.

Duke's apparel, for the most part, consists of a long-sleeved black trench coat with faded grey collars, buttons, and other such things. Underneath his trench coat he wears a charcoal grey tank top with a deep neck. He wears tight leather pants that are just loose enough to provide easy movement, are almost impossible to be heard when they chafe against each other. His feet are adorned by black leather boots, which are also very stealthy.

Duke does not usually take his default form unless he is alone or with a group he trusts. He usually changes his appearance on a daily basis so he can avoid suspicion of the military.

Personality:
"An assassin is a weapon. A weapon does not choose to kill. The one who wields it does."

"Fall", although an unusually gifted assassin, is extremely gentle, kind, and polite. He feels sorrow with every life he takes, pain with every heart that is hurt for the loss of a loved one, and contempt when he receives payment for an assassination. He is deeply troubled by his occupation, but he sticks with it in order to make a living. Inside him is a struggle to find inner peace. To find honor in this world so he may finally repay Heliopolis for the pain he has caused. Fall has tried turning to religion to reconcile himself, but he is still searching. Every night he asks for forgiveness from whatever may be watching him.

When interacting with people, Duke is quiet, courteous, and kind. Although he is kind, he can be rather straight-forward at times, much like a child. He might point out that one has soiled there pants, that their head is strangely shaped, or ask odd questions such as, "How many times do you think that man will blink. It is quite annoying." He views those close enough to be called friends as "Irreplaceable," and is willing to do anything within his ability for them. He is fearless in the face of death, having been in the circumstances several times. He has virtually no fears, other than the fear of what will happen to him after he dies.

Fall is easily amused by oddities to the point of child-like curiosity. When shown something such as one of those talking dogs, he will watch it for hours in amazement, often saying the phrases, "How funny!", "May I keep it?", "Does it always do that?", or "What do you think will happen if I try to poke it?"

Gift: Manipulation of the Body Form: Duke has the unnatural ability to manipulate his entire body, from muscles, to organs, to bones, and even his outward appearance for brief periods of time. He can alter his muscles, either making them extremely dense to increase his strength immensely, or making them all small as possible, allowing him to move faster and more limber than the normal human. He can manipulate his bones as well, making them extremely dense to absorb more damage, or making them smaller so he can move faster. He can even grow bone blades and horns from various parts of his body. He has the ability to "dope" his body, meaning he can increase the blood flow to certain areas of his body to increase his endurance. Duke can decrease the size of his heart, allowing for it to pump faster and faster to increase the flow of blood throughout his blood stream. He can expand his liver so he can automatically deal with poison. Thane can alter his outward appearance as well. He can change the color of his hair and eyes, make himself taller, and even change the very outline of his face.

Along with the advantages that his powers give him, he has disadvantages for them all. When he increases the density of his muscles he becomes slower and more susceptible to attack, and when he decreases the density he becomes fragile, and the same goes for his bones. He lacks the ability to heal himself, so if he causes a bone sword to sprout from his hand he'll have a gaping hole where that sword once stood. Manipulating your organs is dangerous to begin with. It has the potential to come across other organs, causing internal bleeding and other such problems. It extreme cases it can burst his organs or cause them to shrivel up if he shrinks them too far.

Weapons/Tools: Thane is a master of close combat, and requires no weapon, although he has had training with multiple types of firearms, ranging from small handguns to rocket launchers.

Other: Demons by the Imagine Dragons

Also, Duke is not known by his actual name. Simply Fall.

RP Sample: Never Split the Party, post number 2 for me

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Name: Michael Miller
Nicknames: The Night Flier

Appearance: Michael stands at 5'4" and thanks to living his whole life within the underground caverns he sports pale white skin. Apart from that aspect he has made pains to alter the rest of his appearance. His natural brown hair has instead been dyed a deep black color and he places colored contacts over his green colored eyes so that they appear to be brown instead to the casual observer. In addition to his contacts he wears a set of glasses that don't alter his perception in any way and only help in further concealing his identity. Whenever he does walk around on the streets he will wear a blue baseball cap just in case he comes upon anyone who would potentially recognize him. His street clothes often consist of short sleeved shirts that have rips and tears along with blue torn up pants.

