pay day

Age 25
Female
Canadia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,243 posts
6.1 Years
Okay, looking forward to seeing your sample! You know you can just link an old RP post from here if you have one? ;)
Just finished, actually! Woke up at a terrible time but decided to just get that done lol. I still have one more short day 1 post planned to get the team into Cerulean, but I promise I won't fall too far behind.

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
Just finished, actually! Woke up at a terrible time but decided to just get that done lol. I still have one more short day 1 post planned to get the team into Cerulean, but I promise I won't fall too far behind.
Ah what a lovely post/sample!! Pidgey and Tangela then?

If you wish, you are of course welcome to play out Nugget Bridge IC :) but only if you feel sure that you won't fall behind much~

Welcome to the RP! I just turned off my computer so might not be able to add you into the IC until sunday. But you see Pidgey's moves in the chapter post, and Tangela's will be: Ingrain / Constrict / Absorb / Vine Whip / Sleep Powder
Quite the repertoire already!

I think we'll have a nice roster again here now, so with this I will close SUs - other than for the people I have already told should submit theirs (mdebourg101 and la vie en rose)
Age 24
Female
Alola
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
12 posts
29 Days
You're accepted into the RP! Welcome :D I'm interested to see how you plan on using Brutal Swing for Bulbasaur though... Using Vine Whip?
ALSO you are allowed to choose one pokémon from the previous chapter to own already, as you will be starting in Cerulean City.

You may also opt to wait until we are done in Cerulean (it might be a week or two longer) and start on the next route, but I'd recommend jumping in on the morning May 21st at least (Day 3, Wednesday) and do the DARK MORNING mission. You may also do the adoption mission of course.

If you DM me your Discord handle, I will invite you to our server where we do most of our communication :)
Yes, I was imagining Bulbasaur using its vines to "swing around violently" as the move description says--idk, I just really wanted Bulbasaur to get more use out of its vines.
Oh? Cool, thanks! Can Kai get a Poliwag?

I'll jump right in. I don't think I could wait a week! I'm excited.

I'll DM you now.

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
10,390 posts
15.4 Years
By the way! If anyone wants to talk to Kel and Isaac, please let me know! They're characters I want to retain control over but also they're working in Cerulean so... you might run into 'em.

If you want to meet up with Sorley we can arrange something. It won't be in Cerulean bc they are occupied until they leave at noon Wednesday. But if you get a held item somewhere along the way they would be useful to talk to :>

WizardOfOdd

Kirbymania

Age 19
Male
Somewhere in Southeast Asia
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
412 posts
175 Days
Ooo... Honestly, you gave me a nice idea too. Anyone want to meet at the start of the rock tunnel or at route 9? Richard and his friend Keith would be gone in the afternoon and should arrive at the start of the rock tunnel at night. So anyone wants to camp together with these two just let me know folks. Thanks, ^^

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
10,390 posts
15.4 Years
~ this is anna's extra characters post ~
~ casey's su found here ~

Officer Kel Dolan

Kel got their trainer license purely because it was expected of them. They like Pokémon plenty well but never were interested in battling. They did Contests for a few years, got really into the fashion side of it, eventually landed a gig as a photoshoot stylist. They really did enjoy that job, especially styling Pokémon. They considered opening their own agency, but the industry was stressful and they got… really sick.
Kel came back to their hometown of Cerulean at age 22 and slummed around for a bit before hitting it off with some young adults in the Police Academy. They enrolled on a whim and have been doing this ever since. It’s not too bad, in a town as chill as Cerulean. They’re usually partnered with Isaac, who Kel enjoys bothering. In a friendly way.

Cerulean Police Officer • Genderfluid • 26 • 5’9 • Growlithe • Clefable • Jynx

Officer Isaac Tanabe

Isaac has been with the Kanto police force since his teenhood. He’s changed cities a few times, but that hasn’t set him back any. He’s held extremely high-ranking positions in the past, as high as holding office in the national police headquarters. Currently, his official title is Sergeant. He stepped back in rank a few years ago because the workload was getting to him. Unofficially, though, he runs the Cerulean force. Everyone comes to him if they need something.
He is often partnered with Kel. As much as he likes them, their contrasting natures frequently lead to Isaac’s exasperation.

