• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Yeah I'll just start over anyways :) it will give me a chance to catch the other legendaries I couldnt find :D

I understand that it's frustrating to have to restart, but in the long run, it'll be better as the newer betas are less buggy.

Also, that wasn't aimed at you, more at the people who continue to peddle misinformation in this thread in spite of us telling them otherwise several billion times.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
I understand that it's frustrating to have to restart, but in the long run, it'll be better as the newer betas are less buggy.

Also, that wasn't aimed at you, more at the people who continue to peddle misinformation in this thread in spite of us telling them otherwise several billion times.

I understand :D. I still have the version with Team Saturn and Team Nexus xD. Plus i can restart to get Quilava again :3

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Is there anyway to make this game compatible with Flash Carts? Particulary the E-Z Flash 4? Doesn't LC not work on E-Z Flash 4 because of the way it saves? Is there a way to change that? How would you? I know LC depends a lot on the RTC but is there a way to make it to where you can advance the in-game clock by having there be people in every few towns or so that allow you to sleep for a certain amount of hours? Could you make it where the player chooses off a list from 1-24 hours and the clock will advance the given amount of hours they choose?

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
i want to know how to get extremespeed dratini from the elder at dragon's den (if it is possible to get that kind of dratini)?, or if there are requirements to get it, because on a previous save file, i battled latias after the team saturn leader calls latias/os with axel's dragonstone at dragon den, and when i got dratini it had no extremespeed, but on an even older save file, i battled latios and when i got my dratini, it had extremespeed if memory serves me right....

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Is there anyway to make this game compatible with Flash Carts? Particulary the E-Z Flash 4? Doesn't LC not work on E-Z Flash 4 because of the way it saves? Is there a way to change that? How would you? I know LC depends a lot on the RTC but is there a way to make it to where you can advance the in-game clock by having there be people in every few towns or so that allow you to sleep for a certain amount of hours? Could you make it where the player chooses off a list from 1-24 hours and the clock will advance the given amount of hours they choose?

To the best of our knowledge, LC works on flash carts whether they have an RTC or not. The way that Beta 3.2 onwards saves is 100% compatible with both flash carts and real hardware.

Linkandzelda has gone to great effort to remove all time dependency from the main storyline, at the very least. So, you won't be able to trigger the daily NPCs, but you should be able to play on regardless.

i want to know how to get extremespeed dratini from the elder at dragon's den (if it is possible to get that kind of dratini)?, or if there are requirements to get it, because on a previous save file, i battled latias after the team saturn leader calls latias/os with axel's dragonstone at dragon den, and when i got dratini it had no extremespeed, but on an even older save file, i battled latios and when i got my dratini, it had extremespeed if memory serves me right....

This is a HGSS thing. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as an extremespeed Dratini in LC. In fact, I recall Linkandzelda specifically asking me if I could put something together for such an event, and I know I haven't done it yet, so...

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Why the weather change to rain all the time???? Its awful x. X
i enter a city and rains, i go to a Route and rains again
I entero and out of a cave and more rain x. X
I starting to think it's suicune's fault xD

Years
No, you can't play with older saves. How many times have we said that in this thread!

If you're on anything earlier than Beta 3.2, you cannot use that save on the newest betas. It's not just recommended, it's required.
Why are you so mad? I think you misunderstood me man. I know pretty clearly about that. What I told him was to clearify things in general. I did told him to play all over again... Is that clear??

Has anyone been able to find Mareep on route 32 at all?
There is an NPC inside Cherrygrove city who trades a Poliwhirl for his Mareep. Give it to him and he will give you a strange Mareep with no Ability..

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Has anyone been able to find Mareep on route 32 at all?
Well... Mareep is not available in normal Crystal as well so the trade is the only way.

This is a HGSS thing. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as an extremespeed Dratini in LC. In fact, I recall Linkandzelda specifically asking me if I could put something together for such an event, and I know I haven't done it yet, so...
Doesn't the elder gives out it anyways...? Or do I mistook it for some other game...?

