• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
ok quick question. anyone know what this means?
"invalid pointer to map footer"
it appears when i try to load a map i have edited in advmap.

This means that you have corrupted data. Do not use Advance map 1.95 since it's an unfinished beta and is extremely buggy. Use 1.92

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Kind of a quick question for Fire Red here:

Is there a trainer battle number where even if you lose the script continues like normal? The closest I have found was the one below, but that has that whole little bit with Prof. Oak teaching you how to fight even though you've been playing the series for years now and I don't really want that.

Code:
 trainerbattle 0x9 0x(trainer number) 0x3 0x(pointers) 0x(more pointers)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Is it possible to make pokemon follow you like in HG/SS in FireRed? Also, is it possible to put something similar to poke amie from X/Y in FireRed? (I'm thinking no, but one of us really wants to know)

Mmmm.

sssshhhh.....
Le pug is talking.

I'm thinking no unless Copy Player [35] or something of the Movement Type in AdvanceMap can be implemented and even then it would look bad.

...okay le pug is done.
still sssshhhh.....

GoGoJJTech

Years
Is it possible to make pokemon follow you like in HG/SS in FireRed? Also, is it possible to put something similar to poke amie from X/Y in FireRed? (I'm thinking no, but one of us really wants to know)

Use ASM, and you get a good result like Jambo51.

Kind of a quick question for Fire Red here:

Is there a trainer battle number where even if you lose the script continues like normal? The closest I have found was the one below, but that has that whole little bit with Prof. Oak teaching you how to fight even though you've been playing the series for years now and I don't really want that.

Code:
 trainerbattle 0x9 0x(trainer number) 0x3 0x(pointers) 0x(more pointers)

There's a research and development thread on this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204875

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
I was wondering how I would insert a new font in to a game? Fire Red in specific. I would like to do a translation for Pashto speakers (native to Afghanistan). It's an Arabic script language with 8 more letters to the alphabet. Any idea how this would be done? Any attempt in the Advance Text Editor just gives me question marks instead of letters.

Thank you very much!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I searched for this and could not find the answer.

I'm using the Pokemon Ruby rom.
I am not looking to a Safari-styled zone but merely a ONE TIME safari-styled battle

i.e. you click on a rock that is in front of an eevee and it asks if you want to use it, then you proceed to a safari-styled battle with the Throw Rock, Bait, Throw Ball options.

Anyone have any idea on if this is possible or?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So, I downloaded this version and I used it to try and expand the hero sprite, but for some reason the option to uncheck the box under the secondary tab is not available, so I skipped that step and moved on to expanding the canvas and changing every offset of each frame, but when I made my sprite, it still ended up bleeding into the next frame. After I tried editing a normal trainer sprite and followed the tut exactly, even unchecking the box, and the same thing still happened. Is there possibly a different process I could use to do this?
Heres the tut. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302814
Also, KarateKid, I saw your tut about this, and looked at the part for extending, but other than editing the size in the hex editor, the process seems to be the same. Although I haven't tried it yet, ill still give it a shot.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So, I downloaded this version and I used it to try and expand the hero sprite, but for some reason the option to uncheck the box under the secondary tab is not available, so I skipped that step and moved on to expanding the canvas and changing every offset of each frame, but when I made my sprite, it still ended up bleeding into the next frame. After I tried editing a normal trainer sprite and followed the tut exactly, even unchecking the box, and the same thing still happened. Is there possibly a different process I could use to do this?
Heres the tut. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302814
Also, KarateKid, I saw your tut about this, and looked at the part for extending, but other than editing the size in the hex editor, the process seems to be the same. Although I haven't tried it yet, ill still give it a shot.

The process in darth's tut is the same, only it deals with the raw hex instead. Now, if you don't repoint frames, it will bleed. That is because these are uncompressed frames. Just force the program to repoint all frames to free space so that they are all black (or transparent color) when the program loads them next time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
The process in darth's tut is the same, only it deals with the raw hex instead. Now, if you don't repoint frames, it will bleed. That is because these are uncompressed frames. Just force the program to repoint all frames to free space so that they are all black (or transparent color) when the program loads them next time.
For me, when I edit the frames, I use the "FSF" on NSE to get my offset, but then when it changes, the canvas is black (not my transparent color). So does that mean its not using free space?

GoGoJJTech

Years
It's black since you repointed. So now it's loading a bunch of FFs, and now you are free to either draw or import.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
It's black since you repointed. So now it's loading a bunch of FFs, and now you are free to either draw or import.
Yeah, I understand that and I know it should be working. its a very simple process, yet its not working for me and im not sure if im overlooking something or not. I have noticed that when I click the magnifying glass to find a new offset for me, it finds one that's currently being used by another sprite, so I thought maybe I would have to get rid of the offset in both places, but then realized it overwrites it, so it shouldn't matter. I cant think of what the problem might be.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Well you could use a hex editor and search for free space yourself, that way you're never wrong. I do that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Well you could use a hex editor and search for free space yourself, that way you're never wrong. I do that.
Could I also use a FSF? instead of the one in NSE? and search for the bytes? Im not too skilled with using my hex editor yet. How many bytes would I search for if im doing that? is it 8 ofr each frame?

GoGoJJTech

Years
No, just look for a bunch of FFs. Like about 400 bytes worth, even though a frame is only like 200. Just be sure it's after 720000 in FR and Ruby, and F00000 in emerald.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
No, just look for a bunch of FFs. Like about 400 bytes worth, even though a frame is only like 200. Just be sure it's after 720000 in FR and Ruby, and F00000 in emerald.
So, open FSF, needed bytes: 400, search from offset 720000? Then do that for every frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back