• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Reposting this myself for editing convenience.

Teachers:
BEACON
- Professor Lans, Headmaster of Beacon: male, old, auburn hair → introduced by circuit
- Female, tall, short black hair, narrow glasses, appears stern → introduced by circuit
- Professor Glynda Goodwitch, prim-looking lady with a purple tattered cape → introduced by Anivia
- Professor Sylvester, teaches Explosion and Detonation: male, fat but muscular, extremely messy light blue hair, bald on top, round glasses → introduced by Ice
- Miss Wynnecroft, administration staff, elderly, sweet personality, → introduced by Grey Bidoof

FAUNUS
- Professor 'Bullrush' Hauser: Male, Bull, nose ring, large ears, horns, gruff and excitable personality → introduced by Godzil, named by Foxrally
- Professor Vicroc, Headmaster of FaunAc: Male, Goat, horns, fancy-looking (suit), kind and relaxed → introduced by Sephear, named by Foxrally
- Male, Goat, horns, shabby-looking (polo and slacks), in his 40s → introduced by Infinite
- Male, Canine → introduced by Foxrally
- Professor Leo Corryn: Male, Lion, mane, buff but older gentleman, around 60, light battle armor → introduced by Nagi, named by Foxrally
- Professor Azure: female, Mouse, petite, sweet and softspoken → introduced by Foxrally
- Professor Brass: female, siamese cat, serious → introduced by shatteredxfrost
- Assistant Professor Brass: male, siamese cat, serious, brother of Professor Brass → introduced by shatteredxfrost
- Professor Carla: female, deer, very silent, Bullrush's assistant, can gather info about someone just by looking at them → introduced by Foxrally
- Professor Langley: female, frog, straightforward and serious → introduced by Geras
- Professor Baxiao: female, dolphin, teaches medicine, relaxed, playful and kind, mother to Lauren Baxiao → introduced by Fennekin210

Classes:
- Introduction to Grimm Biology, by Professor Corryn and Professor Azure
- Explosion and Detonation, by Professor Sylvester
- Human Biology → Faunus only
- Combat Class by professors Langley, Bullrush and Carla, and Brass&Brass
- Survival Basics
- Battlefield Analysis
- Battle Tactics
- Medicine and First Aid by Professor Baxiao
- World History
- Dust Engineering → Human only?
- Semblance and Aura Control
- Weapon Engineering
- Ranged Battle
- Close Combat​

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Erhem. Yes, I've already discussed it with you at length, Mr. Foxrally, but I suppose I ought to do the right thing and put it here as well. You know, because if I'm gonna be a part of PC with over a hundred posts I should probably enroll in more than one RP.

Spoiler:

He'd be appearing as leader of Team FEAR:
Spoiler:

General notes are that Team FEAR is generally disliked among most people and that Fajio especially has a reputation of being an unarmed weakling incapable of fighting grimms and who piggybacks on his teammates. This is coupled with the general lack of knowledge on what his Semblance actually does; it is only largely circulated that it's useless on grimms, and no one seems to think much of it.

Foxrally

Years
Good god orx stop with those vile self-inserts you'll scare the children

As you've filled in the required information, the rest of team ZBRA is accepted! However I would appreciate more clarification as to what counts as 'strength of spirit', which is Ariel's semblance. The other ones are fairly self-explanatory but that one seems more ambiguous. DO you mean heal boosting? Morale boosting? Aside from that, send me your skype username and I'll add you to the group!

Foxrally

Years
Is this RP still accepting? I'd like to reserve a spot. I'll probably have it up tomorrow. xD

Yes we are! I'm excited to see what you'll come up with, don't hesitate to ask me if you need any help!

On a side note, I think I'll be adding a link to the dust skype chat in the OP. It's practically where all discussion happens and is fairly active (all thanks to this wonderful crew <3) and it's easier for people to just come in rather than having me ask them for their usernames and add them manually, etc. It would also be great for anyone new who's thinking of joining, so they can ask questions and chat with current participants.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Is this RP still accepting? I'd like to reserve a spot. I'll probably have it up tomorrow. xD

The irony of this is that if Mr. dud190 and I had waited a little while before thinking about applying, we and Mr. ShinyDiamond could probably have ended up in a team together and with only one NPC. But then we'd be deprived of nine NPC characters that the human side desperately needs.

Unless Mr. ShinyDiamond is joining team Furry and Proud instead of Team Furry and Too Ashamed to Admit It.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
xD We'll see if my character joins a group or not.

