• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Is anyone currently shiny hunting?

Sirfetch’d

Did some shiny hunting earlier this week and got a shiny Roggenrola! I got pretty lucky too with a + Attack natured one considering I wasn't using a Synchronizer. Gigalith is my favorite shiny so I am really excited to build a team around her.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
Was (accidentally) shiny hunting whilst exp farming with Golduck SOS battles in Moon, bit was a nice suprise in the end however (I do wish I had either US/UM to farm with Blissey though😖)

The Bellossom boi

I probably start on LGPE when I will buy a Switch.

Years
currently pausing my shiny hunting in usum until I know who's in the galar dex so i wouldn't waste time and effort shiny hunting pokemon that i would not be able to transfer. :<

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
I know it's not as impressive but I recently caught all shiny breach shinies, including duplicates of lombre and nuzleaf so I could evolve one of each

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
I've wanted to shiny hunt for a while to bring them into SWSH but due to not knowing which Pokemon will end up in the game, I'd rather not. I'd also prefer to shiny hunt for my favorite Pokemon again in SWSH with whatever new method those games add instead

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Apart from petting/feeding them in Pokémon Refresh and taking pictures at the Alola Photo Club, Shiny-hunting is pretty much the only thing I can still do to continue bonding with my most precious Pokémon. I've already cleared the easier modes at the Battle Tree and the harder modes aren't really an option since my favorites aren't competitive.

I've been trying for a full-odds Shiny female Snorunt for a while. Froslass used to be one of my absolute favorite Pokémon, so I was tickled when I found a full-odds Shiny female Snorunt in Moon and used her on my main team for a little while after evolving her. However, I'd soon get a Shiny even more special to me and regrettably had to drop her to make room. She has a pretty awful nature, which doesn't generally bother me (most of my teammates have undesirable natures), but I'm wondering if finding one with an ideal nature might be enough for me to add a Frosslass back to the team. (I've also been thinking about hunting it in Gen. 4 for use in HGSS, but there's something really appealing about having her in a Love Ball.)

Of course, if any of my current teammates don't make cut for Galar, I'd be perfectly content using my current Shiny Froslass. I just hope that there aren't too many that can't be transferred over (Dunsparce and Mothim have me particularly worried)...

Last edited:
Back