• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
Hey, zerokid, I love the progress you've made on this game, but I can't download it from the place you used to host the file, as I keep getting this error message.

My best guess is that you've got a browser extension that's interfering with it. Can you download other games from other sources? If so, let me know which one and I'll upload a mirror copy tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, I've uploaded an image that shows the Pokémon availability at a glance -- see the link on the main page.

Last edited:

yurissilva

Champion Trainer Of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2021
I Loved This Fangame,is just like firered and leafgreen,but with updated mechanics,gen 4-7,and extra features,good job zero,but the pokémon zero will have a second region?

Years
I Loved This Fangame,is just like firered and leafgreen,but with updated mechanics,gen 4-7,and extra features,good job zero,but the pokémon zero will have a second region?

Thanks! Probably no second region though. This took long enough. I'd rather get everything in Kanto and the Sevii Islands done and start working on features like Z-moves.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm, I encountered an odd script error in the team rocket hideout in Celadon City. What happens is when I enter the room to the elevator key, Jessie and James lock onto me from the door to Giovanni's office despite there being no way they should see me. Theres no crash thankfully or any other issue, but its just odd. Are they supposed to be guarding the lift key?

Last edited:
Years
Hmm, I encountered an odd script error in the team rocket hideout in Celadon City. What happens is when I enter the room to the elevator key, Jessie and James lock onto me from the door to Giovanni's office despite there being no way they should see me. Theres no crash thankfully or any other issue, but its just odd. Are they supposed to be guarding the lift key?
It's scripted that way as a sort of tribute to Pokémon Yellow. But in that game, you exit the elevator from the north side so I had to work around it. I never really thought about it, but I'll justify by saying they can hear it coming up ;)

Edit: Incidentally, did you manage to find any Gen 3 Rocket sprites?

Last edited:
Years
My best guess is that you've got a browser extension that's interfering with it. Can you download other games from other sources? If so, let me know which one and I'll upload a mirror copy tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, I've uploaded an image that shows the Pokémon availability at a glance -- see the link on the main page.

Yes, I can. I mainly use Mediafire for my downloads.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
It's scripted that way as a sort of tribute to Pokémon Yellow. But in that game, you exit the elevator from the north side so I had to work around it. I never really thought about it, but I'll justify by saying they can hear it coming up ;)

Edit: Incidentally, did you manage to find any Gen 3 Rocket sprites?

I know what Yellow did for that sequence, that was why what happened threw me off. But I guess I can work with your logic there.

and no, I hadnt found a third gen jessie and james sprite sheet which is odd as almost every game that uses them as characters had used custom 3rd gen jessie and james sprites...you'd think there'd be one on google images all things considered. The closest I came was a 5th gen sprite sheet which would look wierd compared to the other overworld sprites.

EDIT: Wait! I found a decent set! Finally! It doesnt look third gen quality, they look 4th gen which may look out of place right now but it oughta be perfect when you update all sprites and maps in future updates after you get back from vacation. http://orig08.deviantart.net/567e/f...tes_of_jessie_and_james_by_blckwh-d6jhg9i.png The battle sprites arent very good, though. The battle sprites you are currently using look good but the overworld sprites shown here look great to use. The sprites were made by this user on deviantart: https://blckwh.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-HG-SS-Brendan-May-Wally-back-sprites-376437639 He says no credit or permission needed but its worth mentioning anyway. He appears to have loads of other sprites you might be able to use for future updates too.

Last edited:
Years
Yes, I can. I mainly use Mediafire for my downloads.
Added. Hope you get on better with this one.

I know what Yellow did for that sequence, that was why what happened threw me off. But I guess I can work with your logic there.

and no, I hadnt found a third gen jessie and james sprite sheet which is odd as almost every game that uses them as characters had used custom 3rd gen jessie and james sprites...you'd think there'd be one on google images all things considered. The closest I came was a 5th gen sprite sheet which would look wierd compared to the other overworld sprites.

EDIT: Wait! I found a decent set! Finally! It doesnt look third gen quality, they look 4th gen which may look out of place right now but it oughta be perfect when you update all sprites and maps in future updates after you get back from vacation. http://orig08.deviantart.net/567e/f...tes_of_jessie_and_james_by_blckwh-d6jhg9i.png The battle sprites arent very good, though. The battle sprites you are currently using look good but the overworld sprites shown here look great to use. The sprites were made by this user on deviantart: https://blckwh.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-HG-SS-Brendan-May-Wally-back-sprites-376437639 He says no credit or permission needed but its worth mentioning anyway. He appears to have loads of other sprites you might be able to use for future updates too.
Thanks for looking. I've seen those ones before, and you're right in saying these won't be a good fit for the current style, so I'll make my own at some point.

When you say "when you update all sprites and maps in future updates after you get back from vacation", that should be a big fat "if" and not a "when"! I'd like to reiterate that I am on the fence about updating to Gen 4/5 graphics, and am probably leaning towards no at the moment. It'd be a ton of work considering that there are almost 300 maps currently with more on the way. Even if I do, it won't be soon after I get back from vacation; it'd be months and months down the line, if ever, after I have all the content and features I want in place.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ah ok I misunderstood that statement then XP either way glad I at least found a reference for you

Years

Thanks for looking. I've seen those ones before, and you're right in saying these won't be a good fit for the current style, so I'll make my own at some point.