Name: Fei Zero

Race: Human

Personality: In a sense, Fei detests any fights. He'll avoid any fight if at all possible. He will, of course, fight to protect others who can't protect themselves. He doesn't cooperate well with others, he prefers his own company. It's not that he hates anyone's company, he's just very shy. He wouldn't know what to say much in simple chats, but that won't stop him from trying to point out something. He's especially shy around females, mostly because of comedic trouble in his childhood & teenage years, being called a pervert. It's called being at the wrong place at the wrong time. In a way, he doesn't have the best luck, but that doesn't bother him much. The luck part. The women part bothers him very. It is very clear though, that he cares about every being, Human, Faunus or whatever. He believes that every character deserves a life they choose, & doesn't believe in true evil. If anything, when he sees someone getting hurt for no reason, he loses all rationality & just wants to beat the crap out of the sicko. Overall, he just really cares about life & wants to preserve it for as long as he can.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Semblance: Hard-Light
With a need to protect others, Fei can provide support to anyone he chooses. He can surround his target with a warm light, providing them defense with a boost to their overall power. He can also provide an instant rest to those around him by surrounding the area with his Hard-Light. It also works to attack his targets as well, but with his current power, isn't much use at the moment. Regardless, Fei can shoot beams of light in any form. Depending on his will to fight, he damage his foes while slowly temporarily blinding them. By blocking any attack with Hard-Light anywhere on his body, he doesn't stop the attack entirely, but merely minimize the damage he takes. It gets weaker everytime he uses it on his own self, but he gradually restores his power overtime.

Weapon: Fei's personal choice of weapons is a sword-staff & claw. With his staff, he can use his Semblance more easily. Decorating it doesn't interfere with his Semblance, so he likes decking it out looking silver with some feathers. It also acts like a sword, unsheathing to strike. It's light but strong. With his claw, he can move with more mobility depending on his surroundings. By digging his claws deep into the surface, he can hold himself still & send himself in any direction in an instant. He can also dig his claws into his opponents, as well as scratch them. The claw has a built in gun, allowing bullets to be shot out of the fingertips. Between these two weapons, he uses his staff slightly more than the claw. There might be more he could do with these weapons with his Semblance given the time, but he'll use them however he can.

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8504533&postcount=632

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Crazy idea that might help push reactions from other characters thanks to the human and faunus hostilities.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years

You delivered pretty quickly! I'm glad to see people are still interested in making human characters, and rather fun ones at that. I almost expected faunus to be the dominating majority among characters. (which wouldn't make sense technically, considering they're a minority in the universe xD)

Fei looks like a great character! We don't have too many healing-focused characters (yours reminds me particularly of Mercy from Overwatch) and I love the way you took light as his medium of medicine. His history seems satirically similar to many anime main character histories (wrong place at the wrong time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) too, which I find funny. I do have one little request on his weapon though, or specifically his claw. You mention that it has the ability to 'slice at the air' for a ranged attack - I doubt this would really be possible without the use of a separate semblance, so you would have to cut that out. However as replacement, you could give him a gun (or some sort of firearm) hidden within the claw/staff. RWBY has proved that a gun can be crammed into anything so don't worry about it not making sense in that regard.

Regardless, once this small change is made Fei Zero is accepted!

Oh my, a human and faunus duo! I must say I really enjoyed reading that sample, it opens up so many opportunities with the Romeo and Juliet dynamic. The teleportation and energy swords are super cool (the 'anchor' mechanic is actually really creative, great job on that), though I would like to know how Nilya manages to use them. It's interesting that she has no weapon, though I would strongly recommend giving her something to fight with (unless you want to pull off a Fajio and have her be the distraction). As for your comment on Varik's proficiency with his his semblance, don't worry! All new characters start off at level 3 currently, so he much more proficient with it.

Now onto the big, glaring changes I'll have to ask you to make. Don't worry, it's nothing that will change the characters themselves! The first is fairly simple - about their ages. 27/29 iiiis a little old for an academy. The oldest we've got is 24, but I'm afraid any older than that is a little strange for a school. The second is regarding Nilya's presence. As detailed in the OP, all faunus living in the four kingdoms were all forcefully shipped to the massive concentration camp which is the island of Menagerie. This means that unless Nilya hides her identity as a faunus, it is impossible for her to stay in Beacon with Varik as any faunus discovered in human land are promptly shipped off. The way your sample is written clearly shows that Nilya's faunus identity is known (since people insulted her, etc.) but I'm willing to consider that as a prologue (i.e. happened before faunus began getting kicked out). There's currently one other player character who is a faunus in disguise, Tenerus Stone from team STLL, so you won't be alone at least.

