• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon randomizer

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021

A rom hack idea/discussion

I have had an idea about a pokemon randomizer that is similiar to 'Zelda: A Link to the Past' randomizer. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but it would provide a randomized run that would give the user a different experience every run. The randomizers now just shuffle pokemon, trainers, items, etc. I was thinking about adding logic to the randomizer to mix up key items and routing. I was thinking about locking the level of pokemon so that no experience was given. This would be more on strategy and finding all the key items necessary to beat the elite four. The wild pokemon would be semi-randomized with logic changing it to not soft lock you from completing the run.

Example:
Spoiler:

You might find a badge on nugget bridge or get an HM from Pokemon tower. I just don't know if the demand for something like this would be worth doing. It would require a great deal of effort but I have already started laying out the framework if people seem interested.

Back