Whenever he's doing business he'll change into a more appropriate uniform for the occasion if he has time. Such a uniform will include a pair of jeans along with no shirt. Often times if he's meeting with someone he must intimidate he'll shift into his second form, that of a large batlike creature. In this state Michael will grow wings that push out from his shoulder blades, brown fur will cover his whole body, his ears will grow larger, he will grow fangs in his mouth, and his feet will become digitigrade and allow him to grip onto surfaces to hang down from. If he is wearing any shirts will transforming they will often be shred in the process and will only leave traces of his presence.

Personality: Michael is a man who strives on perfection. Ever since he was young he was constantly drilled by his parents that his accomplishment and performance were the only important things in this world, and so Michael treats them as the most important things in his life. Everything from making the right first impression to making sure that he follows procedure accordingly. Everyone loves the guys who follows the orders and they never have to suspect that he would mess up or not follow through with a certain rule simply because he didn't like it. At the same time Michael is very punctual, often arriving to a meeting spot minutes beforehand in order to ensure that he is not one second off.

One might suspect that Michael himself thus as a amiable gentlemen. He does his best to make his employers pleased so obviously he must be a good boy… right? That would be most likely be the case if he didn't have to hide around every single corner. Given the many events he witnessed while he was a registered gifted Michael now harbors a hatred toward those government officials who force many like him to be essentially under house arrest. He considers that rude and as the saying goes, karma can be a b**ch.

Michael delights in causing any harm to the government that he can, especially if they have an anti-gifted agenda. Such feats include tailing such officials, playing messenger boy to pass along threats to them their families and friends, and even abducting them from the streets in the cover of darkness. He doesn't question if he even has to kill them, so long as they get what is coming to them. In any case, due to his hatred of such officials he has gained a general dislike for the government in general. Even if there are officials up for election who promise to decrease the discrimination against gifted he won't believe them. Of course if anyone sees someone falling from a great height to their death on the ground, they often suspect The Night Flier to be the culprit. Despite the nature of his crimes Michael believes that if he is the one to perform these deeds, then no other gifted will have to taint their hands with such foul play.

Gift: Michael is able to shift into a second form whenever he pleases. This form is of a bat like creature that differs from Michael in a few ways. Whenever in his bat form Michael gains the ability to fly with his wings, though he is more prone to tire out if he flies for too long. He is able to use his more sensitive ears to hear sounds from far away and is able to map an area with echolocation. He is also able to grip onto surface such as wood or steel rods with his elongated feet.

In his form however Michael's hearing is so in tuned that if any loud sounds happen nearby he's oft to become deaf from anywhere lasting a few minutes to several hours depending on the severity of the noise and how long he was exposed to it. Such loud sounds can include alarms going off, very loud music, or explosions. Whenever such noises overwhelm him Michael falls into a dazed state where his echolocation isn't properly registered. He'll flail around and end up crashing into walls. If the sound is very potent then it can send him into an unconscious state. Not only that, but Michael exhibits an aversion to bright lights while in this form. If an item such as a flashlight is shined on his face, if a previously dark room is lit up suddenly, or if he is exposed to strobe lights his eyesight will become plagued with black dots and he won't be able to see for several seconds.

Weapons/Tools: Michael doesn't possess weapons so much as protective measures to ensure that he isn't rendered ineffective. These measures include a pair of tinted goggles that can keep his eyes protected against bright lights as well as ear plugs that greatly diminish the sounds his ears can hear. Of course the drawbacks are that the goggles limit his sight and the ear plugs prevent him from using his echolocation, but it's better to be somewhat effective than completely useless.

Other: Michael works under various employers and word of mouth gets around of his effectiveness, so he often finds himself having to travel around constantly to meet with new potential employers.

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7819420&postcount=1067

Years
@Challenger - That's fine, I actually have an idea I'll run past you in case you feel like giving it a go.

@Greiger - Your strange hybrid of Skellen and Bass is accepted xD

Years
The complete SU for my character is below

Name: Jace Caradoc
Nicknames: N/A

Appearance: Jace is tall with a lean, but not ridiculously skinny build. Standing at around six feet and two inches tall Jace towers over most other people. Jace has sharp, angular features and whilst he isn't the bulkiest guy around the muscle he does have is well defined indicating that he is quite physically fit. Jace

Having lived in the underground city of Heliopolis, only experiencing the limited light provided by the sun lamp, Jace is quite pale – although he doesn't appear unhealthily so. This puts the unique colouration of his hair and eyes stand out more giving him a striking appearance. The Dark Radiation mutation that made Jace Gifted, also resulted in the pigmentation of his hair and his eyes becoming a dusty, dusky purple/brown colour. Most people assume that he dyes his hair and wears contacts, but upon closer inspection it becomes apparent this isn't the case. Jace's wears his hair falling in thin irregular layers around his head, his hair is kept thick and reaches near the bottom of his neck at the back whilst three large bangs that frame his eyes are longer than eye length. Jace has very thin eyebrows and a piercing gaze.