When you say "when you update all sprites and maps in future updates after you get back from vacation", that should be a big fat "if" and not a "when"! I'd like to reiterate that I am on the fence about updating to Gen 4/5 graphics, and am probably leaning towards no at the moment. It'd be a ton of work considering that there are almost 300 maps currently with more on the way. Even if I do, it won't be soon after I get back from vacation; it'd be months and months down the line, if ever, after I have all the content and features I want in place.

It worked! :D Can't wait for future updates.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
i like movie pokemon origin, and i like mod hack of you

catch all pokemon like Red in movie lol :D

P/s: You can mod following pokemon in game?

Years
It's crazy you have so much playable content in your demo, that's awesome. Also, the Sun/Moon Pokemon you have in the OP screenshots look fantastic. Nice!

Years

The back battler sprites are quite smaller than the front battler sprites.

Years
i like movie pokemon origin, and i like mod hack of you

catch all pokemon like Red in movie lol :D

P/s: You can mod following pokemon in game?
Glad you're enjoying it! I was inspired by Origins to include Mega Evolution and have Mr. Fuji hand out the Key Stone. There is also a line in there where Brock asks Red how many Badges he has so he can choose a level-appropriate team to fight with. In a future update I plan to have all Gym Leaders except for Giovanni do this too.

I could possibly have Pokémon follow you in a future update, yes. I've got more content and features to finish off first though. Lots of issues vying for my time so I have to prioritise, so it likely won't be any time soon I'm afraid.

It's crazy you have so much playable content in your demo, that's awesome. Also, the Sun/Moon Pokémon you have in the OP screenshots look fantastic. Nice!
Thank you. I wanted to get at least the Elite Four done before release so that people got a main storyline to complete. I agree that the Sun and Moon sprites look good -- and I can't take any credit for them. Please check out the hard work by the lovely guys and gals over at Smogon https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sun-moon-sprite-project-dawn-of-a-new-day.3577711/.

The back battler sprites are quite smaller than the front battler sprites.
You're right, but there's a few reasons I chose these sprites. They're the ones used in Gen 5, in my opinion the latest and greatest of the 2D sprites, and excellent fan-made sprites in this style can be found for Gen 6 and 7.

Personally I got used to them very quickly and now prefer them, but if it's a dealbreaker for you, you could download Essentials 17 and replace the Pokémon Zero Graphics/Battlers folder with the images from Essentials. By default Essentials uses the Gen 4-style larger backsprites. Just be aware that this won't cover the later Gen Pokémon!

Years
You're right, but there's a few reasons I chose these sprites. They're the ones used in Gen 5, in my opinion the latest and greatest of the 2D sprites, and excellent fan-made sprites in this style can be found for Gen 6 and 7.

Personally I got used to them very quickly and now prefer them, but if it's a dealbreaker for you, you could download Essentials 17 and replace the Pokémon Zero Graphics/Battlers folder with the images from Essentials. By default Essentials uses the Gen 4-style larger backsprites. Just be aware that this won't cover the later Gen Pokémon!

No it's not a dealbreaker, it's just odd is all.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I like this, this is cool.
I'm not usually a fan on modern mechanics, but, you've made it work.

My only bug bare is the music.
Using Essentials defaults is just ehhhhhh. Is there any chance of a musical update?

Also, where would I find the Ampharos Mega Stone?

Years
I like this, this is cool.
I'm not usually a fan on modern mechanics, but, you've made it work.

My only bug bare is the music.
Using Essentials defaults is just ehhhhhh. Is there any chance of a musical update?

Also, where would I find the Ampharos Mega Stone?
Thanks! The music will be updated in a future release.

Ampharosite can be found on Route 13.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
Clefairy It is toxic but it does not work
JXSoeMQ.png

Years
Clefairy It is toxic but it does not work
JXSoeMQ.png
It probably had Magic Guard.

Edit: Interesting custom graphics you've got there!

Edit 2: This is a bit of a weird one actually. Judging by the level, this isn't a wild Clefairy; are you fighting Lass Julia on Route 8? If so, Trainer Pokémon should be programmed to always have their first ability--for Clefairy this is Cute Charm. So if it has Magic Guard then something isn't right here. I'll take a look when I get back off vacation in a few weeks. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
Report bugs (Pokemon Dhelmise use moveset always bug log)
LQZIuFt.png

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.1]
Exception: ArgumentError
PokeBattle_Move:614:in `isConst?'
PokeBattle_Move:614:in `pbCalcDamage'
PokeBattle_Move:1358:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6283:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2943:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2898:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2898:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3382:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3362:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3385:in `pbUseMove'

P/s: I have question, where is place "Alola Biodome/Alola Biodome Cave/Alola Biodome Ice Cave" in Safari Zone?, and where is place to get HM(Strength,Rock Mash)?.. i'm finish 8 gym :D

Last edited:
Back