• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Now? I thought you already were.

I was going to say because of the 1-0-9 store or because of Angel Beats.

Haha you forgot devil survivor 2 c: it's an anime I would totally recommend~

If I can't be cool, I'll be hot.

She's just a girl, and she's on fire~ Hotter than a fantasy, longer like a highway~
She's living in a world, and it's on fire~ Feeling the catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away~

Ohoh ohhh oh oh, she got both feet on the ground and she's burning it down~
Ohoh ohhh oh oh, she got her head in the clouds and she's not backing down~

This girl is on fire~ This girl is on fire~ She's walking on fire~ This girl is on fire~

c: I am not trying to insult you or anything ^^

Oz post edit complete!~ c:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
NOI DON'T!! there is an anime of it now! ;D awesome right? Do you want the link?!
The game is a darn fine one. There's no way the anime can include a lot of content that the game does. I'm not saying "don't watch it", I'm sure it's probably good, but I don't think anyone should take the anime as a substitute for the game, especially since the game has several story routes and endings (and social link-esque events). Luckily, unlike some other games turned anime, people can die in the game that don't necessarily have to and vice versa, so watching the anime then playing the game or the other way around may not matter too much.

For those of you who are interested, I heavily recommend Devil Survivor 2, and soon a 3DS version with voice acting and other goodies is coming out. Atlus has my love.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I'm a Huge fan of Atlus... Not as Huge as I want to believe but... regardless I'm really into the SMT series as a whole although I haven't entirely completed any of the games.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
She??'s just a girl, and she??'s on fire~ Hotter than a fantasy, longer like a highway~
She??'s living in a world, and it??'s on fire~ Feeling the catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away~

Ohoh ohhh oh oh, she got both feet on the ground and she??'s burning it down~
Ohoh ohhh oh oh, she got her head in the clouds and she??'s not backing down~

This girl is on fire~ This girl is on fire~ She??'s walking on fire~ This girl is on fire~

c: I am not trying to insult you or anything ^^

That is music to my ears.ying to,,,,,,,

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
How did Oz manage to dodge a Werewolf strike without any preparation?

Did he cast some buffs on himself and I missed it?

Sapphire Rose

Years
How did Oz manage to dodge a Werewolf strike without any preparation?

Did he cast some buffs on himself and I missed it?

It's not a full moon so a Werewolf is fast but not majorly fast. Also, Oz was trained to dodge attack like these, he would even dodge a Vampire punch with ease.

That reminds me, I guess I have to write down the stance of the moon every IC day. So I will do so from now on starting with the next IC day.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I'm not sure whether I understand. What are "attacks like these"? Physical blows?

If a Mage can learn to out-maneuver physical-based attackers with relative ease and no magic, doesn't that make Vampires, Werewolves, Nekos and other such creatures suck? They can't land a hit on the fellow*, while he'd still have access to his full arsenal of magic. Even a human with this training, which an unbuffed mage effectively is, could completely defeat every trick they have, because their only trick is being able to hit people hard.

Doesn't that strike you as unfair?

*Using Oz only as an example for all magic-based Youkai with this training, not him in particular as I am aware of his greater potency.

Sapphire Rose

Years
I'm not sure whether I understand. What are "attacks like these"? Physical blows?

If a Mage can learn to out-maneuver physical-based attackers with relative ease and no magic, doesn't that make Vampires, Werewolves, Nekos and other such creatures suck? They can't land a hit on the fellow*, while he'd still have access to his full arsenal of magic. Even a human with this training, which an unbuffed mage effectively is, could completely defeat every trick they have, because their only trick is being able to hit people hard.

Doesn't that strike you as unfair?

*Using Oz only as an example for all magic-based Youkai with this training, not him in particular as I am aware of his greater potency.

Just because Oz could dodge a Werewolves strike doesn't mean that every other Youkai suck. Everyone can dodge one's attack by just timing. Also, i've already warned that Fairytail is quite a strong oppenent. If Oz would be taken out this easely then it means that Fairytail would suck. Don't forget that everyone here is a student please.

I also never said that Oz couldn't be taken out, ofcourse he can but I won't tell how because that would make everything too easy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I'm aware that Oz is powerful. However, he pulled this power out of his ass, and the excuse for that is "he is powerful". That is not how power works.

Oz is a powerful mage; that's where his power comes from. He could have cast spells on himself to improve his reflexes, speed, and ability to detect the presence of others in the area, such as with improved hearing. This would even have tied into the fact that we know he's skilled with magic that changes his form, thanks to turning into a bird on one of the previous days.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have difficult opponents in the setting. I'm not saying that all other Youkai suck. But removing the power of three separate species thanks to unexplained training doesn't feel like it's fair at all. I know it's just me that feels this way, but there you go.

Years
@Lilizuki - The way I see it is that Oz is like the first boss in a game before your character gets all of their epic upgrades. He seems quite powerful and you seem really weak but in reality you are a fledgling yet to reach your max potential, he has reached his peak whilst our characters have not. I expect that by the time our characters reach their peaks Oz will be nothing to them.

I don't know what is planned for later but I'm guessing this is probably how things will go. Am I close Pink?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
That isn't how power works. Being skilled with magic doesn't make you stronger, just like being strong doesn't make you a good cook. Oz is a mage; this has been established, but it shouldn't allow him to outmaneuver opponents in physical combat if he hasn't used that which he's skilled with.

If it was mentioned that Oz used his magic to create an invisible shield around him? Great! If it was mentioned that he used his magic to give himself better reflexes? Great! If it was mentioned that he used his magic to turn intangible for a few moments? Great!

I'll accept that Oz is the first boss. I'll accept that he can kick the asses of all the students. But it stretches my suspension of disbelief to accept that he can defeat opponents in physical combat with his human-equivalent abilities.

I'm a good waitress, but I can't use that to beat up Muhammad Ali. My niece is kickass at videogames, but she can't use that to create jetpacks. One of my friends is a Doctor, but she can't use that to sculpt a sand-sculpture of the Statue of Liberty. But, I can beat Muhammad Ali at waitressing. My niece can pwn dewds in Halo. My friend can properly gauze a wound.

Oz out-maneuvering a Werewolf without magic would match the former examples. Oz shapeshifting into a dragon would match the latter examples.

If you get what I'm saying, and that's not just rambling. d:

Years
Okay let me try a more (roughly) scientific approach

Yorick, was moving at a greater speed, but had a greater distance to travel.
Oz, who we'll assume has reflexes that are quite good for a human/mage, had very little.

If you have fifty metres to run against a faster person with two-hundred and fifty, who is more likely to win the race?

Simply put; it was a matter of timing, despite Yorick being much faster than Oz, Oz noticed Yorick soon enough to move a small distance just as Yorick was meeting his mark from a long way away.

Back