For attire Jace prefers to wear the colours red, grey, purple and black. He is generally seen wearing a pair of grey dress pants and a simple red, black or purple shirt. Over this he will usually wear his favourite jacket which is made of sturdy grey material with darker blue-grey accents. His jacket has an upturned collar.

Alis_design_anime.jpg

Personality: Jace has a serious demeanour a lot of the time and isn't particularly social in the sense that whilst he is perfectly comfortable in a social setting he also has no real friends and doesn't actively seek out company – a situation which he is perfectly okay with. Jace can be gruff or sarcastic, which in conjunction with the serious way in which he carries himself can lead people to steer clear of him.

A generally good person, despite the way he may carry himself, Jace wants to see a world in which Gifted and non-Gifted alike can co-exist and he believes that the most important part of life is to live it the way you choose to, without regrets. He will go to great lengths to protect innocent people from harm – Gifted or otherwise – but he has his own views on what constitutes innocent in a world that is controlled by an oppressive and fearful government.

A survivor Jace will do almost anything to make it through the ordeals of Heliopolis' underworld and will commit any crime to preserve his life, the lives of those he perceives as innocent and his own ideals. He knows he is far from being innocent himself, and that plays a part in why he feels it is his job to protect others through any means he can – he's not an innocent so he can't be corrupted by committing further crimes.

Gift: Jace possesses the gift of telekinesis - he can control the movement of objects with his mind causing them to move faster, slower and in different directions even if they are not already moving. This is a powerful gift, one that can activate as fast as Jace can think, but it does have limitations;

1. The larger/heavier the object, the more strain put on Jace.
2. Jace's telekinesis is limited to single actions, he can freeze something in midair, move it from one place to another or launch it away but he cannot complete overly complex actions.
3. It is hard to move living things because they struggle and move in multiple and unpredictable ways. As a result it is easier to merely push enemies away with his gift or launch projectiles at them than to repeatedly slam them against a wall or freeze them in mid-air like he might an inanimate object.​

Weapons/Tools: Jace carries numerous bullets with him but does not carry a gun. This is because he can fire them off using his telekinetic ability. Other than this, Jace can turn pretty much anything into a projectile or merely blast people away so he doesn't feel the need to carry much else in the way of weaponry.

Other: Jace has no memory of his biological family, only of the secret orphanage in which he grew up. Many of the orphans were Gifted (as were the two matrons) but all were raised as equals. Jace's ideals stem largely from his upbringing there and he visits frequently believing that Gifted and non-Gifted children being raised together as equals is the best way to create a better future.

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8278170&postcount=146

NOTE: If you see the IC posted that doesn't mean you can post in it just yet. Please wait until the chapter information is posted in the IC before starting.

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Oooh, the Ick is up. :D This should be fun

I'm just gonna give everyone else a chance to post first. Just gonna be... lurkin' over here... *hides in cave*

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Okay, guys! I've yet to make an appearance here, so I'm doing it now!

. . . I forgot my cape and dramatic background music, but these words will have to do!

Pie wanted me to remind you all that remaining reservations will be running out soon, so be sure to get your sign-ups done lest someone else steals your spot! Normally I wouldn't say to worry about that, but considering all the interest that's been shown here, I think it's a legitimate concern. Which is both good and bad, I suppose!

Here's the information for chapter one, for reference. I'll also be posting it in the IC in a moment, so get ready to post!

Spoiler:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
So just to clarify, everything is dimmed down? And also, hola again Naku! Long time no see!

Years
@Greiger - Basically despite the time it's going to be about as bright as a Winter 6:00pm (so pretty dim/dark but not quite totally night yet either). It will rapidly change to become a degree of light similar to late night (which probably suits your character just fine).

Edit: As a side note, remember not to make it rain. You're in a cave.

Last edited:
Back