Cerulean Police Officer • Male • 49 • 5’7 • No Pokémon

Sorley Silverfield

Sorley is relentlessly friendly, sociable, and cheerful. They address everyone by first name only; they have no regard for titles, honorifics, or differences in social status. They keep a lot of things in their giant backpack and what’s in their pockets at any given time is a mystery.
They travel around Kanto cities to sell goods and advertise for their Saffron-based home studio. A tartan blanket and a hand-painted sign that says LEATHER are enough to succeed in this endeavor, apparently. They rent booths sometimes, but the on-the-go setup suits them better. Sorley specializes in crafting carrying methods for held items, and by extension know a lot about both held items and Pokémon morphology. Sorley holds a Johtonian Trainer’s License and is an active participant in the tournament circuit.

Leatherworker • Agender • 14 • 5’2 • Golurk • Misdreavus • Sableye

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years

i LIKE it

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
i mean Softy's head is pointy..? and she has lil fangs and claw arm things :3

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
I'll DM you now.
It's been a week of no messages from you, and you have yet to post IC at all - with no explanation or excuse despite me messaging you. If you really want to be part of this, this isn't the way to go about it. We will move on to the next route now so you'd better start there instead of in Cerulean. However, please only choose to remain in the RP if you actually plan to RP. Thank you!
Female
My place
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
53 posts
4.9 Years
Name: Gwen Alanis
Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance:

Family: Gwen was born and raised in the Unova region by her parents. At age 13 she moved to the Kanto region with her older sister, Jennifer Alanis, age 23 (Gwen often refers to her as "Jenny") and her partner Pokemon Krookodile nicknamed Krox. Jennifer once attended Cape College herself and enjoyed a winning streak at the Saffron City tournaments, but a few years back that streak of hers ended and hasn't quite been able to recover since.

Brief history: Almost immediately after moving to Kanto, Gwen had enrolled at Cape College, recommended by her older sister. Unlike the general schools she had attended back in Unova where she had a hard time focusing on the curriculum, the courses at Cape College proved much easier due to her enthusiasm for Pokemon. Whenever she could she would try to interact with Pokemon she found in the wild even if it was at risk of her own safety at times.

Personality: Stoic around most people but once someone gets to know her she opens up. Can get very loud and (obnoxiously) snarky, often arrogant and hard to see when she's wrong. Whenever she's interested in something, she becomes obsessive over it almost to the extent she might alienate others over it.

Hobbies: Enjoys cooking curry and listening to music. The latter has given her much interest in sound-based Pokemon such as Toxtricity.

Dreams or aspirations: Wants to someday go back to the Unova region and complete the Pokemon League challenge there and work towards becoming a gym leader. Possibly wants to teach at Pokemon Schools later on.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU9C6wZ3Jso

Starter pokémon: Vulpix, female, nickname "Pix". Has the ability Drought.
Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
It had been a day since Gwen had moved in with her older sister, and after she had unpacked most of her belongings, non-stop she was asking her older sister about the battles she's had at the Saffron City tournaments. Jennifer was happy to supply her little sister about the stories since she knew just how enthusiastic Gwen was about Pokemon battling, even if at this point she was just getting a little tired of the stories.

"Jenny, remember the time you told me about how you took out a Gyrados with Krox! How did you do that? Everyone knows ground types are bad against water types!"

Jennifer smirked a little bit. "Oh that? That was easy, Krox's intimidate was enough to make it's water attacks do jack and with rock slide, BAM, piece of cake." Jennifer took a sip of her coffee, bathing in the praise her sister was giving her for what to her was a pretty obvious play.

"I can't wait to go to Cape College, where I'm gonna become a strong trainer than even you! Just you wait!"