Years
Hey LaZ first off epic and awesome Idea for remaking Crystal version. I know you and youryyour team are working your best to finish this hack. But I would like you to bring back trading for those two pokémon that won't listen for nothing. Mew and Deoxys
Yes there are codes to get them but a real trainer refrains from using such codes. It would be awesome to have a listening Mew if you know what I mean and I'd like to able to send some pokémon over with moves that you cannot teach such as Thunderbolt and Ice beam and flamethrower. I rate this game an 8 out 10. When it is finalized I will give it an all out 10 and I hope you fix the trading situation in a future release!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey LaZ first off epic and awesome Idea for remaking Crystal version. I know you and youryyour team are working your best to finish this hack. But I would like you to bring back trading for those two pokémon that won't listen for nothing. Mew and Deoxys
Yes there are codes to get them but a real trainer refrains from using such codes. It would be awesome to have a listening Mew if you know what I mean and I'd like to able to send some pokémon over with moves that you cannot teach such as Thunderbolt and Ice beam and flamethrower. I rate this game an 8 out 10. When it is finalized I will give it an all out 10 and I hope you fix the trading situation in a future release!
Firstly... you shouldn't be able to obtain those two in Crystal so why in Liquid Crystal...?
Secondly, they have implanted routine that makes them not obeying.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
There is an NPC inside Cherrygrove city who trades a Poliwhirl for his Mareep. Give it to him and he will give you a strange Mareep with no Ability..

We fixed this, IIRC (The ability that is). If it's still not got an ability, then that's news to us!

And there's a difference between recommended and required, sir. That was what I was trying to highlight.

Doesn't the elder gives out it anyways...? Or do I mistook it for some other game...?

The elder may well give you a Dratini in LC, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't have extremespeed. I don't know if such a Dratini was in the original Crystal, it may well have been. All I'm saying is that I'm fairly sure it's not in LC, yet.

But I would like you to bring back trading

We never removed it, it's just... broken. There's a big difference.

for those two pokémon that won't listen for nothing. Mew and Deoxys

Could've sworn we fixed those...
Also, how are you getting these Pokémon seeing as they're unavailable in LC?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016

You get a free Dratini from the elder after finishing the Lati@s event, and right after claiming it to your inventory he will move tutor you Extremespeed only usable on Dratini (don't know if you can teach it to your own caught Dratini or not, but definitely works for the one he gives you).

Grimn

Gri(m)nning :p
Years
Did you put in the ev's for the pokemon?
These ones:
*HP* 
 Union Cave 1F - Surf: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 60% 
 Union Cave 1F - Surf: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 40%
*Attack* 
 Route 42 - Surf: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 90% 
 Route 42 - Surf: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 10%
*Defense* 
 Route 45: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 30% 
 Route 45: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 40% 
 Route 45: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 20%
*Speed* 
 Route 31 - Surf: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 90% 
 Route 31 - Surf: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 10%
*Special Attack* 
 Route 35 - Surf: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 90% 
 Route 35 - Surf: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 10%
*Special Defense* 
 Route 41 - Surf: Awards 1 Effort Point. Encounter Rate: 60% 
 Route 41 - Surf: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 30% 
 Route 41 - Surf: Awards 2 Effort Points. Encounter Rate: 10%

The original page is on Psypokes, just click on ev training on the side bar, then go to the heartgold list

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
To the best of our knowledge, LC works on flash carts whether they have an RTC or not. The way that Beta 3.2 onwards saves is 100% compatible with both flash carts and real hardware.

Linkandzelda has gone to great effort to remove all time dependency from the main storyline, at the very least. So, you won't be able to trigger the daily NPCs, but you should be able to play on regardless.

I just tried it and it wouldn't go. :( The GBA went to a white screen. Will you all make it work please? This is my favorite hack. Also would you consider implementing a person that lets you "sleep" and advance the in-game clock that way flash cart users could get the full day-evening-night experience and get both Umbreon and Espeon?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You get a free Dratini from the elder after finishing the Lati@s event, and right after claiming it to your inventory he will move tutor you Extremespeed only usable on Dratini (don't know if you can teach it to your own caught Dratini or not, but definitely works for the one he gives you).
Yeah! This is it. I knew I did not mistake it for something else... =D

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
Ok, i had one more question. Has anyone been able to put the Liquid crystal 3.3 ROM into a .zip file? I play liquid crystal on GBA4IOS, which is on my phone (without jailbreaking). If anyone could put it into a .zip file, that would help a lot!

Years
Ok, i had one more question. Has anyone been able to put the Liquid crystal 3.3 ROM into a .zip file? I play liquid crystal on GBA4IOS, which is on my phone (without jailbreaking). If anyone could put it into a .zip file, that would help a lot!

Aint there an app for ios that can put your rom in a zip file?
There are tons of apps for that on Android xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Found a bug, or glitch gym leader Whitney is just a black square , in the battle her sprite is normal

Also, since you can't trade pokemon like Haunter, and the rest..Do they just evolve at a certain lvl?

Back