• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Our character artist dmjh93 is currently livestreaming his progress on Twitch!

http://twitch.tv/dmjh93

Work in progress is Wally:
oPIZDg0.png

Years
Our character artist dmjh93 is currently livestreaming his progress on Twitch!

http://twitch.tv/dmjh93

Work in progress is Wally:
oPIZDg0.png

He finally finished Wally :D

Creepy XD also I see you put up ya new face, well temporary new face XD

Yes. I take MissingNo is not a favorite of yours?

I wouldn't say he's not a favorite its just....he's a glitch, and can be very bad for your game XD

Last edited by a moderator:

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
I saw you recorded the stream, i was hoping you recorded the previous one, but ya didnt T_T i was hoping since i wanted to rewatch something he did

No, sorry. Youtube was having issues yesterday corresponding with google so i didnt get anything yesterday.

VisualJae

Years
Let's keep the conversations centered on the game's development. Anything off-topic adds clutter and derails the purpose of the thread. I want to support the character artist, but all fanboying/fangirling for art unrelated to this game should really go elsewhere.

This project seems really damn cool
I'm a sucker for Visual Novels

heres hoping Cynthia and Iris are in this cause they da best ^^
We have fun plans for Cynthia. Iris will show up much later. I don't want to share too many details about this quite yet, though.

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
I was thinking about playing the game again but i'll let someone else pick who my roommate is. So go on and post me an answer and i'll live-stream it after the artwork tonight.

VisualJae

Years
Finished compiling art assets for Oak, Birch and Sycamore:
Spoiler:

And good lil' Wally, who was completed last night:
Spoiler:

And as if our character artist wasn't doing enough, today I came back from work and found...

...THIS.
4GhecdK.jpg

MVP. MVP... MVP for sure.

Years
Finished compiling art assets for Oak, Birch and Sycamore:
Spoiler:

And good lil' Wally, who was completed last night:
Spoiler:

And as if our character artist wasn't doing enough, today I came back from work and found...

...THIS.
4GhecdK.jpg

MVP. MVP... MVP for sure.
So leaf is gonna grab our hand so people dont think that we are with her XD....seems like ur average wild anime girl! XD

Oh yea, i forgot dmjh isnt just the character artist, he writes the player's lines, since they are his characters XD

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Ouch.... is there anything we can do since where already here?

Hey wait, you were just telling me yesterday you gained 4 writers. What happened to them?

So leaf is gonna grab our hand so people dont think that we are with her XD....seems like ur average wild anime girl! XD

Actually its any girl period, spare a girl with a level head. They'd think a boyfriend will make them popular.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
I made an account just to post on this thread after playing the game demo.
Amazing job!! I really like how the player can choose which two types they want to take up in the story.
I subscribed to your YouTube channel and will be looking for updates in the future on there. Can't wait!

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
I made an account just to post on this thread after playing the game demo.
Amazing job!! I really like how the player can choose which two types they want to take up in the story.
I subscribed to your YouTube channel and will be looking for updates in the future on there. Can't wait!

Glad to hear of it. The team is working hard to meet the expectations of the fans of the series. You can view the artwork live when it shows between 9:30pm CST - 12am CSt here ---> http://www.twitch.tv/dmjh93

Although i think it only happens monday though friday, i havent seen much activity on the weekends. So keep an eye on that page ^.^

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Played the other game the other day.
Absolutely loved it, the Art was stunning and left me in awe but it took me a while to get used to the male character art due to how "buff" they looked compared to other Pokémon art like the manga series.

I'm a big fan of Visual Novel games so I can't wait for the full release of this.
I just hope there is a romance-able Yellow route. :)

I wouldn't know if that is in the script as of yet, but if you would like to see Wally's artwork livestreamed a couple days ago because of the amazing artwork, then check out this link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4A7aAQ4c70

Sorry if there is no sound though most of it, I did not want youtube to get me in trouble again, but I do suggest that you join the twitch feed when you get the chance to watch the magic in action. It is also the quickest way to ask about that yellow-path.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
Played the other game the other day.
Absolutely loved it, the Art was stunning and left me in awe but it took me a while to get used to the male character art due to how "buff" they looked compared to other Pokémon art like the manga series.

I'm a big fan of Visual Novel games so I can't wait for the full release of this.
I just hope there is a romance-able Yellow route. :)

I think the big thing to keep in mind is that it's more centered on the gameverse than the mangaverse, and since the gameverse characters don't really appear at the 16-18 age range anywhere, it was probably left mainly to artist's personal touch. It's also done in a different style, more similar to Sugimori's concept arts for the games than the mangaverse, which definitely impacts how they look.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said, though. I 100% need a romance-able Yellow route if I'm going to continue playing through it as "Red." My heart wouldn't allow me to do it any other way haha

Back