• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
This is a great hack, i loved the humor and such. I can't wait till it's completed!

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
Ah I have been a fan of this game since I found out about it in 2009~ I must say I absolutely love the concept and I'm glad to see it's still alive and kicking~

Years
I just wanted to check to see if you updated anything I really hope you aren't quieting hacking well until you finished this hack but if your a senior in high school I can understand.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
This is a great hack, i loved the humor and such. I can't wait till it's completed!
Thank you!
Ah I have been a fan of this game since I found out about it in 2009~ I must say I absolutely love the concept and I'm glad to see it's still alive and kicking~
Thanks for your comment!
where do i go after klindor city?
You can't go anywhere, that's the end of the beta.
I just wanted to check to see if you updated anything I really hope you aren't quieting hacking well until you finished this hack but if your a senior in high school I can understand.
Sorry, but as you said, I'm in my senior year of high school and really busy. Shining Opal has to come after all my real life stuff.

Sierraffinity

Years
Years
  • Age 73
  • Seen Aug 8, 2020
first one i dont like mikachu its better mew and pikachu and second one i apply the thunderstone into pikachu and the game goes into blackscreen any solution??

Years
first one i dont like mikachu its better mew and pikachu and second one i apply the thunderstone into pikachu and the game goes into blackscreen any solution??

Please don't revive threads whose latest post is older than a month. diegoisawesome, just contact myself or Christos if you want this thread re-opened.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
This continued beta is based off the latest beta Sierraffinity was working on. And thanks to her, I've learned so much about how the game was supposed to be like so I attempted to finish the rest part she didn't finish. I managed to make full use of all the ideas Sierraffinity mentioned. Hopefully, I've made the game closer to how it was supposed to be like. But sadly, there was still one thing which is different from the original plans, which is the Day/Night system, which had caused too many glitches so I had to disable it to make the game stable.

Screenshots:
Shining%20Opal%20Screenshots.PNG

Credits to jiangzhengwen for the r button world map and double battle system fix, thctbm for testing the game, and Fangking Omega for the new tiles.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pp400ut04n6vv9b/Shining+Opal+Continued.rar/file

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Nice to see an extended version of this hack, and if I may ask, does any pokemon after the original 151 evolve now since that was an issue in the original version of beta 2 redux?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Is it completed now? I don't want to ask (possibly) a newbie question but couldn't find any information regarding to it and never played this version.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Nice to see an extended version of this hack, and if I may ask, does any pokemon after the original 151 evolve now since that was an issue in the original version of beta 2 redux?
I believe that was fixed, that was caused by the lack of national pokedex.

This continued beta is based off the latest beta Sierraffinity was working on. And thanks to her, I've learned so much about how the game was supposed to be like so I attempted to finish the rest part she didn't finish. I managed to make full use of all the ideas Sierraffinity mentioned. Hopefully, I've made the game closer to how it was supposed to be like. But sadly, there was still one thing which is different from the original plans, which is the Day/Night system, which had caused too many glitches so I had to disable it to make the game stable.

Screenshots:
Shining%20Opal%20Screenshots.PNG

Credits to jiangzhengwen for the r button world map and double battle system fix, thctbm for testing the game, and Fangking Omega for the new tiles.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pp400ut04n6vv9b/Shining+Opal+Continued.rar/file

Changelog:
Spoiler:

The patch was updated once again, in this updated patch, many glitches were fixed including the ones which make it impossible to access the Power Plant, the download link is still the old one:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pp400ut04n6vv9b/Shining_Opal_Continued.rar/file

Sierraffinity

Years
I never thought I'd see the day that this game ever got an update, but thanks to the work of one hacksrepairman, the game has been completed from notes I wrote as a child! Wow!

Honestly, it blows my mind that people still care about Shining Opal in the year of our lord NBA 2K23. This game, written by a child with no concept of how games should be made, restarted countless times, with wildly overreaching ambitions, has somehow kept enough of a following that someone decided they'd come in and finish the whole dang thing. While I've left the Pokémon ROM hacking space (more or less, I keep getting pulled back in no matter how hard I try to escape), I wanted to go in and fix up some stuff before posting it to my official channels, so I did some binary hacking for the first time in goddamn ever and boy was I reminded why I hated it. And that was even with help from the decomps! It's a wonder I ever made any hacks before 2017, frankly.

Now, while this is semi-official, meaning I've blessed this as the real 'final version' of Shining Opal, I had little control or oversight over how hacksrepairman interpreted my vague notes and scribblings, and have not vetted the hack for anything untoward, so buyer beware. I will not be doing any bugfixes from here on if I can help it, and all such bugs to be fixed should be reported in this very thread so hacksrepairman can take a look if he so chooses. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to sleep for a million years after the absolute gigaeffort he put in.

Bravo, my guy. Bravo.

Back