Jennifer laughed a little. "Oh really? Well when you beat me you should know there are even stronger trainers than me."

Gwen crossed her arms. "Impossible! Nobody can be better than you and Krox! Who else could take out a Dragonite that easily!"

Jennifer laughed a little again. "Just wait until you do become stronger than me and you'll see there's a big world out there full of all kinds of powerful trainers. You might even meet some at the college when you enroll. They sure put me in my place..." Jennifer took another sip of her coffee and noticed the time on her watch. "Oh jeez, its 5 already? I didn't have time to prepare for dinner with all these stories. Lets get something to eat and to celebrate the occasion of you starting Cape College soon you get to pick dinner."

I really do love cats

This is the first RP I've really done since I was 13 so trying to do all this has been a bit of a hassle. I apologize for any cringe I might have posted.
NNID: Bluekirby2
3DS FC: 3050-8098-0622

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
Gwen is accepted ^^ welcome to the RP!

I'll add in your details later on - but we recommend you start playing in the second half of Cerulean City, with the event called "Dark Morning". If you prefer, you're welcome to start on route 9 instead though.

Would you like some more pokemon to start with? You may choose one from each chapter (one from route 25/24 and one adoptable from Cerulean City - you don't have to RP the adoption process).

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
For the Pokemon from the other routes I'm going with Poliwag (male, nicknamed Uzumaki) and Axew (male, nicknamed Tusk) and for Pokemon for the rescue center my choice is Pikachu (female, nicknamed Custard)
Poliwag or Axew - it's one chapter :)

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
My bad, in that case just Axew
Alright!

Vulpix Lv 11 - Ember | Tail whip | Quick Attack | Disable

Axew Lv 7 - Scratch | Leer | Bite | False Swipe

Pikachu Lv 5 - Thundershock | Tail whip | Growl | Quick Attack | Thunder Wave

Moves will be in the first post of the IC thread.

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
you gotta conquer
the monster in your head
and then you'll fly

Spoiler:

Ralph Gonder
Girl // aged 15 // from Pewter City

Ralph is a lean yet well built girl who is averagely tall for her age. She has dark skin, bright green eyes and long hair that's styled into thick, pastel pink dreads. This happened less than a year ago when the hairdresser came to the Cape College from Cerulean City - as they do sometimes - and nobody was around to object when Ralph had this awesome idea. Needless to say, her parents were not proud. Professor Palm seemed to pry Ralph extra hard for a while after that, as if he thought she was mentally really off, sad, or angry and had to ventilate in this unusual way. She wasn't though. Not really. She gets it recolored whenever the hairdresser comes around.

Both her ears are pierced, several piercings in each, where she usually wears small gold trinkets. Well, fake gold, obviously. She and some other Leftover classmates pierced themselves shortly after the hair episode occurred, in secret, and it wasn't hugely pretty. Naturally, this provoked another round of parental rage and Palm-y concern. Nowadays it's healed pretty well though, so all well that ends well, right? Well, there was the nose too, which came a bit later still... This time, Mr and Mrs Gonder came to the school to sit down and talk about suspending Ralph. The professor defended her, however, until her parents left. Then, he looked her sternly in the eyes and said that he really would send her home if she did another crazy thing to her body like this. Ralph actually sort of liked the professor, so she promised not to. And she actually kept it. I mean. If she made a promise, she couldn't really break it, after all.

They said nothing about what to wear though. Ralph likes to wear revealing spaghetti tops or tube tops, although she hasn't got much in the way of feminine chest to show off with it. Sometimes she wears a hoodie over it, but a short stylish one that shows off her belly or whatever top is beneath. To make up for that, she wears dark lipstick and lots of eye-make up, and quite often way too short shorts. However, on her journey, her dad demanded she wear long legged jeans, as to not get cold or get scratches from walking through tall grass unnecessarily. Ralph thought that was stupid. But in the end, he made her promise. How annoying. At least she'd wear her tightest jeans.

family //
Mother and father and two older siblings, as well as some cousins and grandparents - however, her father's side of the family lives outside of Fuchsia City and they don't see them very often.