Aside from the ages, I only need confirmation from you that you're okay with the Nilya change to accept you, so you are pending!

-----

As to answer your questions about teams (and this applies to ShinyDiamond, too!) how it works is that either you make additional characters to fill up a team four which you will manage and play on your own, or you could team up (seeing that you're in the same academy) and make a team together! With Fei, Varik and Nilya, you'd only have to make one additonal character to make a team of four (the fourth character's SU doesn't have to be detailed at all, just name, age, semblance and weapon).

Really glad you two took the time to make characters for this. You should hop in on our skype chat which is linked in the OP, your questions will be gladly answered there by myself or other RPers!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
You delivered pretty quickly! I'm glad to see people are still interested in making human characters, and rather fun ones at that. I almost expected faunus to be the dominating majority among characters. (which wouldn't make sense technically, considering they're a minority in the universe xD)

Fei looks like a great character! We don't have too many healing-focused characters (yours reminds me particularly of Mercy from Overwatch) and I love the way you took light as his medium of medicine. His history seems satirically similar to many anime main character histories (wrong place at the wrong time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) too, which I find funny. I do have one little request on his weapon though, or specifically his claw. You mention that it has the ability to 'slice at the air' for a ranged attack - I doubt this would really be possible without the use of a separate semblance, so you would have to cut that out. However as replacement, you could give him a gun (or some sort of firearm) hidden within the claw/staff. RWBY has proved that a gun can be crammed into anything so don't worry about it not making sense in that regard.

Regardless, once this small change is made Fei Zero is accepted!

I am open to changes. Also, I think you meant his sword-staff. xD Regardless, I'll make some changes to that. As for the claw, I guess I'll add some bullets to the fingertips. I'll make these changes right away. Once I do, can I get a rundown on what time of day iy is & what's the current event in the story? I'll be reading the posts, but a quick summary is helpful.

EDIT: Yeah I tried to look for some references from other characters, Overwatch definitely helping with that. :P He can not revive dead people though. That'd be like giving a middle finger in this RP. Also, I hope you enjoyed my RP sample. :3 Definitely my favorite post!

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Oh my, a human and faunus duo! I must say I really enjoyed reading that sample, it opens up so many opportunities with the Romeo and Juliet dynamic. The teleportation and energy swords are super cool (the 'anchor' mechanic is actually really creative, great job on that), though I would like to know how Nilya manages to use them. It's interesting that she has no weapon, though I would strongly recommend giving her something to fight with (unless you want to pull off a Fajio and have her be the distraction). As for your comment on Varik's proficiency with his his semblance, don't worry! All new characters start off at level 3 currently, so he much more proficient with it.

Now onto the big, glaring changes I'll have to ask you to make. Don't worry, it's nothing that will change the characters themselves! The first is fairly simple - about their ages. 27/29 iiiis a little old for an academy. The oldest we've got is 24, but I'm afraid any older than that is a little strange for a school. The second is regarding Nilya's presence. As detailed in the OP, all faunus living in the four kingdoms were all forcefully shipped to the massive concentration camp which is the island of Menagerie. This means that unless Nilya hides her identity as a faunus, it is impossible for her to stay in Beacon with Varik as any faunus discovered in human land are promptly shipped off. The way your sample is written clearly shows that Nilya's faunus identity is known (since people insulted her, etc.) but I'm willing to consider that as a prologue (i.e. happened before faunus began getting kicked out). There's currently one other player character who is a faunus in disguise, Tenerus Stone from team STLL, so you won't be alone at least.

Aside from the ages, I only need confirmation from you that you're okay with the Nilya change to accept you, so you are pending!

Ok made some changes (Nilya hiding her faunus features).

Also more detail on the anchors, and "increased" the pairs power. Also Varik is suppose to have weak Semblance, which he makes up with his impressive sword play. Nilya on the other hand really does not use weapons, but is very good at Semblance. This was a balancing measure since I had 2 characters. I did give Nilya an offensive ability to strengthen her though...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'm quoting ShinyDiamond here just to get confirmation: will you 2 be working together, or would you rather make separate teams? Make sure to let me know so I can add you to the team list!

Yeah, we'll basically be in a team. That still leaves an open spot though.

Back