Talk New Tools you Recently Bought

Started by Fairy February 13th, 2019 4:26 PM
  • 4 replies

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
Have you guys gotten any new art supplies lately? I just picked up a watercolor sketchbook for the first time in FOREVER, along with some primary watercolor brush pens. I don't have the hang of them yet but I'm excited!

So what have you added to your artistic arsenal lately?

Kitty

Meow, purr purr.

Space
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
670 posts
1.2 Years
Coincidentally, also watercolor sketchbook and brush pens. Ive been watching Kasey Golden on yt lately and I kinda got interested on how they work. This doesnt mean i've used them nono i havent yet rip

xXxSakuraxXx

Age 18
Female
Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted February 25th, 2019
63 posts
5.3 Years
If art resources count, I got some anatomy and plant drawing reference books earlier this week! Also made a fairly large purchase of tutorials and brushes from ArtStation, so I'm excited to learn from those. In terms of actual art supplies, the last thing I bought was a squirrel hair brush a few weeks ago for watercolour. I decided the benefits was worth the steep price tag.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
So this isn’t technically traditional art supplies, but I picked up some cheap eye shadows and masking tape that I’m going to try to use to create gradients! I have no clue if it will work or just smudge away but, hey, gotta try anything one amirite? :p Plus I got some hairspray to sorta seal in the colors as I work. If it turns out any good I’ll post it! :)

Advertiser Content