Her oldest sibling is a newly graduated business lawyer, now working in Saffron City where she proudly receives a hefty salary but very little free time. The Gonder parents are very proud of her. Their brother is currently studying at the big university in Pallet City, and he aims to become a technical development engineer at Silph Co one day. The Gonder parents are truly proud of him. Naturally, they all expect Ralph to follow in their footsteps.

Of course, that's the last thing Ralph wants.

Spoiler:

brief history //
All the Gonder children were born in Fuchsia City, but the family moved to Pewter City due to the parents changing jobs, when Ralph was only 5. She barely remembers the city by the sea. As most kids in Pewter, Ralph tried out plenty of sports and outdoor activities. She enjoyed several of them, especially Handball and Jiu-Jitsu for different reasons - but she never excelled in anything liker her siblings did. Her sister could flaunt her Basketball diplomas, and her brother could brag about being one of the youngest black belt Karate youths from Pewter. Ralph couldn't handle the pressure from trying to live up to that - so she just chose not to. She purposefully never tried her best, and settled for being mediocre. That way, she'd never feel like she was truly worse than anyone else, since she hadn't tried too hard. That was her reasoning at least, but it ended up making her quite reserved and resentful over the years leading up to her teens.

When she was 11, her siblings were actually the ones to come up with the idea that Ralph should become a pokémon trainer. Ralph agreed, mostly because it was finally something neither of the other two Gonder kids had done. It didn't go hugely well for her, however, as she wasn't very keen on studying. She failed several grades in her first years and wasn't allowed to make the journey when she was 13. When she was 14, she actually had good enough grades, but chose not to journey, for somewhat vague reasons. This year, however, she is actually motivated to do it, much thanks to her developing relationship with pokémon in general.

personality //
Generally, Ralph is a leering, smug smiley person who keeps to herself or hangs out with other "Leftover students" in between classes. Leftovers are where the people who couldn't graduate on the normal time are sometimes called. Not all are really decent people, even though the atmosphere in Cape College makes sure that nothing truly bad goes on. Ralph has street smarts and isn't afraid of getting physical when needed - or just when playing around. She hates people who seem fake, but appreciates and actually has a pretty easy time opening up to people she thinks are genuine and showing her their true selves - regardless of what they are like, really. She always appreciated Casey's simple, friendly approach to everything and everyone, for example, and even if she was skeptical to Ari's upbeatness and naivity at first, she realized pretty soon that the girl was as honest as they come and embraced their friendship appreciatively. She'll accept most people if they accept her, and she doesn't judge people much based on interests or tastes.

She does have some trust issues however. Mainly regarding promises. She can't remember where it started, but she will not forgive people who break promises, and she will not want to break any promise herself if she can help it. She likely won't tell anyone for quite a while about her uncertainty and worries about her future career and life. She wishes that she could live in the present and most often puts on a facade that makes it seem as if she doesn't care too much about consequences, when the truth is that her mind constantly thinks several steps ahead and worries about things that could go wrong.

hobbies //
She wasn't given opportunities to play Handball at Cape College, so she misses doing that a lot. However, she still practiced throwing balls, rocks or pokéballs whenever she could, and is probably above average when it comes to throwing them and hitting a target. There were several kids at the school who enjoyed martial arts, so the teachers put together an after-school club where they could keep practicing together. Thus, she's kept up some of her Jiu-Jitsu skills and will instinctively be able to fall without hurting herself much, and also dodge incoming danger pretty well. However, she isn't considered a very good student in the dojo, since she's tended to try to use her skills in the wrong ways in recent years since becoming a Leftover Cape student; sometimes she's started fights or thrown people or held people into grips to assert dominance.

