• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incineroar's Music Studio

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
These are great! I love the battle VS barry the most, and also all of the pokemon ones. Quick question: how do you get the midis and soundfonts out of the games? Google and duckduckgo seem to yield nothing for a midi of a lot of those.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I love these! Especially the Final Fantasy VI one and the pokemon ones :D Keep up the great work man :3

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
There's actually two different ways to do this, but both involve the same program: VGMTrans. VGMTrans, also known as the Video Game Music Translator, takes many, many several game formats, and can transcribe them to MIDI and DLS/SF2 files, which are what I import to FL Studio to work with. You can use original game ROM images in most cases (Nintendo DS ROMs) but in some cases you have to use game rip formats (PS1/2 .psf and .psf2 files and SNES .spc files). Some games don't work with it, but quite a few do depending on what sound formats the game was made with.

It's kinda a shame that the QT port is still WIP. Being a linux user, running the windows version is a pain.

Years
Listened to all the Pokemon ones, they're really lovely! Love the feel of Nightime Gatehouse! The FF sounds really suit those last few too, a nice twist!

BlueJackG

Are you Blue too?
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 11, 2023
There's actually two different ways to do this, but both involve the same program: VGMTrans. VGMTrans, also known as the Video Game Music Translator, takes many, many several game formats, and can transcribe them to MIDI and DLS/SF2 files, which are what I import to FL Studio to work with. You can use original game ROM images in most cases (Nintendo DS ROMs) but in some cases you have to use game rip formats (PS1/2 .psf and .psf2 files and SNES .spc files). Some games don't work with it, but quite a few do depending on what sound formats the game was made with.

Really? I never knew about that! That makes my work feel washed down, now... I don't use MIDIs...

I think I understand now why people don't really pay much attention to music remasters...

BlueJackG

Are you Blue too?
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 11, 2023
Yeah, it's the main reason I don't take full credit for any of these works. But yeah, I don't mind these remasters, I usually do them in my spare time when I really feel like it. I have one that I did on the GBA, I'll have to record that one manually too...

Well, it's not about what you use to make music, it's about what you end up with. So I'm fine with using MIDIs. However, since I don't use them when I do my remastered versions, I feel like people think I do... So, if you remake soundtrack from scratch, people think you're just another MIDI user and don't give you as much importance. I used to get the notes wrong, now I've improved, but for what? If you can just take it from the game... You know what I mean, right?

Back