Both her siblings went to choir practice and learned to play one or two musical instruments fairly well. Guess what Ralph did about that? She refused to make any effort at all when it came to learning musical instruments. However, her natural voice is pretty good at singing, and she can be found singing in the shower or while doing chores, when she's lost in thoughts. Those who have pointed it out have most often found themselves in one of Ralph's infamous lock grips or gotten hit straight in the eye with a wet sponge toss though.

Other than those things and her appearance, the only real thing Ralph has been focused on for the past four years is pokémon. At first, she saw them as tools to use to help oppressing kids she didn't like. Thankfully, under the guidance of Palm and other teachers, despite her failing grades, Ralph eventually came to trust in pokémon in a much healthier way. As friends and partners. Pokémon didn't talk muk behind your back. They didn't have social drama or expectations they needed you to live up to. They just accepted you or didn't, and Ralph decided a couple of years ago to be on the accepted side. As such, she has become quite attentive to pokémon, even ones she does not yet know personally, and is pretty good at gauging their emotions and needs, as well as health.

dreams or aspirations //
To be perfectly honest, Ralph doesn't quite know what she wants in the future. She hasn't been overly set on getting her license, although over the past couple of years, her motivation for trying to become a good trainer has steadily risen, to the point that she's actually making an effort to journey this year. She has quite low self-esteem, even if she puts on a confident front outwards, and she doesn't believe that she can become a really good trainer even though her skills in battling should indicate otherwise.

rough team plan //

it's time for a new empire
go bury your demons then tear down the ceiling
phoenix, fly

Cubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
Something I should've done a while ago already:

Deborah Cormac
13 years old - Female - Vermilion City

Bruno’s best friend and self-proclaimed rival. Deborah is a cheerful, energetic girl from Vermilion City. She has brown, shoulder length hair and dark-brown eyes, she’s usually seen wearing sailor clothes and she has below-average height.

Deborah is very rushed and always up for a battle. She is fearless and risky, but also clumsy which had led her to running into a lot of trouble in a lot of situations. Bruno usually describes her as the embodiment of chaos and thinks she is really annoying at times, but he actually enjoys her company.

Her father is a sailor, and captain of the cargo ship he himself gave the name of S.S. Kingdra. Her mother was a well-known Water Type trainer who went by the name of “The Siren”, she’s currently retired and working in Saffron’s Game Corner as a bartender and at times as a singer too, her artistic name is “The Siren” as well.

Deborah’s mom, Francine Cormac has been a good friend of Maya Dillinger since the day the latter arrived to Kanto, which led to Deborah knowing Bruno when both of them were three years old.

She enjoys helping her father with carrying heavy merchandise -for someone her age- to his ship, so she’s stronger than the average 13 year old. She’s also a great swimmer, and maybe not a great runner, but still way better than Bruno in that and any other physical ability.

Her reasons for entering Cape College remain a mystery even for Bruno himself, but he thinks it’s nothing out of common and she is just being her usual self whenever he asks her about it.

Her favorite color is blue, and has a preference for Fighting type Pokémon although her favorite Pokémon is Eiscue.

I still don't know what to put here :rowlyikes:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi

Male
D.C.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
834 posts
6.1 Years
Is this recruitment thread still open? I was interested in trying out an RP on this site (I frequently run games and play in games on another site I will not mention by name due to the rules).

Also, for obvious reasons (just look at my name and avatar lol) I would like to randomly be assigned a starter. I don't want to step on anyone's toes that are already playing and have a sandshrew.

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 47 Minutes Ago
33,435 posts
12.1 Years
Is this recruitment thread still open? I was interested in trying out an RP on this site (I frequently run games and play in games on another site I will not mention by name due to the rules).

Also, for obvious reasons (just look at my name and avatar lol) I would like to randomly be assigned a starter. I don't want to step on anyone's toes that are already playing and have a sandshrew.
Hi! As the tag says and also a note in the OP, this RP is currently Full. Also, I have a Sandshrew starter already yeah ahah.

I'll keep you in mind if we get open slots at some point :) Thank you for the interest!
Advertiser Content